• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My latest gen 4 UU team. Rate? Suggestions? Constructive critisism?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Here it is, slightly altered from my last and only took me 3 months, maybe 3 1/2 to make hahaha.

Pokemon: Cloyster male
Acquired: Egg hatched, route 206
Shiny: No
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
IV's: 31 HP, 30 attack, 31 defense, 22 special attack, 30 special defense, 30 speed
EV' s: 252 HP, 252 special defense, 4 defense
Moves: Spikes, Ice Shard, Rock Blast, Rapid Spin
Lead/rapid spin support.

Pokemon: Ursaring male
Acquired: Egg hatched, solocean town
Ability: Quick Feet
Nature: Jolly
Item: Toxic Orb
IV's: 30 HP, 31 attack, 29 defense, 23 special attack, 29 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed
Moved: Swords Dance, Facade, Close Combat, Crunch
Physical damage. Swords dance first turn, quick feet kicks in, get some good damage in with STAB facade at x2 power due to status affect.

Pokemon: Nidoking male
Ability: Poison Point
Item: Life Orb
IV's: 30 HP, 31 attack, 29 defence, 23 special attack, 28 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 252 attack, 4 defense, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Sucker Punch
Counter, works great with Cloyster and Lapras.

Pokemon: Steelix female
Acquired: Egg hatched, solocean town
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
IV's: 31 HP, 28 Attack, 31 defense, 20 special attack, 30 special defense, 0 speed
EV's: 253 HP, 4 attack, 252 defense
Moves: Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Roar
Standard Steelix physical wall with some entry hazard abuse thrown in.

Pokemon: Houndoom male
Ball: Repeat Ball
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
IV's: 28 HP, 22 attack, 25 defense, 31 special attack, 26 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, hidden power grass
Special sweeper.

Pokemon: Lapras female
Acquired: egg hatched, solocean town
Ability: water absorb
Nature: Careful
Item: leftovers
IV's: 31 HP, 30 attack, 30 defense, 20 special attack, 31 special defense, 17 speed
EV's: 252 HP, 4 attack, 252 special defence
Moves: curse, avalanche, waterfall, rest
Special wall/physical damage dealer.

NONE of these pokemon are hacked. I was accused of that with the OU team I made a while back. I'm simply a perfectionist who wants the absolute best I can get, and I put the effort required to get those results into my team. I'm glad to say I'm proud of this team and I'm confident in it and the time I spent on making it. I take pride in all the teams I make.

After reading some feedback I've try to make some changes and was wondering what you guys thought about. Here they are.

1.) Replace Cloyster with a Miltank with heal bell, milk drink, body slam, and stealth rock.
Body slam can provide some much needed paralysis help due to my team's lack of speed and It can take some hits too. It can set up stealth rock and provide heal bell support.

2.) Replace Ursaring with a Sceptile with swords dance, leafblade, Aerial Ace, and Stome Edge.
It's faster then quick feet Ursaring and aftwe a swords dance does more damage. Aerial ace provides the fighting coverage I need and stone edge can xover flying and fire types. And it can deal some good damage with leafblade.

3.) Replace Steelix with Donphan because donphan works better hahaha

I was also wondering if you thought swapping out my houndoom with a Rapidash that knows hypnosis, sunny day, flamethrower, and Solarbeam would be a good idea? It looks great on paper but I'be never tested it. He could put something to sleep, sunny day on the switch, and sweep with flamethrower and 1 turn solarbeam.

I believe the first 3 would be great improvements and I already have the Sceptile and Miltank and the Donphan would only take me about 2-3 weeks to get. As for the Rapidash that's just something I thought sounded interesting. I've been told to keep Houndoom (which I'll probably end.up doing if people don't like that Rapidash), but that Rapidash looks great on paper but It's never been tested.

Last edited:

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
. you have 2 water types and no Electric defense. I think Lapras can learn an Electric attack.
Cloyster and Lapras have a Fighting weakness and you dont have a Psychic/Flying attack.
You'll have a hard time against the Fighting types. Nidoking is the only one who has a Resistance to it. Try putting Aerial Ace in your team

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
This looks neat, but I think a huge portion of your team is going to be hurt by fighting types. Either a standard Guts Swellow or a Special Altaria build will help alleviate that problem if Nidoking gets taken out too early.

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252SpA/108HP/148Spe
-Perish Song
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam
Altaria is resistant to some of the biggest threats to your team. You should be switching him in on threats and threaten with a Perish Song or start hammering through the armor with Draco Meteor. Usually, fighters in UU tier hover around 50-87 base speed with Toxicroak being your greatest threat with Sucker Punch. A Perish Song will miss that blow, affording you time to get him out of there, and coming back in on him with Fire Blast will clear away a Dry Skin 'Croak with time to spare.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd also replace Steelix with Donphan so you have Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock support in one Pokemon:
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Assurance/Ice Shard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe

Since you have Donphan as a Rapid Spinner, you can use Drapion instead of Cloyster to set up Toxic Spikes:
-Taunt
-Toxic Spikes
-Crunch
-Earthquake
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Sniper

However, with this build, your team will have a huge Ground weakness, so replacing Houndoom with the Altaria set mentioned earlier might be a good idea.

Back