• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Raymond_Zesshi

Thunder Lord
Years
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
The poison attack seems cool though.

about the Espurr thing, if you watch the anime, The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyousuke, ESPER (same pronunciation is Espurr) means people that has super powers.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Truer words couldn't ever be said.

Lately, I've realized that this generation separates itself from the others to have legitimately so many rumours flying out and about, and people believing them with absolutely no concrete evidence to support them whatsoever other than "oh, I guess that sounds believable!". It's honestly something that shouldn't happen, and just because it sounds like it would exist, if it isn't backed up officially by Smash or GF or any other trustworthy source, then it's at least safe to assume that it wouldn't.
You are missing the point of rumours. Rumours are supposed to be nothing but speculations about stuff that could be in the game. And people don't argue about a rumours veracity, they argue about its plausibility, because, from the moment it is proven to be true/false, it stops being a rumour.

Still, Haza is completely right. We can see some people posting here completely random rumours, which are a bit pointless to argue about. If the rumours come from an alleged leaker (even though 99% aren't just people messing around) and seem to be legit at a first analisys, it's more interesting to discuss about them, simply because there is that 1% chance that it is an actual leaker and everything he says is true.

So, guys, if you want to post rumours here, at least try to make them look legit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
XanderO said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerserge

If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?

Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238

I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.

That leaker (there was more than one if memory serves) admitted to making the info up on 4chan. The one posted in the first page is the only rumor still around that hasn't been debunked or its creator admitting it was fake.

Concerning how there is more to fairies than Tinkerbell or other pink cutesy creatures- do people aged six to twelve know that? That's around where GameFreak's target audience is. They don't necessarily make these games for those who have been around since Gen I. If they called the new alleged new type Fairy then that would make those people think of Tink or cutesy things, so Mystic would probably suit the type more.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

XanderO said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerserge

If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?

Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238

I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.

That leaker (there was more than one if memory serves) admitted to making the info up on 4chan. The one posted in the first page is the only rumor still around that hasn't been debunked or its creator admitting it was fake.

Concerning how there is more to fairies than Tinkerbell or other pink cutesy creatures- do people aged six to twelve know that? That's around where GameFreak's target audience is. They don't necessarily make these games for those who have been around since Gen I. If they called the new alleged new type Fairy then that would make those people think of Tink or cutesy things, so Mystic would probably suit the type more.

Darn it. Sorry. It said the first fine I posted that it failed to go in.

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
At this point, it cannot be confirmed nor denied, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Having three types will make battle much more complicated, perhaps even too complicated. I dunno though, I'm not really a battler.

blue

gucci
Years
There's only a certain few that I can think of to gain a third type which is why it wouldn't really be necessary. It would only be worth adding if there were a handful of Pokemon that were viable to gain an extra typing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Way too complicated. But it would definitely change the battling mechanic, which is what they are talking about lately.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
This bonding system could be what they're talking about? I doubt they would introduce Quadruple battles, especially after just introducing Triple and Rotational battles.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
The poison attack seems cool though.
The rival giving you his starter seams obsolete because of the GTS. The second one seams weird. What would trigger it after you flip your 3DS.
The level up with a dark type in your party seams off. I thought that only Mantyke would evolve with a certain Pokemon in your party.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Welp, since the Fairy type rumor is now truth, that opens up the gate for many other rumors posted in here...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I now have to live with the Fairy Type forever. The rest of the news is OK. This also means that the guy who 'leaked' the Fairy Type is correct about the other rumours, including Patrice, dual typed moves and the starters final types.

blue

gucci
Years
I now have to live with the Fairy Type forever. The rest of the news is OK. This also means that the guy who 'leaked' the Fairy Type is correct about the other rumours, including Patrice, dual typed moves and the starters final types.

My thoughts exactly, he got the Fairy Type and the advantage to Dragon correct so it's possible.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
He isn't the same guy who mentioned double type moves is he? Because if so then the game is about to be radically changed this generation, for good or bad.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh gosh, I really hope not everything that guy said was true. Especially about the dual-type moves. Please no.

Back