• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dance Champion

Should I add songs without banners or backrounds to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
thanks serpenter. I guarantee it'll be jut like a real ddr game. All my beta testers loved it. The songs are great, the menus and everything is great. You'll feel like your playing a new DDR game.

Update: Just need to finish 9 more songs and I'll be done with the songs. Some songs are marathon cousrses so you wont be able to play from beginner to standard on them. There are about 3 marathon courses. the rest are normal.

Update: There will be 50 Challenge(Expert) Songs. Just to inform all you dance experts. By the way. WARNING THE EXPERT STEPCHARTS IN THIS GAME ARE
GOD COMPARED TO IN THE GROOVE. So you'll have . . . Lets just say quite the challenge.

My final question of the day?

Which Arrows should I use for the game. DDR or In the Groove ones.
Post a comment with an answer because at the moment I am using DDR arrows but I can change them to In the Groove ones. Its your choice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
The biggest update ever!!!! Sorry for the double post but it is extremely important!!!!! And all you wont mind anyway right so.........

I Have completed every single song!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIANLLYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to complete some courses. Try to do some Unlockables. And get a few more characters and I am done. So you'll have the game definatly by Friday.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
dan48 said:
Would anyone like some songs and courses to be unlockables to make the game a little more challenging? I thought it would be a good idea personally but I'll wait for more suggestions on that topic.
I'd suggest Max300, thats really hard! I can only do it on light and standard! haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
EmeraldSky said:
I know what DDR arrows look like, but if someone could post pictures of the two to compare...

The arrows will be the same as DDR just diffrent colors to make it more easier to identify. It wont be as hard with In the Groove Arrows. There is a diffrent arrows color for each section in In the Groove.

Here are some pics of the arrows. You can see the diffrence. I didn't use the exact arrows. I am using the colors. Please dont forget that because in In the Groove there are totally diffrent timings and in this game it'll be the same with both types. Hope this helps.
arrows.jpg

arrows2.jpg

QFred said:
Can't wait until release!!

Will you be able of play with the mouse or keyboard.
Sorry QFred, only the keyboard. I believe though if you have internet play for Xbox you can connect to this game.

If I find instructions for that I'll let you know.

Kasanai Tsumi said:
I'd suggest Max300, thats really hard! I can only do it on light and standard! haha
Trust me, there are songs in this game faster then Max 300 and better. You wont be dissapointed.

Oh, by the way. I've decided to use In The Groove Arrows. If you want though, the arrows could be switched in the options mode so there shouldn't be a problem.

I've also added the beta version of In the Groove 2, the Theme so I hope your satisfied with 3 themes. I could add Ultramix theme if you'd like.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
lol. Thats what I didn't get. You said something about circles. Those are mines. If you keep your foot on the arrow or step on them you take damage to your life meter. Sorry. I didn't understand, I dont blame you since they are a modifier used in In The Groove and some people havent played that game.

In this game. All the modifiers in In The Groove, I am pretty sure will be in the game. Maybe more then In the Groove, but I havent tried out every modifier yet. You'll just have to wait and see on Friday.
Here is a pic of the modifiers screen. There are 3 more sections under it but thats how much they showed, so I took a pic of most of them. Here you go.

untitled35.jpg

Edit!!!
Below are a few screens and a description for each. Enjoy.

Wait until you play this song. Can you take the upgrade to it.
untitled36.jpg

One of my favorites. With a few stops.
untitled34.jpg

Kids in America. A wonderful song that keeps you going.
untitled33.jpg

Picture the original Orion just much faster.
untitled32.jpg

The only song in the game with a video and probably the second fastest!
untitled31.jpg

Great challenging song.
untitled28.jpg

Yellow arrows. Can you defeat this song.
arrows2.jpg

Not the one from DDR MAX 2
arrows.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Update!!! Here is an In The Groove theme. I decided to put it in since it works. I like it most because of the wheel and graphics. I dont like it because it doesn't have extra modes like challenge, BATTLE, etc. . . Well here are the pics.

Main Menu
Player Selection
Song Wheel
Score Screen(Ignore the F I got. It doesn't Count!!!)
Theme10.jpg

Theme11.jpg

Theme13.jpg

Theme12.jpg

Status Report
Songs 100%
Themes 80% (Going to get Ultramix)
Courses 65%
Unlockables 0%(going to try)
Menus 100%
Modes 100%
Characters 100% (going to get some more)

Overall 90% Will be done by Friday or Saturday.

Last edited:

Wulava

Walking towards Johto
Years
WOOOOAAAHHH! You really good at doing this. I'm very glad you came up with this kind of idea. I believe no one... I mean NO ONE did something like this before other than you, I think...

I am... ooops... I mean... We are looking forward to this super astonishing digital magnificent game of yours this weekend. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Thanks I hope you all enjoy it too. The sequel will have many more songs and courses and unlockables, and new themes as well. All I need to do now is find Ultramix and complete the unlockables and I am done. If the game is not complete by Friday you'll definatly, without a dought, I swear to the Lord, will get the game. It is very enjoyable and very difficult too. The expert steps are harder and they go up to 15. You'll have a huge challenge on your hands.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
I have great news in 3 parts. Here they are. 1, I have all the planned themes for the game, and as I promised Ultramix will be in the game as well. 2, The characters are done as well. And there are 30 of them. Hope that is good enough. Now the final peace of news, I got the unlock system to work, I figured out how to do it and I'll be able to put the planned unlockables in the game. Which I am supposed to be doing at the moment. I am still lagging on whether to release it on Friday or Saturday because I want everything to be perfect. Can you blame me. This game will be an executable which means you'll be able to have it as if it were any other dancing game. Their will be a sequel to this game. Which I've already planned to do, with more songs characters, themes and courses. Much more challenging to. Below I have posted the themes again, and the last set of screens are for Ultramix. You can compare them and see which ones you like the most so you can play them in the actual game . . . On Friday or Saturday.

Oh and by the way. In the Groove 2, Extreme, and Ultramix are going to be unlockable themes. Sorry, but to get the good stuff you should work for it. i didn't make this game for nothing. I want it to be some sort of challenge. Next to the unlockable themes I put how many stages you need to beat to get them. Enjoy, and feel free to post a comment.

Default (The game comes in this style)
Theme1.jpg

Theme1.jpg

Theme7.jpg

DDRMAX2 (7th Mix)
Theme2.jpg

Theme9.jpg

theme2.jpg

DDR EXTREME (Since I consider this the best theme.Need to clear 50 Stages)

Theme3.jpg

Theme5.jpg

Theme6.jpg

Main Menu
Player Selection
Song Wheel
Score Screen(Ignore the F I got. It doesn't Count!!!)

In the Groove 2 Beta Version 60 (Need to Clear 25 Stages)

Theme10.jpg

Theme11.jpg

Theme13.jpg

Theme12.jpg

DDR Ultramix (Need to Clear 40 Stages)

Theme14.jpg

Theme15.jpg

Theme16.jpg

Theme17.jpg

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 30
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
So this is going to have 3D characters to choose.I didn't read through everything,and I've never played any official dance games,but this is som pretty nice work.I cannot wait until it's out!So,doesn't it have some Kingdom Heart songs in it?You should also get some Zelda remixes,I've heard some great ones before!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
sketch said:
So this is going to have 3D characters to choose.I didn't read through everything,and I've never played any official dance games,but this is som pretty nice work.I cannot wait until it's out!So,doesn't it have some Kingdom Heart songs in it?You should also get some Zelda remixes,I've heard some great ones before!

If you've never played a dance game dont worry. This game will have novice stepcharts which is for beginners. Yes it'll have 3d characters dancing to the music, if you choose to have them in the options. To see for yourself I'll post the offical song list below. I have one song from Kingdom Hearts called Hollow Bastion. Hope you like the list.

You might have never heard them before but they are great songs to dance too.

1. Amore
2. Bloodrush
3. Bumblebee
4. Clockwork Genesis
5. Cryosleep
6. Determinator
7. Energizer
8. Funk Factory
9. Go 60 Go
10. High
11. Incognito
12. July-Euromix-
13. Life of a Butterfly
14. Liquid Moon
15. Little Kitty Mine
16. Ride the Bass
17. Summer-Speedy Mix-
18. Temple of Boom
19. Tribal Style
20. Twilight
21. Vertex 2
22. Wake Up
23. We Know What To Do
24. 321 Stars
25. Absolute
26. Break Down
27. Baby Baby Gimme Your Love
28. Believe
29. Big Sur Moon
30. Bodom Beach Terror
31. Brilliant 2U
32. Brilliant 2U (Orchestra Groove)
33. Butterfly(Upswing Mix)
34. Bye Bye Baby Ballon
35. Candy
36. Clorophilla
37. Conga Feeling
38. Crazy Train
39. Cuka Bocka
40. Cutie Chaser
41. Dive
42. Diving
43. Dream a Dream
44. Drifting Away
45. Ecstasy
46. Energizer
47. Era
48. Eruption
49. Freq Out
50. Frozen Ray
51. Funk Boogie
52. Go West
53. Hall of the Mountain King
54. Hawaii 5-o Theme
55. High
56. Hollow Bastion / Yes from Kingdom Hearts
57. Hurry Up
58. Hysteria 2001
59. Hysteria Mega Mix
60. Kind Lady
61. Na-Na
62. Orion.78
63. Planet Gemini
64. Planet Rock
65. Reven G
66. Sand Storm
67. Silent Hill
68. Silent Night, Bodum Night
69. Simply Being Loved
70. Take Me Away
71. Tsugaru
72. Vanity Angel
73. Afronova
74. Afronova (From Nonstop Megamix)
75. Burning Heat
76. Kids in America
77. Music
78. Super Star (From Nonstop Megamix)
79. The Whistle Song
80. We are the Champions
81. We Will Rock You.

If I have time to do it I might just add Butterfly. The original song. My favorite one. The unlocks are complete and now all I need to do is finish the courses, and . . . I am done!!!!

I am quite anxious to release this game. I love it! and know you will too.

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 30
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Maybe for extras,you could make some zelda characters like Link,Zelda,and some creatures like Zoras.I'm making a present day Link model who will probabally be in a music video to the theme song by System of a Down.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
sketch said:
Maybe for extras,you could make some zelda characters like Link,Zelda,and some creatures like Zoras.I'm making a present day Link model who will probabally be in a music video to the theme song by System of a Down.

I'll see what i can do, but I highly dought I'll be able to do it. I'll probably be able to slip a few songs from the legend of zelda series though. For the sequel I had originally planned to put the song from Dragon Roost Island in Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. For now though, just try out this game when it is released on friday or Saturday and see if you enjoy it.

Or if you want I could slip it into this game just to satisfy your need for a zelda song. I'd really not mind. I could complete the song by then.

John Denver

Banned
Years
I'm a DDR freak...and I am the self proclaime "Best DDR player on PC"

Where are all the good songs!?!?

Cartoon heroes
Waka Laka
Rythm And Police

Or the 10 steppers? Max300?? Unlimited? LoM? PSMO? c'MON!?!?!

*dies*

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Dakota said:
I'm a DDR freak...and I am the self proclaime "Best DDR player on PC"

Where are all the good songs!?!?

Cartoon heroes
Waka Laka
Rythm And Police

Or the 10 steppers? Max300?? Unlimited? LoM? PSMO? c'MON!?!?!

*dies*

So called best player this game has 15 steppers. You'll be dieing 30 times in this game. lol. Trust me, this game goes harder than In the Groove with some expert songs. The only way you'll prove that you are the best is by beating the hardest song in this game VerTex^2

John Denver

Banned
Years
What...with my keyboard? And anything that would be a 15 stepper wouldn't be fun anymore...

Dude, do you play DDR, like at the arcade? Are you saying LoM is easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back