• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Remixed Red and Remixed Blue

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
After working on this hack over 2021, I finally finished it! Here it is:

Remixed Red and Remixed Blue​

In this hack, I tried to keep the looks and feel of gen 1, while trying to make it more playable, and make more Pokémon viable. I buffed the majority of bad Pokémon. I didn't change gen 1 mechanics, so stuff like 1/255 glitch, no physical/special spilt, and critical hits based on speed still exist.

✰Features✰
  • New types! I added the Steel and Dark types, I dislike the Fairy type, so I didn't add that.
  • Gym leaders, Rivals and Giovanni buffed! They are jokes in normal Red and Blue, so I buffed them up so they are dangerous.
  • Moves buffed! Even useless moves are useful now, since you can't view move information in gen 1, I put a text document at the end of this post.
  • New Moves added to the game! I added new moves, the move list in gen 1 is horrible, and doesn't work with the new types, so I added different moves like Crunch, and Iron Head. While also adding stuff like Bug Bite and X-Scissor.
  • Pokémon buffed! Some Pokémon are just plain bad in Red and Blue, so things like Farfetch'd got huge buffs! Due to me trying to want to have variety in Kanto, some weird type changes have occurred, but you'll get used to it.
  • Reuseable TMs! (Don't toss them or sell them though.)
  • Ghost Type is now Special! Dark Type is now Physical!
  • All 151 (minus Mew) are catchable, Mew can still be obtained through the Mew glitch.
  • Other stuff, I probably forgot it!

✰Screenshots✰
Spoiler:

✰Downloads✰

✰Changelog✰
Spoiler:

✰Credits✰
  • Credits to pret for making the pokered disassembly
  • Credits to the pret discord for helping me with problems on the way
  • Credits to myself for the rest.

Have fun!

Attachments

• Movesets and Buffs (Spoilers Beware).txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
Years
Looks interesting! I've always wanted to see what a modded Kanto would look like.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 30, 2021
Enjoying it so far. Loved that you made every pokemon usefull, hope you can do more games like this in the future. Lot's of gen two people could use some updates.

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Enjoying it so far. Loved that you made every pokemon usefull, hope you can do more games like this in the future. Lot's of gen two people could use some updates.

I'm glad you are enjoying the hack!

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Oops! I made a small mistake while fixing the type chart (I made Poison neutral to Bug instead of NFE to Bug.) I will be releasing a patch later today fixing this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I am having fun playing the patch you made.
However, it seems that the critical correction of the Metal Claw is the same as the'slash'. Please check.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I guess I'll play Pokemon Red/Blue yet again... Thanks for this.

Have TM compatibilities been altered?

What is Prism Laser?

Update: No it looks like they haven't and that is annoying for some Pokemon. Aerodactyl can't learn Strength or Rock Slide which really hurts him.

Last edited:

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I guess I'll play Pokemon Red/Blue yet again... Thanks for this.

Have TM compatibilities been altered?

What is Prism Laser?

Update: No it looks like they haven't and that is annoying for some Pokemon. Aerodactyl can't learn Strength or Rock Slide which really hurts him.

No. Outside of Giga Drain, no TM compatibilities/moves have been altered.
Prism Laser is a Psychic Hyper Beam based of the move Prismatic Laser
I will patch this game giving Aerodactyl Rock Slide/Strength as TMs and Rock Slide in it's moveset, seems like a oversight from me.

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Alright, have updated the game to 1.2, also gave Gyarados Crunch since that didn't match up with the doc.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I appreciate that. Letting him and some others learn Earthquake would be cool but whatever.

A lot of the changes in the game are fun to play with. I'm enjoying using fighting type Kingler.

Edit: Your hack and I'm not using Gyarados in my team, but what if Gyarados could learn Razor Wind?

Edit 2: I just beat the game. Fun hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Hey none of my Pokémon are compatible with cut even the ones that I know should be, anyone can help?

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hey none of my Pokémon are compatible with cut even the ones that I know should be, anyone can help?

What Pokémon aren't compatible with Cut that should be? Maybe it's just a Red and Blue thing I forgot to change.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Great way to play the game without feeling overly alienated.
Two questions though; is Ghost now 2x effective against Psychic or is it still the same?
Why is Dig 80 BP now? Fly for example, which was 70 BP is now 90 BP, it's weird that Did which was 100 BP is reduced to 80 BP. I think 90 or 95 BP would've been more reasonable.

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Great way to play the game without feeling overly alienated.
Two questions though; is Ghost now 2x effective against Psychic or is it still the same?
Why is Dig 80 BP now? Fly for example, which was 70 BP is now 90 BP, it's weird that Did which was 100 BP is reduced to 80 BP. I think 90 or 95 BP would've been more reasonable.

Thanks for playing my game!
1. Ghost is 2x effective against Psychic, I have updated the type chart to modern gens
2. Dig is 80 BP because later gens nerfed it down to 80, but I will consider increasing it to 90 BP!

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
When it comes to version exclusive encounters, the Pokémon exclusive to Red have higher encounter rates to them, but Blue Pokémon still exist, they just have lower encounter rates.

Back