Callmefreak

Female
Hope Peak's Academy
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
103 posts
8.2 Years
No problem, had to restart anyway. On the plus side I can tell you if some of the glitches I faced the second reset are fixed.
Just finished beating Caelestis gym again. Still just get the aerial ace tm and no appearance of Vangelis at pokecenter.
There must be something wrong with RPG Maker or Essentials then because the second you touch the Pokemon Center's door it's supposed to check if you have the item or not, and if you don't it's supposed to turn on an event to make Vangelis appear in the Pokemon Center.
In fact, I just realized that I forgot to make it only do that if you defeated the second gym. I also deleted everything that could make Vangelis not give you the item. I'm going to replace the download again so people can't just get them without defeating him but at this point I think this is a problem with the RPG Maker.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
19 posts
95 Days
Got the wings item from the pokemon center with the newest update :D

Minor glitch clefairy can't use the move bestow. An error script pops up but luckily hitting the x out of th dialogue box allows you to basically get free turns and doesn't cause a game crash ( its weird that it bestow that has problems most fangames have trouble with fury swipes but that actually works in your game so kudos) also its not something that always happens either

Callmefreak

Female
Hope Peak's Academy
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
103 posts
8.2 Years
New trainer prob-this trainer is bugged now, they used to be fine (last play through)
https://imgur.com/r2ibhsY trainer
https://imgur.com/Ffb90NO error msg
I know why. She should be fixed now but even if she's not I made her avoidable.
Or she will be as soon as the game is done uploading.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
19 posts
95 Days
All good now, her encounter works fine now. And so far I haven't had the encounter glitches with Pierce, but I also haven't gone to the last city(in this demo) yet but I think it's fine too.

Nope-Pierce still loops events. Just walked towards caelestis(sp) and had his event come again. Although it isn't all a bad thing since we really can't do daily talks with him. Having fun with all the little things we can do with the game.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,243 posts
7.6 Years
A small nitpick to make but its one I cant help but have issue with. Its specifically the Happi/chikorita line. Yes these three were the beta designs for chikorita, bayleef, and meganium but if you're going to utelize them as a regional varient of the chikorita line it would make more sense to remove Hanamogura altogether and use Bayleef albiet redesigned to match with Chikorita and Meganium. I say this because while the idea of a regional varient exclusive evolution has been done for sword and shield with Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon, those were final evolutions not transitional stages.

At the same time though Hanamogura is an interesting pokemon who definately should be used IMO so cutting it out would be a disappointment.

I think a good compromise for this is to consider making a fakemon pre-evo to hanamogura and a fakemon evolution to hanamogura which actually has resemblance to the creature itself. I mean sure pokemon has some questionable evolutions (Remoraid to octillery for example) but there should be some consistancy for chikorita's line due to it being a sauropod dinosaur with a flower theme, and hanamogura is some form of orchid plant with no resemblance to either its pre-evo or post-evo.

EDIT: Also is it possible to have a list of moves for each pokemon? If Meganium is a dragon type I was wondering if it gets access to flamethrower like alolan exeggutor

Callmefreak

Female
Hope Peak's Academy
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
103 posts
8.2 Years
A small nitpick to make but its one I cant help but have issue with. Its specifically the Happi/chikorita line. Yes these three were the beta designs for chikorita, bayleef, and meganium but if you're going to utelize them as a regional varient of the chikorita line it would make more sense to remove Hanamogura altogether and use Bayleef albiet redesigned to match with Chikorita and Meganium. I say this because while the idea of a regional varient exclusive evolution has been done for sword and shield with Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon, those were final evolutions not transitional stages.

At the same time though Hanamogura is an interesting pokemon who definately should be used IMO so cutting it out would be a disappointment.

I think a good compromise for this is to consider making a fakemon pre-evo to hanamogura and a fakemon evolution to hanamogura which actually has resemblance to the creature itself. I mean sure pokemon has some questionable evolutions (Remoraid to octillery for example) but there should be some consistancy for chikorita's line due to it being a sauropod dinosaur with a flower theme, and hanamogura is some form of orchid plant with no resemblance to either its pre-evo or post-evo.

EDIT: Also is it possible to have a list of moves for each pokemon? If Meganium is a dragon type I was wondering if it gets access to flamethrower like alolan exeggutor
I'd like to go back and redo Meganium's sprite since doing commissions gave me enough practice to be a lot better at making sprites, but otherwise I don't make sprites I don't want to do for free, so that's not gonna happen... For free. I started working on this game in 2018 before pausing for about a year and a half.

As far as moves goes, I wanted to add them to the "Pokemon" post, but even cutting the post in half didn't allow me to do so. I'll probably try to make a separate post for them in the blog, but otherwise you could always look at the info yourself by going into the PBS folder and opening Pokemon.TXT. I'd make a copy outside of the game because if you accidentally mess with it it could ruin the game.

Edit: Not only was I able to do this, but I decided to make some changes that are now in the latest version of the game. Here's the post.

All good now, her encounter works fine now. And so far I haven't had the encounter glitches with Pierce, but I also haven't gone to the last city(in this demo) yet but I think it's fine too.

Nope-Pierce still loops events. Just walked towards caelestis(sp) and had his event come again. Although it isn't all a bad thing since we really can't do daily talks with him. Having fun with all the little things we can do with the game.
That's because I forgot to have permanent switch to turn off the event! 🙃 I'm glad you're enjoying the game otherwise. I'm uploading a new version You'll have to go through it again but after that it should stop.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
19 posts
95 Days
Oh two warnings-one don't accidentally talk to the mountain climbing guy if you are in his way it freezes the game( but doesn't do anything else) and if a certain someone's pokecenter event is ready it will only show up during the afternoon-at the other times that person and the second shopkeeper will disappear at all other times. Oh and the game seems to be running much smoother now(ie loading/switching between the times of days doesn't take as long and there is less loading stutter from area to area) Also there are two clock towers at the entrance of Tellus.

Question: Are the events talked about in your blog in game yet? So far I haven't been able to do any of the festivals in a play through yet. This might be becuase when the Spring/first month(?) passes the date is bugged to show 0 as the day( day of week works) despite the calendar showing the right days.

( sorry was stuck replaying stardew valley in envy that Japan gets rune factory 5 on the 20th of this month and there hasn't yet been talk of bringing it to the Us yet)

Callmefreak

Female
Hope Peak's Academy
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
103 posts
8.2 Years
Oh two warnings-one don't accidentally talk to the mountain climbing guy if you are in his way it freezes the game( but doesn't do anything else) and if a certain someone's pokecenter event is ready it will only show up during the afternoon-at the other times that person and the second shopkeeper will disappear at all other times. Oh and the game seems to be running much smoother now(ie loading/switching between the times of days doesn't take as long and there is less loading stutter from area to area) Also there are two clock towers at the entrance of Tellus.

Question: Are the events talked about in your blog in game yet? So far I haven't been able to do any of the festivals in a play through yet. This might be becuase when the Spring/first month(?) passes the date is bugged to show 0 as the day( day of week works) despite the calendar showing the right days.

( sorry was stuck replaying stardew valley in envy that Japan gets rune factory 5 on the 20th of this month and there hasn't yet been talk of bringing it to the Us yet)
The Holy Mountain guy doesn't get stuck for me, but I did try to fix his event anyway.
That event in the Pokemon Center is supposed to only happen at that time, since the person in question is starting work.

I was confused by the date thing since it works just fine for me but I think I see what the problem may be. I'll be uploading a new download link as soon as it's ready. (I did that already but I somehow missed the calendar thing so I'm doing it again. Also I noticed a couple other things that I haven't noticed before somehow.)
I'll add the month loop thing to the calendar too.

Also I deleted one of the clock towers. I forgot that I still had one for the town. 'Just not in the map.

I hope we get Rune Factory 5, but I'm not so sure if we will since I don't think Story of Seasons is doing that well in America since I don't think a whole lot of people know that that's basically the new Harvest Moon. (There's a complicated thing with the copyright of Harvest Moon not being owned by XSeed, who are people who actually made the games.)

Callmefreak

Female
Hope Peak's Academy
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
103 posts
8.2 Years
with the mountain guy its if you are in front/in the direction he charges off to climb the mountain only. Any other time talking to him and its fine.
Thanks for the hard work!

I'm not sure we will either since I honestly thought that 4 was supposed to be the end of the series-at least for America which is sad since each game was great.
Oh, that. I didn't think about that. It should be fixed now. (I'm not gonna bother changing the first post. I mainly uploaded the game as a back-up since I did a lot in the background.)
And no problem! I'm glad you're enjoying the game!