• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Nobelium Official Thread [Download Available]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023

7MkvUfM.png

WELCOME

Hello, my name is JokerBen. I was a member here a lot of years ago and fairly involved in the game development community here at PC. My old account can be found here. I recently became active again because I felt like I had something here that I started but never finished. I had a story for a Pokémon game and wanted to develop it and I did just that in 2013. I created "Adventures in Aloma". Though the tag reads "Complete", this game was far from it. The plot had holes, the graphics were sketchy, and it was buggy. After a couple years of sitting out from any sort of game development, I decided during the Summer that I would try to remake this game into a much better version with a more dynamic plot, beautiful graphics, and an overall appeal that cannot be denied. I oddly considered this project to be personal redemption from the previous failure of the project.

Yes, Pokémon Nobelium is an RMXP remake of Adventures in Aloma, though nearly everything has underwent a complete re-haul, with the exception of the absolute core story (and character names). It has a "teen" sort of mood to it, kind of bringing out some possible realistic aspects of a Pokémon game while maintaining the element of fantasy. The game doesn't have any inappropriate or "un-Pokémon" events in it. The game is just a little bit more intense than what you would normally find in Game Freak's games. It was a lot of fun designing this game and being able to experiment with the themes and tones I could use since my likely audience would probably be older.​

TRAILER

Here is a trailer for Pokémon Nobelium. It has footage of gameplay and a general look at the story without spoilers.

https://youtu.be/-atJbbfJwx0

THE ALOMA REGION

Geography:
Due to it's territorial extent over a large amount of land, Aloma is divided into two parts, Upper and Lower Aloma. Lower Aloma has the reputation of a mountainous and rough terrain, whereas Upper Aloma is favorable because of its relative flatness.
GAqYaPa1Sa2ttrgYTZOLhw.png

Pokémon:
A variety of Pokémon have migrated from several other regions to make their habitat in Aloma. Depending on the type of Pokémon, their home may be in Upper or Lower Aloma. There are also a small amount of powerful Pokémon that are suspected to roam all over Aloma.
fVXeEwg.png

The Pokémon League:
Aloma's Pokémon League governs all parts of Aloma kindly. Citizens are free to do what they wish, so long as it is not harmful to other people. People sometimes criticize Aloma's government for being too lenient. Many of Aloma's major cities have a Gym Leader that see over their areas and also take challenges from trainers who desire to test their strength. Aloma has sixteen Gym Leaders total for Upper and Lower Aloma.
5sr2zxM.png

THE STORY

The Origin:
You live with your mother in the small quiet town of Waterloo. Your father, a famous and powerful trainer, went missing after going on an international expedition. With the help of Professor Bartek, you continue your family's legacy and begin a quest in Aloma to develop the skills of a Pokémon trainer.
Jed059c.png

The Journey:
Departing Waterloo with your best friends, Leon and Tsu, you will embark on a journey around Aloma. You will encounter different types and species of Pokémon and face a variety of strong Gym Leaders. Along your travels, you will witness first-hand some dark sides that plague Aloma and the controversies created by the Aloma League, all while you, Leon, and Tsu compete with each other.
u9L5kKe.png

The Significance:
As a player, you will find yourself buried in mysteries as you progress on your adventure. Some examples of that being an unexpected redemption arc for a franchise-favorite character and aiding Aloma officials in an investigation into the elusive Team Venom.
QMX7WSR.png

SCREENSHOTS

XUsQqr4.png

JaGCifd.png

tHMGC0J.png

46WPiDd.png

jLGpePe.png

FEATURES

Pokémon Nobelium is a host of many features, both fan-favorites from the Pokémon franchise as well as original features.
  • RichTech - A device that the player may use to access the town map, monitor Pokémon in the Day Care, and more
  • The Aloma Region - Explore and discover beautiful maps in the extensive region
  • Pokémon World Tournament - Battle famous trainers from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and more
  • Custom PokéDex - There are a variety of amazing Pokémon to be caught
  • Reasonable Level Curve - Don't waste so many hours grinding your team
  • Elaborate Plot - Enjoy the complexity of this game's surprising story and all the twists it has to offer
  • Legendary/Mythical Encounters - Discover an assortment of rare Pokémon
7G4kLtQ.png

PROGRESS

Here is a general look at how certain aspects of the game are progressing.

[progress=100]Maps[/progress]
[progress=100]Pokémon Encounters[/progress]
[progress=100]Trainer Battles[/progress]
[progress=100]Gym Battles[/progress]
[progress=100]Non-story related events[/progress]
[progress=100]Story related events[/progress]
[progress=100]System/Scripts[/progress]

DOWNLOADS

Ah, the section that everyone is waiting for. Hopefully you've got a good feel on what to expect (without spoilers!). I will leave links to significant older versions of the game in here as well. Use outdated versions at your own risk; as I will not provide error or glitch support for them. For best experiences, please always use the latest version. If you're interested in differences between versions, I will always add a brief change-log with noticeable updates listed. All downloads will be on Mediafire.

Download Pokémon Nobelium v1.7!

FINAL NOTES

Credits:
I would like to give credit and extend my deepest thanks to the people listed below. This game wouldn't have been possible without them!
Developer: JokerBen
Story By: JokerBen, Azulite (Andy)
Graphic Contributions: WeslyFG, tebited15, JIKARORIGINAL, LukaSJ, Mademoiselle--Serena, pocketmonster98, flamejow, blckwh, varosaifuru, oceanslugiaspirit, gnomowladny, ultimospriter, mastokid, lime_tictac, nagoyamonkey_smg, wolfofvalor1, melodycrystel, echo-d, x_5_4_5_2
Script Contributions: shiney570, Nickalooose, Erassus, Luka S.J.
Audio Contributions: GameFreak, Pokeli/Mixeli, Luigigigas, ElectricMudkipBliitzit, João Carlos Soto Riva, XTProductions, PokemonSoundfontStudios, nothesmartest, lockerz102, Lala19357, Orpheus, Hnturs12, Geothern1683, Oldclov

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by: Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.)
"Pokémon Essentials" is managed by: Maruno
"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game. No copyright infringements intended. Please support the official games!​

If there is a mistake within the credits or a creator is not listed, please inform me and I will fix it ASAP!

I welcome any kinds of feedback! Criticism, praise, suggestions, bug reports... Whatever it is, I'm happy to hear it. Please do consider that I did put a lot of hours into this game and gave it my all. When replying, remember ELE (Everybody love everybody).

Warnings:
As always, there are some things to keep in mind. I would avoid snooping around in the Audio folder, as there are some track names that contain spoilers. I get it! The soundtrack is great but don't go pulling the files out of the audio folder until you've completed the game. Resources found in this game may not be re-used unless myself or the content's creators consent to the actions. The only official download links for the game are in this thread.

Closing:
I sincerely hope you enjoy playing Pokémon Nobelium as much as I enjoyed crafting it and bringing it to you. This is definitely a milestone for me. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, I am very happy to address them. To avoid giving newcomers any spoilers, please indicate whether you are talking about the plot or not in replies. I look forward to discussing the game with you.

UPDATE 5/30/19: I am suspending all support for this project indefinitely due to my pursuit of other endeavors. However, the game is fully playable despite some minor bugs. I may pop in every once in awhile to check on things and offer some basic support. Thank you guys for everything. I really appreciate the support.

Last edited:

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
If you ever need some help with mapping, Im able to help you~
Thanks for the offer!

--

After much delay, I got all my ducks in a row and made a download available. I do apologize for the amount of time that took for anyone interested. Please enjoy the game!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
hi! the game looks great 2 quick question how long is this "demo"? or is it the full game? and is there any plans for the mega evos?

Years
Every time I try to catch a wild Pokemon, an error message shows up, the pokemon doesn't appear in my party or PC, but the Pokedex page is still registered.

This is the Error Message:

Exception: NoMethodError
PScreen_Pokedex:667:in `pbChangeToDexEntry_ebs'
EBS_Bitmap:464:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
PScreen_Pokedex:747:in `pbStartDexEntryScene'
PScreen_Pokedex:1109:in `pbDexEntry'
PokeBattle_Scene:2824:in `pbShowPokedex_ebs'
PokeBattle_Scene:2821:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_Scene:2821:in `pbShowPokedex_ebs'
EBS_Scene:1762:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Battle:158:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'
EBS_Battle:420:in `pbThrowPokeBall'

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
hi! the game looks great 2 quick question how long is this "demo"? or is it the full game? and is there any plans for the mega evos?
The game is released in full. Mega evolutions appear and are available during the second half of the game.

Every time I try to catch a wild Pokemon, an error message shows up, the pokemon doesn't appear in my party or PC, but the Pokedex page is still registered.

That's not good. It's never happened to me, but I'll look into it immediately.

Last edited:

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023

It took a few hours, but I fixed the issue. Please download v1.1 in the download section. Keep your save where it was so you don't lose progress. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Whenever one of my pokemon evolves this error message comes

Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/EBS/ray

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Whenever one of my pokemon evolves this error message comes

Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/EBS/ray
Please use this update. Be sure to keep your save file. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience!

Is there any Gen. 6 Pokemon in the game?
There are Gen. 6 Pok?mon. Unfortunately, I had to integrate their XY sprites in with the normal Gen 5. sprites because there were no decent Gen. 5 versions of the Gen. 6 Pok?mon.

Hi!
I've been playing your game, and it's really good!
There's an issue where you cant catch Pokemon due to a pokedex error.
Please help?
I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying it. Please use this update. Be sure to keep your save file. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience!

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I love the theme for Carson Meadows! With that, I wanted to know if I could use it for a project that I'm working on.
Go ahead, just make sure to cite "JokerBen" or "Pokemon Nobelium" in the credits. I'm glad you like it :)

hey is the update mandatory? or should i just download it if i get an error?
I would definitely get it. Without it, catching Pokemon and evolution do not work whatsoever. If you grind out your starter and beat the game with only that I'll be impressed ;).

But yes, definitely get the update.

Years
Go ahead, just make sure to cite "JokerBen" or "Pokemon Nobelium" in the credits. I'm glad you like it :)

I would definitely get it. Without it, catching Pokemon and evolution do not work whatsoever. If you grind out your starter and beat the game with only that I'll be impressed ;).

But yes, definitely get the update.

I got all the way up to where you battle the rival on route 5 with just a Combusken. {XD}

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Now I get this error message when my torchick try's to evolve

---------------------------
Pokemon Nobelium
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 12, map 48 (Route 2):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section048:394:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/EBS/ray

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::SCHOOLGIRL,"Brooke",_I("I wish my portfolio had wins..."),false,0,false,0)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

EliteBattle_Scene:2201:in `pbStartScreen'

EliteBattle_Scene:2199:in `each'

EliteBattle_Scene:2199:in `pbStartScreen'

PField_Field:1037:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1030:in `each'

PField_Field:1030:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1157

PField_Field:1152:in `call'

Event:54:in `trigger'

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Now I get this error message when my torchick try's to evolve

Pokemon Nobelium
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 12, map 48 (Route 2):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section048:394:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/EBS/ray

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::SCHOOLGIRL,"Brooke",_I("I wish my portfolio had wins..."),false,0,false,0)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

EliteBattle_Scene:2201:in `pbStartScreen'

EliteBattle_Scene:2199:in `each'

EliteBattle_Scene:2199:in `pbStartScreen'

PField_Field:1037:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1030:in `each'

PField_Field:1030:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1157

PField_Field:1152:in `call'

Event:54:in `trigger'

Please download Nobelium v1.2 as that fixes the problem. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back