• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Pokemon Uranium (DEMO!)

[/CENTER]
10h3ojo.png

Welcome to the Pokemon Uranium project thread, I hope you like how the project is going!

Contents:

-Credits
-Team
-Plot
-Game features
-Some Pokémon
-Screenshots
-Extra stuff
-DEMO download.

bannercreditsw.png

- To Pequedark-Velvet drom deviantart that allowed me to use his deisgns ^^.
- To Poccil, who made the incredible pokemon essentials... Without him this project wont exist.
- To OmegaGroudon, who made a super cool title screen =]
- To 4 gen Matt for his super pack with charsets.
- To Allistair, C.N.C and Zelx! for some tiles (mainly buildings)
- To Dew for donating some of his own game exclusive tiles to Uranium ;].
- To Wichu, F.M.P, ShinyLugia, who helped me with scripting, or giving tips about something else.
- To Luca S.J, for giving a great Christmas present xD.

bannersteamw.png

-~JV~: Project leader, main mapper, main eventer, main scripter, main sonoplast, main graphic artist etc...
-ZephyrPlusle: Admin, spriter, writter.
-Zorin:Fakemon Spriter.
-PichuK(TCoD)(vanished =[):Fakemon Spriter.
-Dew:Tile Spriter.

bannersplotw.png

Welcome to the region of Tandor, where warm breezes sweep through quiet towns and waves lap at sandy beaches. Tandor is known, among other things, for its robust and slightly different Gym Challenge, where Pokemon trainers travel the region to collect six gym badges and compete in the Tandor Regional tournament, held once a year. This tournament, one of the longest-running in modern Pokemon history, is also renowned as being one of the most difficult. The honor of being Champion is one of the most sought-after in the Pokemon world.

And, you? You weren't interested in all that at first-- you're just a thirteen-year-old kid leading a thirteen-year-old life. After your mother Lucille died ten years ago in a meltdown at a nuclear power plant, your father (an experienced Pokemon Ranger) left you with your great-aunt and departed to travel the region. But your Aunt can't support you any longer, and so you're forced to leave home. Fortunately for you, opportunity.

Professor Bamb'o, regional expert on Pokemon elements, has been looking for a trainer assistant to travel the region and gather specimens of the varied wildlife. You, along with an eleven-year-old named Theo that you've known for most of your life, step up to the challenge. After receiving your starter Pokemon, you head towards your first gym badge in Nowtoch town, and your first steps exploring the Tandor region.

Things aren't as sunny as they first seem, though. Just when everything regarding the accident ten years ago in which you lost your mother seemed certain, new developments begin to emerge. A new power plant is contracted to be built over the site of the old one. Your father begins acting strangely, journeying to the far areas of the region and questioning whether your mother really is dead. And amidst all the turmoil, it seems that a great impending disaster is looming over Tandor...

It seems you may be in for more than you bargained for.

bannersfeaturesw.png

-Great plot
-The brand new region of Tandor (yes, thats the region name)
-Alot of new pokemons (Im a spriter, and im willing to get help from others too)
-Old pokemons will also be there
-Instead of Elite 4, we will make a Elite championship
-More pokeballs
-Alot of islands to visit and alot of secrets to discover.

bannerspokedexw.png

Spoiler:

Type Control Chart:

(double types count as one of each type)

Fire: 8
Water: 12
Grass: 6
Electric: 7[/COLOR]
Flying: 10
Ground: 14
Steel: 4
Bug: 6
Poison: 7
Rock: 4
Psychic: 4

Dark: 11
Normal: 12
Dragon: 3
Ice: 0

Fighting: 6

*Ok number.
*Too much!
*Need urgently!

bannersvideosw.png

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS:
Spoiler:

MUSIC VIDEOS:

Spoiler:

bannerscreensw.png

Current title screen:
53wqaw.png

Region map:
2hevvxh.png

280mx3t.png

A bit of Uranium landscape =].

sw719f.png

A couple of encounters, the first one is with your Rival, the other is the Gym Leader Davern, guess what, his gym is in a Cavern xD.

Bag Screen~

capture002-5.png

Pokemon Selection Screen~

ih5mc9.png

Pokedex Screen~

29m0hw2.png

Battle Screen~

capture006-2.png
capture007-2.png

Status Screen~

capture005-3.png

PokéPod Screen~

capture003-4.png

Trainer Card~

capture004-4.png

bannersupportw.png

Support Pokemon Uranium with those cool userbars and buttons!

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4198/ubuttonfinal3wg9.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5272/ubuttonfinal2wr6.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9610/ubuttonfinal1vc6.png[/img][/url]

Animated one!

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/605/ubuttonfinalanihf3.gif[/img][/url]

~Pokémon Uranium Demo Release~

(Quote from 10/5/09 post)
Today is probably one of the most special days in my life (ok, I had a lot of better days), thats my first real accomplishment in rmxp, it's the first time I release anything to public. What can make things even more special? Well, today is also Uranium's first year birthday! Yes, 5th of October of 2008 I opened rmxp and clicked in the new project button, here it is xD. Well, I know you all only want to play the game and have some fun so here a few things I'd like you to do for me...

-Report any bugs you find posting here.
-Don't desencrypt it for gods sake.
-If there is any problem in your playthrough, feel free to ask here.
-Have loads of fun.
-Appreciate all the custom pokémon, music and tiles =].

Yes, thats it, also, I think that is a really stable version of the game, you won't have problems playing through it...

~Donwload Link~: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqtmwtzwzdv

All custom images, musics, sprites, pokémon, design and names are copyrighted to the PU Team.

I hope everyone liked how the game is going, and please i need help from other people in this project, ANY help is welcome. [/div]

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Oh my god, im so happy, Pokemon Uranium is finally in the showcase! Plz comment, rate and if you want to help with anything plz POST here!

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2009
It looks amazing. but all the pokemon screenshots are mostly four legged eevee like things.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
maps look brilliant, I suggest you add some dragon types etc...make it even for most type of pokemon

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Your pokemon either look pretty good (ones like metalynx) or needs more improvement (ones like zubread). One of your buildings in the last town looks blurry, and I think there should be a third starter evolution because either the first starters would have higher stats or the last evos would be a lot weaker.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
yeah there should definitley be a thrid evo of the starters.....if not it just wone be right and they would be weaker than other pokemon

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Your pokemon either look pretty good (ones like metalynx) or needs more improvement (ones like zubread). One of your buildings in the last town looks blurry, and I think there should be a third starter evolution because either the first starters would have higher stats or the last evos would be a lot weaker.
yeah there should definitley be a thrid evo of the starters.....if not it just wone be right and they would be weaker than other pokemon

No, the stat growing rate is bigger to them, so they get more stats each level. ;p

Teddiursa: Zubread and some others are old sprites, ill fix them later (actually it was my second scratxh)

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wait your telling me at a random poimt the player stops and says those stuff? I dont really believe it much cause it looks kinda copy pasted.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Wait your telling me at a random poimt the player stops and says those stuff? I dont really believe it much cause it looks kinda copy pasted.

Lol no ^^. I just put these textboxs for the screenshots. And it looks copypasted because its actually only one big image with the screenshots.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
A new update to the thread!

-Pokemon icons were done (starters so far)
-Starters battlebacks were done too (by our new spriter xD)
- ZephyrPlusle in now in the team as Uranium official spriter!

Screenshots of the update:
2929z7t.png

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
UPDATE!!

- +6 pokemon added!
- NEW thread layout!
- New 3 evolution chain electric/bug pokemon coming!
- A DEMO (more likely an alpha test) IS COMING IN SOME WEEKS!

Blazers08: Thanks for the nice comment!

Also, i already got around 400 views and only 12 posts (most of them were mine). CMON people post, comment, rate, criticise, anything!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
What aweful means (awful?), if its good thanks, if its bad tell me what to change =0.

Also i have some news for you guys that dont post, the plot is going to change drastically, now its alot more interesting and original, the only thing i can tell you is that it now will involve a nuclear plant, a new type of pokemon and the balance of the enviroment.
Please i need some comments in the new fakemon, like suggestions on what to change, what you want to see in the future and etc.

~JV

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
i know that, but this problem is already solved, Zephyrplusle (my spriter) had done them in 80x80 so i had to resize them to 124x124. But now we already have the sprites in the correct size =p

Off topic: you have cool rotom forms in your sig ^^

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Nice job! I really like the new backpics too ^^, cant wait to see more on the game!

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
The pokemon are coming along. My favorite of the new ones you added is owten. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back