• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 29, 2018
I hate to make a request as a first post, but... would you be willing to decapitalize the text in this hack? The newer gens have really spoiled me with their proper grammar. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • LOL
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Gorgeous hack, very pleased to see the original design fixed and improved. You deserve my- gratitude and an award for making the original hack 10x better.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
If I may correct you, I think the gender ratio is because most Touhoumon are females in the first place.

Which is also something they should have implemented with Moemon by making the gender ratio mostly female and once in a great miracle a male.

I agree that it would make sense for female puppets/moemon to be female. What I was saying was that, in the code, the base version of Touhoumon 1.8 has 50:50 gender ratios, while the mod here has a ratio of 1/6 male. This makes breeding very difficult. The creator did not remember changing it, but I was pointing out that it was not in the base version I had, so I was wondering if they were using a different base.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
Touhoumon works just fine with VBA, and besides mGBA has too many programming errors to begin with.
Precisely what are you smoking? mGBA is perfectly fine.

Also, in regards to NUPS should I patch it under Abort/Ask or Ignore? I'm getting the errors other people in this thread were getting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
I try to patch the UPS file in the rom that Zeta used with both NUPS and Tsukuyomi but it doesnt work, also i tried downloading an already patched version but it freezes when Boneka are sent to battle while the cry sounds distorted. Can anyone please send me a working patched version through a PM?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I believe it would be patching under Abort/Ask, but if you're having the same problem other people have been having, then it might be due to the rom itself. I can't entirely be sure, though, since it's been a while since I did this.

Make sure it's an unedited Squirrels rom. I'm not actually at my own computer right now, and the past few days have been mildly hectic. I'll see if I have problems patching it myself later today, and then update this post whether or not I do.

Also, to the person about the gender divide in the hack... like I said before, I probably did it in one of the many versions I've done of this game before I made a serious effort at this. I don't remember that very well, but it sounds like something I'd do.

I may try and fix that and put it in. It'd give me a chance to remove the EXP Share, too, since that's just not cooperating with me, and facing Johto trainers early is not something I want people to be able to do.

Oh, and due to how area transitions work in this game, I'm most likely not going to be expanding the oceans, unless I can find a way around it. It'd be a hassle to do, when I want to keep a level curve through Johto at least somewhat properly.

EDIT 11/6/2016 2:08 EST: You need to click ignore in order for it to patch, as far as I can tell. Let's hope there isn't some other critical bug now, because right now, I mostly want to be done with this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm also having the same problem with the patching, and when I choose ignore the game crash upon opening.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Not sure if anyone is still alive or Zeta but what exactly is different from the Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced v1.11 that was released on 2012 and could i still use the casual music patch from 2013?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Not sure if anyone is still alive or Zeta but what exactly is different from the Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced v1.11 that was released on 2012 and could i still use the casual music patch from 2013?

A couple new areas, the Ten Desires puppets are rebalanced, the boss fights are rebalanced, Johto's got new maps, some trainers have EVs and natures, some maps were changed... uhh, that's basically it. The focus was just "How can I make this more fun for me?" and this is what I got.

Also, I'm not sure if you could use that patch with this. Not that it really matters, since this hack was already OF the Casual Music patch.

Also, in the coming weeks, I may end up releasing another version of this. It won't be too different, but there will be some balance changes in it.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
A couple new areas, the Ten Desires puppets are rebalanced, the boss fights are rebalanced, Johto's got new maps, some trainers have EVs and natures, some maps were changed... uhh, that's basically it. The focus was just "How can I make this more fun for me?" and this is what I got.

Also, I'm not sure if you could use that patch with this. Not that it really matters, since this hack was already OF the Casual Music patch.

Also, in the coming weeks, I may end up releasing another version of this. It won't be too different, but there will be some balance changes in it.

Sounds nice. Question, do we have a list for best places to ev train and what not? Because if im gonna be up against ev trained trainers then might as go too

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Sounds nice. Question, do we have a list for best places to ev train and what not? Because if im gonna be up against ev trained trainers then might as go too

Hmm. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure, myself. EVs should be the same as in canon with the exceptions of the TD cast. If there would be a place I would put something like that, it'd probably be late Johto, but that place doesn't exist yet.

I might try and come up with something for the next update, but that won't be for a bit more than likely. The person who's helping me with this has other things he's also doing, so his feedback might take a while. And I'm waiting for him to finish before doing too much.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Well this is interesting. One if the bikers from the entrance to the biker cliff thing has 6 lvl 1 Nazrin which gives out 3 speed evs. At least is something. Not sure if there are more trainers like these around the game

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
SOS. Uhm, how the hell do you even trade in this game? Because apperently the game has a few trade only 2hus or were those removed? Like Dark Alice. Already have national dex and defeated 6 Kanto gyms and have seen no trade center in either pokecenter from anywhere

Zeta Sukuna

Years
There are no trade centers. They're technically obtainable in the game, however, they'd be catches later on.

I'll likely be editing some evolutions for the next version, so Dark Alice will likely be one of the ones that will evolve via RainbowShard.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
There are no trade centers. They're technically obtainable in the game, however, they'd be catches later on.

I'll likely be editing some evolutions for the next version, so Dark Alice will likely be one of the ones that will evolve via RainbowShard.
RainbowShard makes alice evolve already. To advent form.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Need some serious help, i seem to be stuck now. Did my 7th gym on the 2nd region and dont even know where to go next to progress in the game. Not sure if i skipped a box of text somewhere but ive "checked" almost if not everywhere and still find my self stuck.

Also Lorelei hasn't comeback yet to the league after pretty much finishing the sevii island, getting the 2 stones for the machine, ect.

Little bugs i noticed too. We still have some namekien language in some signs to the left of Violet city. Invisible 3 tile wall on Route 38 little below to the right of the guy with blond hair and a fat guy with no movement or text inside rhe Cherrygrove pokecenter.

EDIT: Still lost but i found out just now that the 2nd island out of 4 has a broken entrance/invisible wall preventing me from going in. Not sure if a bug or a flag needs to be set to go further. Tensuko is supposed to be in there

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Need some serious help, i seem to be stuck now. Did my 7th gym on the 2nd region and dont even know where to go next to progress in the game. Not sure if i skipped a box of text somewhere but ive "checked" almost if not everywhere and still find my self stuck.

Also Lorelei hasn't comeback yet to the league after pretty much finishing the sevii island, getting the 2 stones for the machine, ect.

Little bugs i noticed too. We still have some namekien language in some signs to the left of Violet city. Invisible 3 tile wall on Route 38 little below to the right of the guy with blond hair and a fat guy with no movement or text inside rhe Cherrygrove pokecenter.

EDIT: Still lost but i found out just now that the 2nd island out of 4 has a broken entrance/invisible wall preventing me from going in. Not sure if a bug or a flag needs to be set to go further. Tensuko is supposed to be in there

1: Did you go to the Radio Tower?
2: That's intentional. She'll be back later.
3: Thanks for pointing those out.
4: And... I don't know how that one happened. It'll be fixed for the next version.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
1: Did you go to the Radio Tower?
2: That's intentional. She'll be back later.
3: Thanks for pointing those out.
4: And... I don't know how that one happened. It'll be fixed for the next version.

I went there and nothing happens. The guy is still blocking the stairs. Which had me running around whole map like crazy trying to figure out what im missing. If it is a bug, Then is a serious one

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Update on the issue with the flag for the redio tower. Idk what the hell i did but after going in and out of thw tower i went back to the 7th gym for no real reason and as soon as i entered, gary came in following and told me about the radio tower. Now i can progress....this was random as hell

Back