• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner's Corner of Chit-Chat...Corner

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
03ym3V5.png

Just got a rare Pokémon? Perhaps you're trying to breed a shiny Charmander? Or maybe you think this picture sucks and can recommend a better picture?

Whether it's an achievement, a question, or a general status update, post it here! It doesn't even have to be trade related 😲

Rules

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
And to kick us off, I'll start by asking everyone a question; What's the rarest Pokemon you've ever obtained from a trade?

For me, I think it would have to be my shiny WISHMKR Jirachi. I joined PC to try to get a Jirachi, but someone was nice enough to give me a shiny one instead!

Years
The rarest Pokémon, huh?

To be honest, I can't think of any on the spot, but friend of mine traded me some WCS and NCD Pokémon as he is going there almost every year. And they are pretty rare here in Europe as far as I know.

Also some Pokémon from ORAS Battle Competitions like Dragonite with Barrier, Whitney's Miltank or Cynthia's Garchomp. Not everyone got these.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Oh, Barrier Dragonite! I remember it was one of those things where I thought to myself "I still have plenty of time to qualify for it", and before I realised, time flew and I couldn't grab it anymore. One of my biggest Pokemon regrets for sure.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm not quite sure what the rarest Pokemon I've ever gotten that I didn't ask for. I know I use to do a lot of Wonder Trading when the games first come out but not so much anymore.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
When people don't mass-spam hacked shiny Pokemon, I find Wonder Trade as a really nice way of obtaining Pokemon that I may have otherwise not have. My backlog for breeding shiny Pokemon in Apriballs with uncommon Egg Moves received from WT is HUGE!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I've been working on a shiny living Dex for quite awhile and for the time being I'm just working on getting it full and then work on making it legal. I did have a shop open for a bit but it just seemed like to much work at the time and I don't have any special tools to do checks or cloning.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I've been working on a shiny living Dex for quite awhile and for the time being I'm just working on getting it full and then work on making it legal. I did have a shop open for a bit but it just seemed like to much work at the time and I don't have any special tools to do checks or cloning.

I just noticed the link in your sig! That's a very respectable effort either way, made even cooler by the fact that you didn't even use cloning (I'll admit, I cheat a little and clone multiple copies of the same Pokemon for my living dexes). That said, please feel free to use the cloning and hack checking services here in TC if you ever feel like it; they exist for you guys!

Also don't quote me on this, but there may or may not be a fun event relating to Trade Shops in the foreseeable future so it may not hurt to dust off your Trade Shop.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Lol I've been working on getting my shop back up. I know there are hacks in my Living Dex right now because I know a bunch are from AusLuv that I have gotten from Wonder Trades. Though they will be replaced once I get legal ones.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
The Zeraora event is a bit of a mess right now. I could've sworn it was announced to release at EB Games for Canada and Australia, but when I visited EB Games on the 19th (here in Australia), they said that they have no knowledge of when the event will be available whatsoever. It feels like Australia is being shafted again like we were with the shiny Poipole event 🙃

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Honestly, I'd try it again after the distribution is over. At that point, everyone who didn't get Zeraora would be very interested in trying to nab it.

In the spirit of this sub-forum, I was wondering how often people traded with others in Pokemon Go? Do you think the restriction that Trainers must be close to each other to trade is a pain in the Slowpoke, or a good thing to encourage players to meet each other?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think it can be a pain because of the whole regional Pokemon unless they do the whole egg event or you have enough money to fly around yourself.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Yeah, unfortunately the region-locked Pokemon aren't that fun. While I understand the exclusivity is supposed to encourage trading with strangers, let's be honest, how likely are you to meet a foreigner who's from a specific region and plays Pokemon Go? The egg thing is pretty ridiculous too; I can't stop getting Barboachs in 2km eggs, much less get lucky enough to spin a 7km egg during the promotion period that has the Pokemon I want. Pokemon Go isn't kind to collectors 😢

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Question: Is it legal to offer a unused code for a zeraora in exchange for another pokemon?

Question: Is it legal to offer a unused code for a zeraora in exchange for another pokemon? I just want to know for sure before i do anything, so i do not make any mistakes that goes against the rules, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Question: Is it legal to offer a unused code for a zeraora in exchange for another pokemon? I just want to know for sure before i do anything, so i do not make any mistakes that goes against the rules, thanks!

Hey there! I've merged your thread with DCC as this is generally where all non-trade stuff goes.

To answer your question, Crwatkins is right; unused codes are perfectly acceptable trade fodder! Just be sure to let people know what region the code is from, as they generally cannot be used in non-native regions (i.e. US codes for US carts, PAL codes for PAL carts, etc.).

Feel free to use this thread for further questions or concerns you might have.

Last edited:
Years
Speaking of codes I have a small rant to make. I really hate what become of them in my country. There isn't a way to get to the codes now, because only distributor decided to let people pay for them - you have to buy Pok?mon game from their e-shop to get a code with it. Which isn't really a great way unless you want to pay 45 ? each month to get them all. They used to make those "like, subscribe, share" giveaways, but I haven't seen one in a while.

Do you have similar problems in your country too?

Back