Olivine City Outskirts Resident

Age 29
Any
Northwest PA, US
Seen March 17th, 2021
Posted March 15th, 2021
965 posts
76 Days
I'm too torn! I love Cyndaquil a lot but I also adore Oshawott! I'm not all that interested in Rowlet for this one since I just raised one or two about one gen ago...

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,173 posts
8.8 Years
Cyndaquil feels like the clear choice here. Rowlets line has always made me cringe as it reminds me of being an edgey 14 year old and I really dislike Oshawatt's line design.

SawkTheWarrior

Anybody got any Spaghetti?

He, Him.
Canada
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
345 posts
342 Days
I Don't Actually Have a Switch, But If I Did I Would Pick Cyndaquil... Pokemon Silver Will always Be One Of My Fave Games.

Hybrid Trainer

Age 26
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,072 posts
12.5 Years
I'm going to be going with Cyndaquil. If I hadn't only just finished replaying ultra moon I probably would've gone with Rowlet because it makes more sense theme wise with the game, but I don't like picking the same starter twice so close together so I'm gonna stick with my firey boi

Sleepy

Age 25
Female
Scotland
Seen March 13th, 2021
Posted March 3rd, 2021
69 posts
1.5 Years
Cyndaquil has been my favourite since the Mystery Dungeon days so I was really happy to see them make a reappearance ^o^

signature icon by sqdpxl

Sonata

Don't let me disappear

Age 25
Male
Indiana
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
13,456 posts
8.2 Years
Hard choice between Rowlet and Cyndaquil. Especially if they give us some kind of new forms for them... Cyndaquil will be even more tempting.

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
15,147 posts
8.1 Years
this is actually a really good set. legit hard decision for me. if i were to play this, the first time around i'm definitely gonna go with something i'm familiar with so Cyndaquil's gonna be my bae. glad to see i'm with the majority on that one.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
12,024 posts
5.8 Years
Cyndaquil, most likely. No reason, okay, maybe because I’m worried about not finding a Fire mon. I mean you can find a Water mon easily via water, and Grass mons easily through everywhere else. I mean sure I don’t care about redundancy usually, but I might as well try it out.
This signature has been disabled.
Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast

She / They
Spain
Seen April 2nd, 2021
Posted March 26th, 2021
197 posts
107 Days
Rowlet. Honestly, the alolan starter trio is already my favorite out of the main games, so it's an easy choice for me. And Decidueye not only looks awesome, it also fits the "bygone era" (medieval?) setting of the game very well :]

"truly skilled trainers should try to win with the pokémon they love best."

pokemon fan person

Age 18
Female
kalos
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
695 posts
49 Days
rowlet!
VPP:
tapu bulu

Shiny Hunting:
Bulbasaur, Skwovet

Astromancer

they/them
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
35,307 posts
13.5 Years
No idea, honestly. I find the starter selection... Quite odd. A samurai, a blazing echidna and an archer owl? Would have been in the feudal style well enough if they had used Fennekin (magician/shaman) instead of Cyndaquil, imo.

That being said, I most often pick the Fire starter in games so I imagine I would do so here too haha.

Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
702 posts
138 Days
I'm personally very torn between cyndaquil and rowlet, if nintendo finally lets me have multiple saves, I may just run two concurrent games with each.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Ponyta
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Eevee
Lv. 100 @ 708
Challenge: TBA

Budew
Lv. 100 @ 794
Challenge: TBA

Megan

Life is harder for some...

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 24 Minutes Ago
Posted 24 Minutes Ago
5,885 posts
8.3 Years
Very much Rowlet. I liked its final evo in Moon and it served me quite well in that game, as well. I was never a huge fan of Samurott and while Typhlosion has a massive nostalgia factor as it was my first starter ever in the gen 2 games, its design got kinda ruined when they showed its 3D model.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations | Come and visit VPP
Have you found the window to the world or are you still listening to your words echoing from the walls?

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
6,319 posts
12.3 Years
Probably Oshawott, since Oshawott is my favorite amongst the three. To be honest, though, all three are really good, so even if I say that, I think I'll have a hard time choosing since you'll probably only get one since I doubt I can trade with people to get the others.
Theme: Yumichika Ayasegawa
Pair: Taemin
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
135 posts
220 Days
My heart would pick either Cyndaquil or Rowlet, but thing is, my heart has already picked them more than once in past games, so my brain would choose Oshawott because I never had one on my team yet.

Never had Cyndaquil on a 3D main game though, so I'd actually like to see that (IF it has its flames, because otherwise it looks less interesting)
Cleared rom hacks / fan games: GS Chronicles, Zero, Gaia, Opalo, Celestial Light.
Male
Netherlands
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
2,242 posts
320 Days
Cyndaquill, simpy because it's the one that I haven't seen or used the longest. Used Rowlet multiple times in gen 7. Never really liked Oshawott.
Flying the flag for Serbia in the 2021 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!

Eurovision Event 2021

My HA pokemon trade sheet.

My VPP