• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
Hey everyone! I'm looking to get back into Rom Hacks and Fan Games as I don't think I've actually completed any (the furthest I've gone in 1 has been up to the 3rd gym). Would anyone have any suggestions as to ROM Hacks and Fan Games (RMXP games) with an interesting story, more features from later generations, and other qualities many Rom hacks and fan games have? Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
Suggestions for good rom hacks

I wanna play a really cool rom hack, ive already played clay and i broke it so i unfortunatly had to restart it but im working on getting back to where i was. I enjoy playing 2-3 different pokemon games so if i get bored of one ill get on the other. Please reply with good rom hacks. Thank you :)

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
Hi, it has been some time since I last visited this site.
I'm looking for a fire red 1gen (hack) game. With fast (faster) progression/leveling.
Any recommandations?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Rom Hack Title

Does anyone know the title of a rom hack wherein the next pokemon of enemy trainer is not shown?

Its like, "Ace trainer John is about to use something..." instead of "Ace trainer john sent out Pikachu"

Thanks! :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
I cant believe that there hasnt been a atempt to make a fan game of the fanfic traveler or some of the other amazing fanfics.
I now it isnt as easy as it sounds, their being a lot of content in text you cant transfer to a visuel game, but the plot, charecters, lines and much else is still their

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2018
Hello everyone, could anyone please let me know of some difficult pokemon gb, gbc or gba rom hacks please? i have completed Blue/Crystal kaizo and i am around 80% through emerald kaizo, i have completed the dark rising kaizo too and have also completed blue/crystal kaizo randomised aswell... just really looking for a good intuitive challenge.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 6, 2018
is there any pokemon game with a lot of starters with randomizers,
let's say like below 20 starters to choose from ( and if can i want the randomized pokemon to be visible)

Thank youu

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018
Pokemon XY IN Ds Format

As my title says did anyone put Pokemon generation 6 in nds format

Years
  • Age 22
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 2, 2020
Suggestions!

Hey there! I'm new to the community and although I've played a bunch of rom hacks and fan games in my time, I'm currently looking for new ones! I'll attempt to list the ones I've made, but feel free to give me suggestions!

If you've got your own game to suggest, why don't you?

List of games I've played:
  • Dark Rising (Currently playing)
  • Ash Gray
  • Red Chapter
  • Sweet (Will play soon)
There's probably more, but I'm pretty forgetful! :laugh-squinted:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I got a great idea for a Pokémon game but the problem is, I don't know how to model or code. It would be called Pokémon Survival you would start in kanto before any buildings where built and you got to survive with Pokémon if you want to make this just message me and i will let you have my idea

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Mar 27, 2018
First Time Fan Gamer - Looking For Suggestion

My 11 year old wants to do a Let's Play for a Pokemon fan game on our Pokemon channel. This will be the first fan game he's played. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something fairly short and not too difficult.

We have a pretty small channel, so barring some sort of miracle, there's very little hope that the creator gets much of a bump from our promotion. Thanks!

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Whats the best fan game to play?

For some reason Im just really interested In playing a good fan game.

Preferably one thats finished, if not atleast 8 gyms of progress. As little fakemon as possible.

since the best game is subjective, I just wanna know what you believe to be the best availible now.

I'll probably try the ones mentioned the most or something.

I really appreciate the help!

Years
A good challenging hack of 1st generation?

Hi there, I'm looking for a really good experience replaying 1st generation in Fire Red and because there are a LOT of hacks around here and I didn't find what I'm looking for I come here to ask.

Basically I'd like to replay 1st generation with:

- Only 151
- More challenging game (best teams of leaders and trainers and so on)
- Please completed version. I don't want to spend my time and then won't be able to finish the game
- If it's possible rematches with leaders
- Great post game it'd be nice too

So that's it, and yes I'm really nostalgic and want to feel again the hard work of becoming the best trainer in the world!

Last edited:
Back