• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
I say that Ash x Lillie x Lusamine a good ship. :D
ooooookay..... trying to get that mental image out of my head lusamine is lilies mum for arceus's sake! Like I mean that's almost as gross as one ship can't remember the name but it puts Gary and prof oak together. :t055:

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
k thanks , but i mean who even comes up with these ships it is so mucked up and is just like.... also gary is underage. he is like ten. oak is like...70. Ship maker: Hmmmm. waht should be our next ship? Oh Prof. Oak and Gary. Theres only a 60 year age gap should be tottaly fine yeah.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Um...I don't have anything really intelligent to say on the subject, but I've liked Appealshipping (Dawn x Zoey) since I was just a kid watching the show, and would like to see if there are any other fans of it on here. ^_^

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Yeah they are XD

In the Electric tale of Pikachu, a separate story/continuity manga the two of them end up marrying each other in the end.

When I watched Pokemon all those years ago when it first started, I always pictured those two(Jesse&James) as a couple. Particularly when they dived into their past(most notably James where he was betrothed to another woman by his parents), it only made their partnership that much more meaningful to where you almost forgot they were antagonists.

At least their shipping has a shot due to them being much older than our main protagonists.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Okay, I'm really really late on this one, but I recently started watching XY after being away from the anime for a long time (it's so pure and such a good anxiety soother, aaaa)...I just got to that episode, where Ash remembers Serena and there's the flashback to camp. It was honestly more endearing to me than I was expecting :D

I mean, when little Serena was lost in the woods and panicking, then hurt her leg and started crying for her mother and regretting going to camp...I just could really put myself in her shoes. :( I can see why Ash stuck in her memory so much, showing up in such a bleak (to a kid) situation and not only helping with her injury, but acting as her companion and helping her calm down. Then later in the episode, she helps him out with the Rhyhorn thing...I think they make an excellent team. :3 (Also, wow! Serena really held onto that handkerchief for a long time. :O XD)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Okay, I'm really really late on this one, but I recently started watching XY after being away from the anime for a long time (it's so pure and such a good anxiety soother, aaaa)...I just got to that episode, where Ash remembers Serena and there's the flashback to camp. It was honestly more endearing to me than I was expecting :D

I mean, when little Serena was lost in the woods and panicking, then hurt her leg and started crying for her mother and regretting going to camp...I just could really put myself in her shoes. :( I can see why Ash stuck in her memory so much, showing up in such a bleak (to a kid) situation and not only helping with her injury, but acting as her companion and helping her calm down. Then later in the episode, she helps him out with the Rhyhorn thing...I think they make an excellent team. :3 (Also, wow! Serena really held onto that handkerchief for a long time. :O XD)

You haven't seen anything yet involving those two. Ryhorn race in Episode 7 was just the beginning. I'll give you a list of Episodes to watch. Not all are mandatory but they all have their own Amourshipping quirks.

Episode 13 with Ash battling a Fairy type for the first time(Sylveon ironically enough) where Serena gets concerned that Ash might be "taken away"
Episode 21 involving Pokevision
Episode 26 where Miette is introduced
Episode 31 wherein Serena gets a sentimental photo of the group(particularly because she's close to Ash)
Episode 37(Cave of Mirrors)
Pokemon Summer Camp Mini-Arc(39 through 42)
Episode 53(Serena vs. her mother wherein Ash helps motivate her to win)
Episode 59(Self-explanatory)
Episode 60(particularly the end)
Episode 73(more so because it introduces Sawyer and has one of my favorite scenes in it)
Episode 78(optional filler but its a Pikachu movie...)
Episode 80(Miette again with an infamous Bonnie scene)
Episode 89(Eevee for the win!)
Episode 90(Shauna and an infamous Amourshipping scene)
Episode 105(XYZ 12 and of all Amourshipping Episodes, this is #2 by far)
Episode 109(XYZ 16 Serena's Final Key)
Episode 112/113(XYZ 19/20. Master Class Episodes)
Episode 115( XYZ 22, Mrs. Serena Ketchum by alot of Amourshippers)
Episode 120/121/122(XYZ 27/28/29, Snowballs be flying, true feelings come to surface)
Episode 138(XYZ 45, last battle with Ash)
Episode 140(XYZ 47, infamous #1 Amourshipping Episode)

Also Episodes 14, 29, 47, 50, 64, 72, 83, 85, 91, 95(XYZ 2) and 101(XYZ 8) are optional but have good Serena moments. Strongly recommend you give XY&XYZ a solid chance. It takes awhile to get going(particularly with regards to Serena) but it quickly makes up for it from say Episode 80 onward. Not to say the Episodes prior to it are trash(they're not) but plot-wise with regards to Serena, it speeds up considerably as her performer arc is done by Episode 113(or a span of 34 Episodes if you include Episode 80).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
6th generation is still the best anime so far

For shipping? Eh I suppose there are numerous Amourshipping moments but other series have good moments for respective shippings. Penguinshipping in DP has a few good Episodes while Pokeshipping has several memorable Episodes. To say XY is the best series simply because of Amourshipping is not taking into account its rather obvious flaws.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
What episodes do you mean?
Please could you explain?

Well my point was largely influenced by Japanese dub due to what music is played during their interactions(which can be completrly different in the English dub). A few good ones:

DP26 Getting the Pre-Contest Titters. First Kenny Episode(Dawn flirts with him on purpose to try and psych him out but it's still cute from a shipping perspective). Kenny brings up a lot of embarrassing moments from Dawn's childhood
DP59 Journey to the Unown. Kenny tries to put on a brave face to impress Dawn but only makes a fool of himself. Fortunately only Ash knows about his cowardice and keeps it a secret from Dawn.
DP121 Old Rivals, New Tricks. Kenny tells Dawn that she is his goal(Anyone get a XYZ47 feel from this?)
DP178 Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port. Kenny challenges Ash with the condition that if he wins that Dawn join him on a journey. Kenny wins but Dawn ultimately turns him down(but admits he was "handsome" or cute when taking Ash down a peg)

Add in Sinnoh Grand Festival(despite the fact Kenny got eliminated in Appeal round).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
omg i never realized Orangeshipping was a thing. It is so cute O:

3082303499_1_11_KltKXw7B.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
omg i never realized Orangeshipping was a thing. It is so cute O:

3082303499_1_11_KltKXw7B.png

Yeah that shipping is why I don't fully support Pokeshipping as much as I do Amourshipping. The fact she has a baby Azurill where one of its parents is Tracey's Marill... yeah it's a chink in the Pokeshipping Armor.

Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Well my point was largely influenced by Japanese dub due to what music is played during their interactions(which can be completrly different in the English dub). A few good ones:

DP26 Getting the Pre-Contest Titters. First Kenny Episode(Dawn flirts with him on purpose to try and psych him out but it's still cute from a shipping perspective). Kenny brings up a lot of embarrassing moments from Dawn's childhood
DP59 Journey to the Unown. Kenny tries to put on a brave face to impress Dawn but only makes a fool of himself. Fortunately only Ash knows about his cowardice and keeps it a secret from Dawn.
DP121 Old Rivals, New Tricks. Kenny tells Dawn that she is his goal(Anyone get a XYZ47 feel from this?)
DP178 Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port. Kenny challenges Ash with the condition that if he wins that Dawn join him on a journey. Kenny wins but Dawn ultimately turns him down(but admits he was "handsome" or cute when taking Ash down a peg)

Add in Sinnoh Grand Festival(despite the fact Kenny got eliminated in Appeal round).

Thanks for the reply.
But how is Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port a hint?
If anything it ends Penguinshipping, since Dawn rejects Kenny and chooses Ash over him.
Also Dawn never called Kenny 'handsome,' that was only in the non cannon, English dub, in the orginal Japanese sub, she used the word 'cool'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back