• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm also totally fine with her returning in gen 8 and with Gary joining them with the reason that he has to do research on new pokémons.

Gary as a travel companion for Ash? Eh I don't know about that. Im inclined to push for two to three Female companions traveling with Ash(say Serena(Amourshipping reasons), Iris(despite her being botched in Black and White, Iris is really an underrated character and can keep Ash in check) and Mallow(she opts to travel with Ash to become a far better cook. Her brother returns home so she can go on a journey).

I know Iris popularity isn't the best so if I had to limit it to two, she'd be the odd one out. A journey with Ash, Mallow and Serena would be interesting though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Gary as a travel companion for Ash? Eh I don't know about that. Im inclined to push for two to three Female companions traveling with Ash(say Serena(Amourshipping reasons), Iris(despite her being botched in Black and White, Iris is really an underrated character and can keep Ash in check) and Mallow(she opts to travel with Ash to become a far better cook. Her brother returns home so she can go on a journey).

I know Iris popularity isn't the best so if I had to limit it to two, she'd be the odd one out. A journey with Ash, Mallow and Serena would be interesting though.
Well I just got the idea that Gary traveling with Ash from that "leak" that also has Serena traveling with and I thought why not give Gary a chance lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I could actually see a Serena, Lillie and Brock team with Ash.
I don't mind Brock but its just he already travelled with Ash for 4 generations,more than 600 episodes. Clemont would be nice to return since he has Clembot to run his gym.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
I don't mind Brock but its just he already travelled with Ash for 4 generations,more than 600 episodes. Clemont would be nice to return since he has Clembot to run his gym.

Clemont could also work but Bonnie would also be a must in that case. While Brock was around a while, he still has a proper goal that I wanted to see happen.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Clemont could also work but Bonnie would also be a must in that case. While Brock was around a while, he still has a proper goal that I wanted to see happen.

Bonnie can still burn her brother and Ash so she's good. Lol

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I could actually see a Serena, Lillie and Brock team with Ash.

Figure I would quote both of you... see my response below.

Bonnie can still burn her brother and Ash so she's good. Lol

Yet by having Clemont and Bonnie(whom you swap in for Brock) you run the risk of falling into the same trap that Sun and Moon has fallen into: Too many characters from which one or two get left behind in favor of Ash and whomever is the main "Female" lead that particular day. Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie AND then Lillie? Seems to be one too many no and who would be the main female lead? Serena or Lillie?

If you're going to bring back old characters for a group, you have to have the quasi-leader or the mature one. For much of the Anime, that was Brock despite his Casanova mindset. Over time, and this was quite noticeable in Diamond and Pearl, Ash grew into a more capable trainer and frankly a Leader to which Brock was no longer needed(and the fact he had been on the series for 12 seasons and roughly 600 Episodes(that's a lot)). So while Ash filled in the role as the mature leader in XY, Brock also served the role as group chef/cook. That's where Clemont came in and essentially was his role outside of being one of the obstacles for Ash and Comedy relief(be it Science, Wife gag or Chespin). Same deal for Cilan in Black and White by the way, although Cilan was definitely the mature one with Ash regressing the way he did.

That's why if a character was to return in Generation 8 in any long term capacity, it would be Mallow in my book. She instantly fills the role of Chef for the group, can fend for herself if need be and is a natural leader(plus she can be an asset for Serena when it comes to taking things to the next level with Ash(Bonnie, despite being wise beyond her years, can't quite give the same perspective as someone who is much older like Mallow)). Then you add in Ash and Serena to make a traditional 3 character group with the unique aspect that two are Female.

Ash would be heading to a new region to challenge Gyms and the League(yet again). Serena would be joining him to pursue battling the regional Gyms like him(aka Female Lead going the same route as you would in the games(a refreshing change may I add). Plus adding in Amourshipping into the mix with a Female rival who takes a liking to Ash much like Miette and Macy) and Mallow would be traveling around the world exploring the various flavors, recipes and dishes the world has to offer. How else can you make your Family's Restaurant world renowned if you can't develop your cooking knowledge beyond just Alola recipes. The only reason I bring Mallow up is because of her Brother(he's doing that very same thing right now).

So to conclude, my ideal Generation 8 group(if its even possible) would be Ash, Serena and Mallow. You get the Amourshipping flavor that fans loved, Serena taking on a far bigger challenge than any Female Protagonist has undertaken to date and Mallow filling in the role as quasi-leader and group cook/chef. You could add a 4th but there would have to be a darn good reason for doing so.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Figure I would quote both of you... see my response below.

Yet by having Clemont and Bonnie(whom you swap in for Brock) you run the risk of falling into the same trap that Sun and Moon has fallen into: Too many characters from which one or two get left behind in favor of Ash and whomever is the main "Female" lead that particular day. Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie AND then Lillie? Seems to be one too many no and who would be the main female lead? Serena or Lillie?

If you're going to bring back old characters for a group, you have to have the quasi-leader or the mature one. For much of the Anime, that was Brock despite his Casanova mindset. Over time, and this was quite noticeable in Diamond and Pearl, Ash grew into a more capable trainer and frankly a Leader to which Brock was no longer needed(and the fact he had been on the series for 12 seasons and roughly 600 Episodes(that's a lot)). So while Ash filled in the role as the mature leader in XY, Brock also served the role as group chef/cook. That's where Clemont came in and essentially was his role outside of being one of the obstacles for Ash and Comedy relief(be it Science, Wife gag or Chespin). Same deal for Cilan in Black and White by the way, although Cilan was definitely the mature one with Ash regressing the way he did.

That's why if a character was to return in Generation 8 in any long term capacity, it would be Mallow in my book. She instantly fills the role of Chef for the group, can fend for herself if need be and is a natural leader(plus she can be an asset for Serena when it comes to taking things to the next level with Ash(Bonnie, despite being wise beyond her years, can't quite give the same perspective as someone who is much older like Mallow)). Then you add in Ash and Serena to make a traditional 3 character group with the unique aspect that two are Female.

Ash would be heading to a new region to challenge Gyms and the League(yet again). Serena would be joining him to pursue battling the regional Gyms like him(aka Female Lead going the same route as you would in the games(a refreshing change may I add). Plus adding in Amourshipping into the mix with a Female rival who takes a liking to Ash much like Miette and Macy) and Mallow would be traveling around the world exploring the various flavors, recipes and dishes the world has to offer. How else can you make your Family's Restaurant world renowned if you can't develop your cooking knowledge beyond just Alola recipes. The only reason I bring Mallow up is because of her Brother(he's doing that very same thing right now).

So to conclude, my ideal Generation 8 group(if its even possible) would be Ash, Serena and Mallow. You get the Amourshipping flavor that fans loved, Serena taking on a far bigger challenge than any Female Protagonist has undertaken to date and Mallow filling in the role as quasi-leader and group cook/chef. You could add a 4th but there would have to be a darn good reason for doing so.
You have a point, since season 1 they have been making that group trend so I bet theyll return to that in Gen 8 since the current generation has too many characters but the argument with that is Ash isnt current traveling now.

Now for the 4th member in the next generation whether they return to normal traveling and if Mallow comes along, Gary can use the excuse of he wants to do research on new pokemons.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
My reasons for crossing out Mallow was based on the dynamics shown in SM so far, I can see Lillie being the only one who isn't tied down to the island. Mallow cares too much about the restaurant and her dad to leave, Kiawe is similar and well Lana will never leave her sisters and the chubby one is just a big no to me. In relation to companion dynamic, assuming that by then Lillie can totally touch any Pokemon and decided to become a trainer like Ash, she'd be a good character to explore more and I can see her leaving Alola after SM ends. With respect to Brock and Serena, I would enjoy having a fully mature cast bar maybe Lillie who'd be learning from the three of them. Plus I feel that Lillie would learn a lot from Serena and they'd have a good friendship as well. Plus out of all past and current characters, I feel these need to most on screen growth in my eyes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My reasons for crossing out Mallow was based on the dynamics shown in SM so far, I can see Lillie being the only one who isn't tied down to the island. Mallow cares too much about the restaurant and her dad to leave, Kiawe is similar and well Lana will never leave her sisters and the chubby one is just a big no to me. In relation to companion dynamic, assuming that by then Lillie can totally touch any Pokemon and decided to become a trainer like Ash, she'd be a good character to explore more and I can see her leaving Alola after SM ends. With respect to Brock and Serena, I would enjoy having a fully mature cast bar maybe Lillie who'd be learning from the three of them. Plus I feel that Lillie would learn a lot from Serena and they'd have a good friendship as well. Plus out of all past and current characters, I feel these need to most on screen growth in my eyes.

Just like Misty is tied to her Gym thanks to her Sisters, Mallow is tied to her family restaurant thanks to her Parents. Just as Misty can easily break free if her siblings step up to the plate, Mallow can break free from the Restaurant thanks to a sibling as well(her Brother). If her Brother returns home, he can take her place inside the Restaurant. This would give her more time to pursue other things, such as going on a journey or becoming a Trial Captain/Gym Leader.

Lillie is a possibility and perhaps both Lillie AND Mallow could join Ash and Serena(hah 4 person group with Ash as a lone Male.... Brock would be so jealous). There are just two issues with Lillie being in the group. 1) We have no idea what the outcome of the Aether/Ultra Beast arc will have on Lillie. In the games she goes to Kanto to try and help her Mother. Will they follow that premise in the Anime or go off the beaten path like they've done all along so far in the Anime. 2) Serena and Lillie would vie for the main Female Lead. Mallow has been shoved into the background as a support character so far in Sun and Moon(a travesty in my eyes as I just liked the type of character she happened to be), hence you'd have two Alpha Females vying for screen time. Also Lillie may not seem like an Alpha Female but trust me her character is one(writers just haven't turned her into one yet).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Just like Misty is tied to her Gym thanks to her Sisters, Mallow is tied to her family restaurant thanks to her Parents. Just as Misty can easily break free if her siblings step up to the plate, Mallow can break free from the Restaurant thanks to a sibling as well(her Brother). If her Brother returns home, he can take her place inside the Restaurant. This would give her more time to pursue other things, such as going on a journey or becoming a Trial Captain/Gym Leader.

Lillie is a possibility and perhaps both Lillie AND Mallow could join Ash and Serena(hah 4 person group with Ash as a lone Male.... Brock would be so jealous). There are just two issues with Lillie being in the group. 1) We have no idea what the outcome of the Aether/Ultra Beast arc will have on Lillie. In the games she goes to Kanto to try and help her Mother. Will they follow that premise in the Anime or go off the beaten path like they've done all along so far in the Anime. 2) Serena and Lillie would vie for the main Female Lead. Mallow has been shoved into the background as a support character so far in Sun and Moon(a travesty in my eyes as I just liked the type of character she happened to be), hence you'd have two Alpha Females vying for screen time. Also Lillie may not seem like an Alpha Female but trust me her character is one(writers just haven't turned her into one yet).

Lillie is from Kanto? Uh oh.. And I think Lillie also gave Ash an egg? Correct me if im wrong.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017

I'd be all for Mallow traveling with Ash but wrt Misty, she actually didn't want to really be there whereas Mallow loves her restaurant and her dad. In her episode, it made it clear that she also feels the need to be there for him etc which is why I don't feel it'll happen.
I would like that four person team you're suggesting and I do believe Lillie's arc is totally going to change her (she should remember her past etc and grow from it). I do believe she'd save her mother in the anime though with Ash's help (she won't get the Lysander ending). If we were lucky to get Serena and Lillie as two female companions, I could see them sharing the lead (even having a lot of episodes showing both their growth).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Lillie is from Kanto? Uh oh.. And I think Lillie also gave Ash an egg? Correct me if im wrong.

Lillie isn?t from Kanto but she travels to Kanto to try and find a solution to a problem involving her mother. I don?t own Sun and Moon so I?m basing this off what I?ve read about the game. Whether they follow that in the Anime remains to be seen. If they did, it might leave the door open for Lillie to join Ash in a future series. As far as Lillie giving Ash an egg, that hasn?t happened in Sun and Moon anime(and I don?t believe it occurs in the game, regardless if you?re Sun or Moon). Lillie gets an egg as part of a class project in which it hatches into a Rokon(aka Vulpix). She nicknamed the Egg Shiron(aka Snowy or Snowball) and the nickname stuck after it hatched into an Alola Vulpix.

@Rajas: Good point about Mallow. She really likes her family restaurant and would feel guilty leaving him(her Father) to fend for himself(which is kind of sad as he?s a grown man who can hire help but I suppose this isn?t realistic lol). However, you kind of ignored the Skeleton key I introduced for her escape: her brother. Her brother could pick up the slack to where she won?t feel as guilty leaving her family behind, allowing her to travel around just like her Brother did(hence leaving the door open for Traveling with Ash). I honestly feel that if Mallow traveled with Serena and Ash that she would be a huge help to Amourshipping.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
@Rajas: Good point about Mallow. She really likes her family restaurant and would feel guilty leaving him(her Father) to fend for himself(which is kind of sad as he?s a grown man who can hire help but I suppose this isn?t realistic lol). However, you kind of ignored the Skeleton key I introduced for her escape: her brother. Her brother could pick up the slack to where she won?t feel as guilty leaving her family behind, allowing her to travel around just like her Brother did(hence leaving the door open for Traveling with Ash). I honestly feel that if Mallow traveled with Serena and Ash that she would be a huge help to Amourshipping.

Yeah there is the possibility of her brother but that's if they ever introduce him. I do agree Mallow may help with amourshipping though as she is that type of girl. As I said, I'd love the dynamic made possible by it but the writers are being held back from their true potential imo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
I say that Ash x Lillie x Lusamine a good ship. :D

Yeah, this recent episode had some good moments for them

c27047ad0e1da8e8f031e2f46cfc8f40.gif

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Assuming romantic, incest ships are never a good thing.

Platonic is fine, but most if not all ships imply see form of romance.

That ship was more of a joke than anything. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
Right, u know how everyone thinks James of team rocket (personally my favourite character) is gay. Well I do toatally agree with that. Especially through his comments like I am a flaming moltres! To which Jessie asks where did he get that costume and meowth replies I think it came right out of his closet. Anyway moving on, everyone forgets the episode the ghost at maidens peak, where James and brock show a large amount of interest♥ in the ghost. So tell me what u think of this and if anyone else has thought this because I think that I am basically the only person that noticed this and am interested to see if santons else remembers this episode from alll the way back in indigo league.:4: here is a random cyndaquil cos they r just so freaking cute!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Right, u know how everyone thinks James of team rocket (personally my favourite character) is gay.

Is he tho? I know the dub portrays him as an effeminate man... But that's far cry from his depiction in the Jap dub. As he's portrayed as the stereotypical Bishounen (Beautiful boy), Oji (Prince) He even has the flowers and roses and everything. In one continuity he also ends up marrying Musashi/Jessie.

I won't argue that the dub James does seem a little... gay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back