• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Do you know who you'll use on your team?

Years
Since BDSP is a faithful remake that stated all Pokémon from the original games will be available, we know, for the most part, what will be obtainable. Has anyone planned out what Pokémon they'll use yet? Maybe an old Sinnoh favorite, or something you've wanted to use but never did?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I know I'll have Chimchar/Infernape on my team at least, but I'll probably wait until playing the game before deciding who else will be on the team. Depends on what other Pokémon are or aren't in the game.

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
Years
I like to just play and see how my team turns out on its own. I'll be starting with Piplup or Turtwig, but I'm hoping there might be some new forms or evolutions or something available to add to my team too!

pkmin3033

Piplup and Starly most definitely, and either Shinx or Rotom. Not sure about the others just yet. I've never used Roserade before so that might be interesting.

Years
if i were to play it, i legit might just subconsciously get the exact same team team i had for my original DP run lol. staples would Torterra and Crobat at the very least.

i'll try going for a Heracross if those are still around tho

Years
I'm going with Piplup as my starter, but may try newer mons for the remainder on my team that I've never used extensively yet. Mothim and Gastrodon seem especially fun to finally try out!

Years
If it is like the Plat dex then: Infernape, Gastrodon, Roserade, Staraptor, Garchomp, and an Alakzam or Scizor I'll trade evo with my buddy for.

Years
This'll be my first time playing a Gen IV game (the only gen I've skipped) so I'm treating it like I treat all new releases: I'm only gonna use Pokemon I haven't used before. I think I'm gonna go with Torterra, Empoleon (via trade), Luxray, Weavile, Lucario and Togekiss. But we'll see...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Skuntank, Mothim, Leafeon, Porygon2, Medicham, and Empoleon.

We did see Porygon-Z in the trailer, so the roster from Platinum is certainly on the table, which is good, given the Fire-type scarcity in Sinnoh.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I love using Pokemon introduced in the generation itself.
I didn't use a Luxray and Staraptor through my Diamond and Platinum games in the past so I want to add one!
Would also want a Garchomp, Lucario and of course Torterra.
The last perhaps would be Froslass or Togekiss.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I do plan to Nuzlocke the game, but there are some cretures I do plan to use.

The first of which, Roserade. I know it's an extremely great mon, but I haven't used it in god knows how long (I did have one in my Black 2 Nuzrun but she died) and since I plan to pick Infernape it can help to cover weaknesses.

The other I plan to get, Bronzong. I also haven't used it in forever unless it died, and because of it's defenses it should help complement the other two mons I planned.

Years
Since I played OG diamond, and platinum, and a couple of rom hacks with sinnoh starters I feel like I've exhausted my love of the starters. I'll either go for Turtwig or dump the starter in the PC and see what I can catch.
As for the rest of the team I want to try out Toxicroak. I've never used them before because of the 4x weakness to psychic but I've always loved the design. Then I'll try and add a couple of 'mons with Sinnoh introduced evolutions like Magnazone or Yanmega that I've never fully played with

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I am very much looking forward to using another Roserade and Infernape. Other than that, I might mix it up depending on what the final dex looks like.

ribbits

ribbit
Years
I've been doing some light theory crafting but I'm making sure to stay flexible just because I don't know if the dex will be DP based or Platinum based. Currently though, I have two confirmed team members: being Roserade and Mantine!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
I'm running off the assumption the dex is being ripped from Platinum and not DP because let's be real, 2 fire types is not enough.
I probably won't plan out a team ahead of time like I usually do, but it's not like I can really go into this game too blind after how long it's been since it first came out. But I'd love the chance to use Pokemon I really haven't used often, so I think it'd be cool to throw some strange stuff in there. I could try out things Probopass, Spiritomb, Wormadam Trash, or Abomasnow, and honestly, I'd love to go out of my way to try and search for a Feebas or Munchlax for the team. It'd be really neat to end up putting in the time to find them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Most likely Crobat, but I'm not sure about much else.

Probably Empoleon too.

Back