• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Team X

Years
Pokémon Team X

Hi there, i am Cloud and i am living in germany. I want to introduce you to my custom Pokémon Game and need your advice and critics to develop it even further.
So i will start with a short description what you could expect in this game and at the end i will post some questions and ideas where i need your help.

Introduction
Do you ever think about Team Rocket as a weak organisation and should be alot more stronger and more active?
Your wish could be come true in Pokemon Team X.
So in short you as the protagonist will revive Team Rocket and will recreate it to its former glory.

You will explore a whole new region in the good old looking of FireRed.
The game will be made with the latest Essentials 17.
At this state of developing i need some ideas and critics about my ideas and further gameplay mechanics, so i hope you could help me.

Story
Spoiler:

Starter Pokemon
I am not sure at this part. To remember of the "classic team rocket", specially James and Jessie i have decided to give the player the choice between:
Meowth
Koffing
Ekans

They are not bad Pokémon, but they will have a hard start and the evolutions might not be strong enough to compete with other catchable Pokemon.

Mechanics/Specials/Features

Steal Pokemon in Battle with the new "Rocket Ball". (It will be an upgradeable new type of Pokeball with increasing chance of catching Trainer Pokemon)
Recruit Trainers and special people after you convinced them to join (with force(enough influence or stealing on of their pokemon)
Conquer/Create new bases for your team to expand your member capacity.
You could decide which one of your new members will get the new aquired jobs.(gymleader, marketleader)
Steal/Burglary Quests
Battle against characters of the original Red/Blue Timeline
Meet and recruit old member of the Team Rocket elite
Pokemon will always follow your command
No HM slaves needed
Pokémon catchable until gen six
Overworld sprites indicates the catchable Pokémon
More to come...

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Preview of stealing a Pokémon of a trainer:
youtu.be/HELsAMCjmeU

Developing Questions:
Spoiler:

I will update the thread with more questions and other images so on.
Hope you enjoyed this little presentation and will be eager to here some critics, ideas and wishes that you would like to see in this project.
So long.

Credits:
Pokémon Essentials (Maruno, Flameguru and Peter O. (Poccil))
Game Freak
RPG Maker XP
PokeRemixStudio
Bliitzit
Diverscope
Update with more coming.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
You're missing the people who created Pokémon Essentials itself in your credits, such as Maruno, Flameguru and Peter O. (Poccil). Merely crediting "Pokémon Essentials" isn't enough.

Last edited:
Years
You're missing the people who created Pok?mon Essentials itself in your credits, such as Maruno, Flameguru and Peter O. (Poccil). Merely crediting "Pok?mon Essentials" isn't enough.

Thx for the advice, i added those 3 guys.

full english release for sure

I will try my best.

Little Update:
Roughly started with the second city Wapoli. Its designed to be a farm city with two Mareep farms and the first police headquarter you have to defeat.
The gym leader fights mostly with electric types, especially with mareep and waaty to his background of be a farmer before he get the "job" as an gym leader.

Here is a WIP screen of the new city.
Spoiler:

Hope you will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
Well Its a good concept, as for the rival you could make it a rookie police officer who wants to make it big by bringing down a criminal organisation, that would give him a motive for his actions. maybe another thing that you could add is that you can bribe other police officers. as for your starter line up maybe the pokemon side characters have from team rocket like cassidy and butch have some decent pokemon with them so that could help you out. as for catch rate maybe it would be a better way to either make rocket balls with different tiers starting from pokeball to ultraball or making a system that allows for you to upgrade the rocketballs by having researchers or something creating a way in game. difficulty would be best it the game progressed with your pokemon level like gym leaders will always have a pokemon who's 2-3 levels higher or atleast 1 level lower than you. also for the rocket balls instead of awarding the player a master ball you could use the dark ball from pokemon movie 4. for the ignore order concept you could make it just 75% exp gain else the game would be alot harder to grind some levels from midgame to endgame so maybe with the researchers idea they could find a way to make pokemon lose their memories of their old trainer and giving them fake memories.

Years
Well Its a good concept, as for the rival you could make it a rookie police officer who wants to make it big by bringing down a criminal organisation, that would give him a motive for his actions. maybe another thing that you could add is that you can bribe other police officers. as for your starter line up maybe the pokemon side characters have from team rocket like cassidy and butch have some decent pokemon with them so that could help you out. as for catch rate maybe it would be a better way to either make rocket balls with different tiers starting from pokeball to ultraball or making a system that allows for you to upgrade the rocketballs by having researchers or something creating a way in game. difficulty would be best it the game progressed with your pokemon level like gym leaders will always have a pokemon who's 2-3 levels higher or atleast 1 level lower than you. also for the rocket balls instead of awarding the player a master ball you could use the dark ball from pokemon movie 4. for the ignore order concept you could make it just 75% exp gain else the game would be alot harder to grind some levels from midgame to endgame so maybe with the researchers idea they could find a way to make pokemon lose their memories of their old trainer and giving them fake memories.

Sounds like an good idea. That would suit the story at this moment quite well. The first "mission" after the first gym is to raid the police station in the second city. So there you could fight and meet the Rival for the first time.
I will look into the starter situation. I think i will give the player the choice between 6 different starters. So that you could choose from this "classical" Rocketpokémon and some more playable ones.

I tested a little bit with the exp gain and 75% seems reasonable. 50% feels so unrewarding for a tough fight and the grind in Pokémon is already the most time consuming part.

I like the idea of switching the OT Trainer, but this means that you have to change it manually for each Pokémon in your party. It could be tedious or annoying.

So either the researcher could change the OT or i could create a controll item so they will recognize you. I think the player should have the choice, so he can do both ways.
Also he should be compensated for the exp lost so far. So i think about to raise the exp curve after one of these events to 125%.

Thanks for the advice and the interest.

Update:
I started with the mapping of the inner police station and created alot of new trainers.
There will be alot of double fights in this section because the leader of your faction will walk by your site and aid you. I think its comprehensible that you cant just fight a whole building of police officers alone. Specially at the start of the game. And your mates should not always just sit in the base and let you do all the work alone, dont you think so too?

Another idea that comes to my mind is to give the player an companion. With the possibility of he/she is fighting along or just be a follower that talks to you and heals you from time to time.
Because i like the idea of an trainer that will grow by your side and the player could form a bond with.
How does it sounds to you?

Last edited:
Back