• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
^_^ Thanks to Krazzikk I can finally post my submission. Colored with oil pastels. >_> Didn't have anything else and it didn't come out how I hoped. Here it is nonetheless.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
^_^ Thanks to Krazzikk I can finally post my submission. Colored with oil pastels. >_> Didn't have anything else and it didn't come out how I hoped. Here it is nonetheless.

Spoiler:
nice drawing CourageHound!!
it is veery good imo
i suck at drawing so i cannot take part >.<

Years

Spoiler:
Rawr, nice mudkip CourageHound, I believe you've beaten my uncreative benchmark drawing already xD
nice drawing CourageHound!!
it is veery good imo
i suck at drawing so i cannot take part >.<
No, no, please enter, no one here's gonna put you down :/

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No, no, please enter, no one here's gonna put you down :/
i know no one will, i want to join but my exams are coming up and im busy studying for them :(
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.
i would like to see a pre-evolution of milotic. feebas is a fish and milotic a pretty big pokemon so there should bea pokemon between them xD
i would also like to see a evolution of Seadra a big evoltuion xD
other than these two all water pokemon are good
time for some pics:
Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
i know no one will, i want to join but my exams are coming up and im busy studying for them :(
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.
i would like to see a pre-evolution of milotic. feebas is a fish and milotic a pretty big pokemon so there should bea pokemon between them xD
i would also like to see a evolution of Seadra a big evoltuion xD
other than these two all water pokemon are good
time for some pics:
Spoiler:
I definitely agree with you on the Feebas evolution. It's kinda the same thing with Magikarp and Gyarados, however I'm pretty certain both are inspired by legends, stories and the likes. For example, the Magikarp/Gyarados line comes from a japanese legend I think, about the carps leaping over something called the dragon gate and turning into dragons, which is what that evolutionary line depicts. Nothing there to back the Feebas/Milotic evolution up, but it could very well be a depiction of the story "The Ugly Duckling", about a cygnet which ended up living with ducks, and was teased for being ugly, in the belief that it was actually a duckling, but later grew up to be a beautiful swan which everyone adored. Kinda sounds like Feebas and Milotic, don't you think.

As for a Seadra evolution, Kingdra already exists :p

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I definitely agree with you on the Feebas evolution. It's kinda the same thing with Magikarp and Gyarados, however I'm pretty certain both are inspired by legends, stories and the likes. For example, the Magikarp/Gyarados line comes from a japanese legend I think, about the carps leaping over something called the dragon gate and turning into dragons, which is what that evolutionary line depicts. Nothing there to back the Feebas/Milotic evolution up, but it could very well be a depiction of the story "The Ugly Duckling", about a cygnet which ended up living with ducks, and was teased for being ugly, in the belief that it was actually a duckling, but later grew up to be a beautiful swan which everyone adored. Kinda sounds like Feebas and Milotic, don't you think.
Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles. This may have inspired an element in Pokémon Snap where, after certain steps are taken, a Magikarp will splash its way into a waterfall where it evolves. Magikarp may also be based on Asian carps, which are easily frightened by disturbances in water and can jump 8–10 feet in the air.

Feebas is probably based on a bass, possibly the largemouth bass. Its ugly appearance makes it appear to be also based from the concept of ugliness, appearing to don a wash of ugly makeup. It also seems to be based on the classic fairy tale, The Ugly Duckling, where a small and feeble "ugly duckling", treated as an outcast by other animals, blossoms into a beautiful swan.

As for a Seadra evolution, Kingdra already exists :p
LMAO HOW CAN I FORGET KINGDRA?? o.O o.O

CourageHound

Years
Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles. This may have inspired an element in Pokémon Snap where, after certain steps are taken, a Magikarp will splash its way into a waterfall where it evolves. Magikarp may also be based on Asian carps, which are easily frightened by disturbances in water and can jump 8–10 feet in the air.

Feebas is probably based on a bass, possibly the largemouth bass. Its ugly appearance makes it appear to be also based from the concept of ugliness, appearing to don a wash of ugly makeup. It also seems to be based on the classic fairy tale, The Ugly Duckling, where a small and feeble "ugly duckling", treated as an outcast by other animals, blossoms into a beautiful swan.

Wow i never knew that, awesome! :D

Back to the topic, another pokemon i'd really like to see get an evo is quagsire. I'm sure hed be some kinda super awesome tank. I think Quagsire would enjoy the evo, both aesthetically and competitively. Something that would make him shine and set him apart from other water/ground types.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Wow i never knew that, awesome! :D

Back to the topic, another pokemon i'd really like to see get an evo is quagsire. I'm sure hed be some kinda super awesome tank. I think Quagsire would enjoy the evo, both aesthetically and competitively. Something that would make him shine and set him apart from other water/ground types.
it's evolution should be a big and super scary pokemon xD xD

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I'm not sure if I already filled up a sign up form, but as I don't see my username in the members list I problably didn't.
This is very odd because I just felt I was a member. Maybe I was thinking that thelepathy actually works.

So, here we go:
Name: Mononoke Hime
2 Partner Pokemon: only two? :c Vaporeon / Suicune
Why do you want to swim with us? Because I love the element of water, and I think that this type has the best pokemons. In fact, the majority of my fav pokemons are water typed or related to water. Or blue (or have in it's shiny form)
Answer Current topic: What's the current topic, btw?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Well thing is, I knda view beartic rather cute and cool rather than scary
it is not scary but still compared to Cubchoo it is xD XD

I'm not sure if I already filled up a sign up form, but as I don't see my username in the members list I problably didn't.
This is very odd because I just felt I was a member. Maybe I was thinking that telepathy actually works.

So, here we go:
Why do you want to swim with us? Because I love the element of water, and I think that this type has the best pokemons. In fact, the majority of my fav pokemons are water typed or related to water. Or blue (or have in it's shiny form)

Mono u are a member of the club!
krazzikk must be busy so he didn't add u :D

CourageHound

Years
This is very odd because I just felt I was a member. Maybe I was thinking that thelepathy actually works.

So, here we go:

The current topic is are there any pokemon you want to have an evo or pre-evo added to their evolutionary line

CourageHound

Years
Thank you guys!

Anyways~
There's any pokemon you want to have an evo or pre-evo added to their evolutionary line?
A huntail and gorebiss evolution pleeeease!

What do you think the goreybs and huntail would look like??

I think quagsire upon a possible evolution would sort of some kinda big fish-frog thingy sort of a mix with a salamander and a frog before it looses its tadpole tail....oh and it would have fingers like swampert :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What do you think the goreybs and huntail would look like??
a small fish like feebas?? xD

I think quagsire upon a possible evolution would sort of some kinda big fish-frog thingy sort of a mix with a salamander and a frog before it looses its tadpole tail....oh and it would have fingers like swampert :D
thatwould be an interesting but it should be a little scary xD XD

Years
name:roseraderocks (call me rose)
fave 2 pokemon: oshawott and mudkip
reasons: i use the water type every time i start my ds games and i lik both oshawott and mudkip 1. they're both super cute
2. they have beastly stats and movesets
3. they have the ability to use many types of moves mostly ice
in my opinion water types are beasts

Back