• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I have enhanched the maps and added something different. This game will have the map on the left as its main region. The map on the right is the same region but based in the future (where the water levels have increased). The future will act as a second region, but wont have as many cities and routes as the same region in the past. The game will start off in the past.

mayerotlispast.png
mayerotlis.png

Surely the bits of land left on the future map should correspond with the mountainous areas of the past one? For example, the mountainous area in the central right part of the map has disappeared, whereas some of the lower areas have not... And what's with new islands forming? Surely the water level rise would have prevented that?

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
erosion and plate techtonics would explain for it, but yeah, for a pokemon game, the map should probably just have the colors changed, maybe some of the land routs could have become sea or underwater routes, and a few cities or towns have built domes over them so that they didn't have to keep moving

btw, about how far into the future is the second picture from the first?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I don't think the bench in the following screen is public. I could be wrong, but I believe this is part of Kyledove's private tileset for his game.

capture027.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Its exam season ;) Development is still continuing, I just don't think DragoChamp has enough time to update the thread.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
LoooL XD...your first post agentalexadre12. Acctually there is a huuuuuuuuuuuge update. I just cant get imageshack to upload my 10 images :S once they are uploaded i'll show you all.
(A little hint though: It's the first reveal of a Legend).
P.S. Alex...you know I'm not the kind of person that studies XD

@Worldslayer: I have no idea about the bench, and unless someone like kyledove complains, I plan on using it.
@Anyone about the map: The land erosion and moving plates (as PikaStorm said) would pretty much explain the change. Besides...why so explicit...it's just a Pokemon game, and not everything has to be scientifically explained. Also I'm, still thinking on how far in the future the second map shall be.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
BTW, I found a way to display a proper D/P/Pt move select screen during a battle, I will finish it up after the exams ;). I will also probably mess with the mouse script to get it compatible with the move selection.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
Years
Wow this looks great. The tiles and graphics look super. I hope to one day play this. Please upload some more screenies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok here it is...and after some thought...well...I reallised it's not that big of an update, but it's still nice. Have you noticed that the pokemon that were never that significant were the 3 Regis, well that's about to change because the new legend is out.

Legend 9: Rise of the Regi
After completing cerain events (such as the Elite 4 and the Hoenn League) a story that has been intorduced at the very beginning of the game (but wasn't explained) now gets a deeper introduction.

Cyrus won't rest untill he has the world in his control, and always keeps on continuing his search for power. This time he takes his search to Kanto. Prof. Oak and his aids have unraveled the mysteries of the Fallrock Tunnel and finished digging through it. In it, they found various sculptures of the Legendary Pokemon that shaped our land: the Regis. Cyrus heard of this on the TV and immediately brought all his little Team Galactic Grunts and your most vicious enemy from Sinnoh: Commander Mars. Cyrus has collected all the artifacts needed to enter the summit of Mt. Fallrock, and wake the Legendary Regigigas. He wants this power to take lead of the world. Once you reach Mt. Fallrock, it is already too late. Cyrus has already activated the Statue with the 3 Earth Gems and opened the door to Mt. Fallrock. You try to stop him and chase him to the entrance, but Cyrus pushes you away, enters the Cave and the gates close on you.
capture034.png

The situation looks bad now. And with all hope lost, another event activates. By putting the gems in place and then taking them out, Cyrus has opened three more carvens throughout the world. The dwelling place of the Regis. It is up to you now to find them and take the Gems of Stone, Ice and Iron to, once more, open the door to Mt. Fallrock. It may seem a simple task, but finding the Caves is hard.
capture035.png
capture037.png

capture038.png
capture039.png

capture040.png
capture041.png

Once you have entered the cave, you will see plates in the form of the Regi you are currently at. Most people might think, that since they look like at Platinum, you just have to step at all of them and the Regi will pop out of a Statue. Well that is true...partially. Yes you need to step on all seven plates, but you need to do it in the correct sequence. If you step on the right tile, it lights up...if you don't, it makes a buzzing sound and you have to start all over again. That should be hard since there are many combinations. But as kind as I am, there is a secret place (which I'm not going to tell you:P) that contains the answers to the combination, but presented as a riddle. Can you solve this mind bending riddle? Trust me it is not easy.
capture042.png
capture043.png

After defeating the Regi, a door will open within the cave. Take everything that is in there for the door wont be open again after you leave. You only have one chance...don't mess it up.
capture044.png

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I was playing around with some other game engines and scripts, and got this
3dgametest.png

Now this is still a bit messed up since it is not fully compatible with the Pokemon game engine, so it gives alot of errors. But I just posted it to get some feedback on it.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Hey DragoChamp, long time no see.
Good to see Blue Chrome's still going strong and I'm liking the new Regi part, sounds good.
I just wanna say, I'm really not too keen on the more D/P/Pl style with he current pixel graphics but I think it would look really good with 3d graphics but that might be too much work to change all the stuff.
Keep up the good work. LW

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
you are just mixing together many stories

Yea I know. That's the whole point. While focusing on one main plot, there will be many more stories that will have to do something with the Legendary Pokemon. Each Legendary Pokemon will play a part in an interactive story, to keep things less boring. Otherwise imagine you are playing through a whole region or two and nothing new happens. Some stories will be available post play, others during the play and some you will even need to complete to carry on with the game.

Also here is a user bar. I'm still working on others, but this one is the first one released.
giratinsupport.png

EDIT: I've placed more support banners on the first page of this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Very nice concept i just think you're going into an area which will force you to make almost a lot from scratch ehich will take very advanced game making skills. ie. the bank, popularity system things like that are gonna be next to impossible to do not to mention the trainers needs.

I hope you prove me wrong i really do i just cant see this working out!
But All The best. I hope you suprise me

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Very nice concept i just think you're going into an area which will force you to make almost a lot from scratch ehich will take very advanced game making skills. ie. the bank, popularity system things like that are gonna be next to impossible to do not to mention the trainers needs.

I hope you prove me wrong i really do i just cant see this working out!
But All The best. I hope you suprise me
It is hard...but with Ruby scripting nothing is impossible, and that has been proven by many people. I plan to accomplish everything that I mention and my game will have all the functions. Personally the only problem to overcome is time. This all can be done, it is just going to take huge amounts of time. I hope this game will be a success and I'm quite satisfied with the amount of work we have done, and there are only three of us working on this.

EDIT: The popularity system has been already done, so has the banking system. agentalexandre12 is working on a dual screen script now, and I'm trying to complete the hygene system, so I acctually might be able to prove you wrong :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It is hard...but with Ruby scripting nothing is impossible, and that has been proven by many people. I plan to accomplish everything that I mention and my game will have all the functions. Personally the only problem to overcome is time. This all can be done, it is just going to take huge amounts of time. I hope this game will be a success and I'm quite satisfied with the amount of work we have done, and there are only three of us working on this.

EDIT: The popularity system has been already done, so has the banking system. agentalexandre12 is working on a dual screen script now, and I'm trying to complete the hygene system, so I acctually might be able to prove you wrong :P
Oh no dout you've done some excellent work but i just thought you might find the work very over-whelming once you progress.
But if you feel you can do it, power to you! Impressive you 3 must be working very hard in that case!:classic:

Edit:
Awsome! Good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back