• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Spoiler:

Here's a (big) screenshot. If you're outside of your house, you'll see the option "check dream pals" in the top left corner and when you click it you will get the above screen.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Spoiler:

Here's a (big) screenshot. If you're outside of your house, you'll see the option "check dream pals" in the top left corner and when you click it you will get the above screen.

I don't have that option or screen anywhere!!!! in fact I cannot leave my house unless I use that rainbow bridge... and that takes me to a different game location!!!! what am I doing wrong???

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That really depends on the move and Pokemon, really (as the only moves that can are level-up ones if both parents know them, TMs/HMs or ones listed in the egg moves for that Pokemon that you can check easily/quickly via google/any major Pokemon site like serebii/veekun/bulba). But in most cases I think it's likely that the special moves (not stuff they can get anyways) usually would not be breedable.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Is there a Cloning Glitch?

So, as many of you probably know, there've been cloning glitches in both immediate ancestral generation of games. Earlier I was using the Battle Subway, and went to my PC to withdraw the Pokemon I wanted. I went to do the challenge, then went back to the PC afterwards. The game had completely reordered my PC. Originally: I had boxes 1-3 filled with random Pokemon. Box 11 was full of bred Pokemon. Box 12 was full of legendaries. Box 12 was full of EV-trained Pokemon.

When the game reordered it, boxes 1-3 remained the same. Box 5 was filled with my breeding Pokemon. Box 6 was filled with my legendaries. Box 7 was filled with my EV-trained Pokemon. All the boxes that had been moved retained the name I gave them. The original boxes retained their names too. In other words, both Box 11 and Box 5 were named "Breeding" but only 5 had Pokemon in it while 11 was now empty.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't mentioned box 4. After the game reordered my PC, I found that my Dragonite (Imported from Diamond) had been cloned and was in box 4.. Before then, I only had two Dragonite. One with Inner Focus and one with Multiscale. The one with Inner Focus had been cloned..

I'm sorry I can't provide any pictures or proof because I was not expecting for this to happen. I kinda just shrugged it off and released the clone. Has this happened to anyone else?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
That sounds cool.

Did you save with an attendant at the Battle Subway? In Gen III, the cloning glitch only worked with an attendant at the Battle Tower.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Cloning glitches tend to pop up in every generation and it was only a matter of time before the one for Black and White got found. Anyways, this does sound pretty interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, as many of you probably know, there've been cloning glitches in both immediate ancestral generation of games. Earlier I was using the Battle Subway, and went to my PC to withdraw the Pokemon I wanted. I went to do the challenge, then went back to the PC afterwards. The game had completely reordered my PC. Originally: I had boxes 1-3 filled with random Pokemon. Box 11 was full of bred Pokemon. Box 12 was full of legendaries. Box 12 was full of EV-trained Pokemon.

When the game reordered it, boxes 1-3 remained the same. Box 5 was filled with my breeding Pokemon. Box 6 was filled with my legendaries. Box 7 was filled with my EV-trained Pokemon. All the boxes that had been moved retained the name I gave them. The original boxes retained their names too. In other words, both Box 11 and Box 5 were named "Breeding" but only 5 had Pokemon in it while 11 was now empty.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't mentioned box 4. After the game reordered my PC, I found that my Dragonite (Imported from Diamond) had been cloned and was in box 4.. Before then, I only had two Dragonite. One with Inner Focus and one with Multiscale. The one with Inner Focus had been cloned..

I'm sorry I can't provide any pictures or proof because I was not expecting for this to happen. I kinda just shrugged it off and released the clone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Merged to Quick Questions because while nobody has mentioned this glitch before, you're not exactly supplying any proof either, which would be useful in this case :(

Either way, I'll leave it here in case anybody knows the definite answer and if you do get a photo for next time, just PM me and we can work out how it can turn into an actual discussion thread!

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
Why isnt the movie Victini event working?

When I go on the mystery gift and I click receive from wi-fi it searches for a gift for about 5 minutes then says no gift could be found. Does it matter that I already got the first Victini when the game came out?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Are you checking under the right spot? Have you tried Nintendo WFC?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2011
which abbilityis better for stoutland in normal-SP? scrappy or intimidate. scrappy allows him to STAB on ghosts, while intimidate makes opponets hit less. intimidate works once and only with psycical, but there arent many ghosts. and he has crunch anyway.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
which abbilityis better for stoutland in normal-SP? scrappy or intimidate. scrappy allows him to STAB on ghosts, while intimidate makes opponets hit less. intimidate works once and only with psycical, but there arent many ghosts. and he has crunch anyway.
Probably intimidate would be better, since like you say, it's not like you're going to encounter that many ghost types and if you have crunch it wouldn't matter at all. They're both not really good though in-game but meh.

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

Intimidate can work again if you switch him out and then back in. It kind "boosts" his own defense a little just by switching in. Since you have crunch, definitely go with intimidate.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2011
well, im going with intimidate then. that means i need a vital spirit lilipup, rith?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
well, im going with intimidate then. that means i need a vital spirit lilipup, rith?

You're right. When Lillipup with Vital Spirit evolves into Herdier, its ability changes to Intimidate. If Lillipup has Pickup, its ability changes to Sand Rush when it evolves.

On some random notes: Run Away/Scrappy Lillipup hasn't been released yet. Also, if you're battling competitively, you're better off with Sand Rush (since Hippowdon and Tyranitar can provide it).

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
You're right. When Lillipup with Vital Spirit evolves into Herdier, its ability changes to Intimidate. If Lillipup has Pickup, its ability changes to Sand Rush when it evolves.

On some random notes: Run Away/Scrappy Lillipup hasn't been released yet. Also, if you're battling competitively, you're better off with Sand Rush (since Hippowdon and Tyranitar can provide it).
Yeah but I think that if he were using it competitively that he'd have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon and that it would be obvious which ability to use so he wouldn't have asked. In-game, if you can't use Intimidate yet then obviously use Scrappy since you won't have a use for Sand Rush if you don't have a sand team.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I am having a problem trying to get my Game Sync ID to get into Dream World! :( I need help. It keeps saying there's an error and I need to check "Troubleshooting"..everything is fine though! Has anyone else been through the same situation and any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back