• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] CelloX's Leaf Green MonoPoison Journal

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Started doing a monotype run of Leaf Green with poison types! Might aim for an ultimate run...

-----------------------------

-Chose Bulbasaur (Of course), get a male and name it Genesis. The name is partially because I like religious names, but also because Bulbasaur is dinosaur like and is the first Pokémon in the series numerically.
-Only managed to beat my rival's Charmander due to the pc potion, lol
-Discovered that Leaf Green and Fire Red do not have the Nidoran family on the route towards victory road, much to my annoyance, surprise, and confusion.
-Caught a female Weedle in Viridian Forest, named her Wasp. This is partially due to the Marvel super hero.
-Training is sluggish.
-Easily beat brock with Genesis, unsurprisingly.
-Go through the crowd of route 3 trainers slowly, yet steadily.
-Catch a male Nidoran and name it David. David was a Jewish king in the bible, so I thought it would be fitting for a Nidoking to have.
-Catch a female Zubat, but put her in the pc due to uncertainty as to whether training her up would be worth it.
-Train up a bit more, still sluggish though.
-Training gets a bit faster as Genesis becomes a Ivysaur and learns razor leaf, Wasp becomes a Beedrill and learns fury attack, and David learns double kick.
-Manage to get through Mount Moon. I grab the helix fossil despite probably never going to use it.
-Destroy Misty with Genesis the Ivysaur, who sweeped the entire gym without even going to the Pokémon center between battles.

---------------------------

The Bulbasaur line, despite being the least favorite of the starters for many, are probably the most OP when going through Kanto... will probably play more tomorrow!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Entry 2:
-Beat my rival, named after my brother, with a little effort.
-David evolved, and then evolved again with a moon stone. Two fully evolved three stage pokemon now! Just wished they had better moves...
-Helped bill out, defeated the grunt behind the house and got tm for dig, Looked at my tms, and taught David dig, rock tomb, and water pulse(!). Better coverage now.
-Got past daycare, got hidden rare candy, Wasp learned Twineedle.
-Got to vermillion city, decided to grind for a gyarodos hm slave.
-Go on S.S, Anne for training and hm cut
-Beat my rival again. Wasp's twinneedle 1 hit KO'd his kadabra, just as I was hoping. David took care of the rest of the team.
-Get HM cut, grind more on ship. Shellder supersonics are very annoying...
-Clear the ship, head for gym 3
-Have some issues with paralysis in gym trainer battles, due to pikachu's contact ability
-Also had issues trying to find the second switch, but eventually got it
-Beat the gym leader pretty easily with David.
-Replaced Wasp's fury attack with brick break.
-Go to diglett cave for training. Encounter a lvl 29(!) dugtrio, when my best is lvl 26. Manage to take it out. Train a little more.
-Take a break

(Short) Entry 3:
-Taught Genesis flash.
-I think(?) I might have skipped some stuff in this journal, but just went through the cave that needs flash.
-Taught Wasp aerial ace.
-HM slave Magikarp evolved to gyarados
-Got to lavender town, defeated rival again at the tower.
-Reminded by numerous npcs how first gen didn't shy away from darker topics. Glad the game is muted so I can't hear the town's theme.
-Move on to celadon. Beat all of erika's gym with Wasp, using a combo of twinneedle and aerial ace. Managed to avoid getting paralyzed against the victreebell and tangela, but got hit by the vileplume. No turns lost in the end, though.

EDIT: Got rid of the rom, going to have to drop this challenge...

Last edited:
Back