• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I just finished the game on Normal Casual (Casual because I'm a newcomer who knows nothing about the series). I'm like a sheep among new players, so I suck at getting good skills on my future kids - i.e. marrying off the wrong people, which has rendered Owain completely useless in battle, and pretty much never using any flying units due to my ineptitude to keep them alive for the battle (they usually suffer the fate of getting shot down so I'm just 'screw it no more flying units for me).

Spoiler:

Anyway, I started a new play file on Hard Casual (I'm still terrible which it comes to this game and I don't want to get anyone killed just yet when I'm still experimenting), and I hope to be more efficient since I read some guides and now know which characters to pair up. Still going to have Avatar marry Chrom though because my kokoro says so. Makes the plot seem more fleshed out, especially when you mix Lucina in. Chapter 21...!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Train. Train more. No really train a bit and bring in people with magic and skills that let them recover hp. Also make sure to bait the warriors at range so counter won't rip you to shreds. Also a healer is a good idea. Oh yeah, don't feel rushed because the thieves have 2 turns after they get the chests before they leave so you have wiggle room to be cautious. (Or just have a bunch of maxed out units come in a kill everyone)
Lol, sending in maxed out units sounds easier...probs going to just do that. Probably also going to get some more DLC when I get more money onto my 3ds...spent it all on HarmoKnight.

I've basically stopped playing Sacred Stones. All my favorite units are dead except for Joshua.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really really love this game! I'm playing on Normal-Casual which was a good idea because losing someone permanently would be too much pressure the first time around (not good with that stuff, haha...). I'm pretty sure I've done everything all wrong though, the leveling, the children, just everything feels harder than it should be because I upclassed a lot of people probably before I should have, and didn't train the people that probably would have been fun to use. Oh well, next time'll be better definitely~!

I've been using..
Avatar/Chrom (usually the ones that end up powering through everything), Nowi/Stahl & Lon'qu/Lissa mostly.

edit: ok I actually started again and this time on Hard-Casual but how am I supposed to level grind? I got Reeking Boxes but that just summoned a ton of Wyvern Riders and the heavily armored ones and I'm only on Chapter 4, there's not a lot of options Chrom and the Avatar keep dying and I have to restart what do I doo ;;

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I started out with Normal Classic for my first playthrough. I'm already used to the permadeath thing *restarts the chapter* I didn't really go for optimal parents and what not for the children, I mostly just leveled everyone up like crazy; thanks to the Reeking Boxes; reclassed, promoted to max out stats, with a little help from stat increasing items to help me along. Pairing everyone up really helps, especially near the end of the game. After I beat the final boss in one attack (I got a critical =.="), I've just been powerleveling everyone to max stats and farming the support conversations. I plan to start multiple saves in order to obtain all of the proposal supports for all characters. Which means playing as both genders and waiting for all the DLC paralogues.

darkpokeball

Years
I have officially recruited every character that has access to support convo's in game except for:
Severa (um...kind of beat the chapter before she talked to Holland)
Libra (...I didn't even know there WAS a Libra in the game until my friend showed him to me. I missed out somehow)
Spoiler:

Everyone has been pretty much maxed-out and I'm ready to use LImit Break on them as well.
One question before I start my new file:
What happens to my DLC? Do I have to buy it again or will it transfer over into the new file?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
C'mon, I know Nintendo wants our money, but they're not crazy enough to try that. :laugh: Once you buy the DLC, it's yours for good. I mean, you do have to finish all the maps and stuff to get the characters and skills again, but that's about it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So far I'm enjoying the game. Up to chapter 7, and been doing the challenges after one disappeared on me when I didn't realise they didn't last forever (or so it seems anyway :<). As standard the characters are enjoyable and much of the dialogue has been pretty entertaining too.

darkpokeball

Years
Started a new file...officially hate Chrom. Don't get me wrong, he's doing great as a unit...but he's hopelessly in love with my avatar(who is a female in my new file.)

For some reason, it takes one kill for Chrom and the avatar to go up a level in support...not kidding, no matter which support. As long as they are next to each other when the kill is made, the next support will be availible. Of course, I want to save my avatar for someone...better to have as a husband, so my current strategy formation always ends up extremely wonky with me placing them far apart from each other on the map.

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Have you guys downloaded the Radiant Hero DLC? It's up right now!

Anyway, just my opinion about this chapter... It's really, really, hard. XD Like seriously, I think this map has to be the toughest and most brutal map in this whole game (yes even the chapter where you get Aversa). I'd say you'd have to really, really level up your units well for this map, or else you'd find your self being outrun by those sword masters and sniped to death by those snipers. :x

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
This chapter totally owned me x.x I have to go and max out my characters' stats before I attempt it again. Not giving any spoilers though :P Go play it yourself.

Though I find the chapter where you get Emmeryn pretty hard too. All she does is get killed before I can even reach her, even when I used units with high movement ranges :/

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
That's what the Rescue staff is for. ;)

Anyways, I haven't played the game for a couple weeks; burnt out on it. Last thing I was trying to do was finish one of the DLC maps (Death's Embrace) which I was having a ton of trouble with since I'm playing on Lunatic.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So I just got this game. Going to start on Hard/Classic because that's the only way Fire Emblem works for me, and I pretty much need a difficult strategy game fix before I start on Advance Wars. Hope the game is as good as Sacred Stones. (and 7, but I haven't played that yet)

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus. Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character

tigerBLADE

Years
So I just got this game. Going to start on Hard/Classic because that's the only way Fire Emblem works for me, and I pretty much need a difficult strategy game fix before I start on Advance Wars. Hope the game is as good as Sacred Stones. (and 7, but I haven't played that yet)

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus. Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character

To be honest, he's only OP in about 5 chapter's in; at least, from what I saw when I put him on the unit team. But, well, he can become stronger, so, he's still pretty good to use~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character
Pretty much what Doronjo said, just don't rely on him too much early on. Be sure to spread the EXP amongst your characters and to use him as a buffer.

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus.
But I will tell you this, this game isn't catering to some sort of otaku demographic with its marriage aspect, and this isn't the first time in the series that they've had it. The marriage aspect is an extension of the relationship mechanic (which strengthens your characters when they're partnered up and also adds something else later on) that has been present in Fire Emblem since the beginning, and the relationships that are developed between the characters are real and actually quite engaging at times. In fact, the marriages themselves aren't very otaku-esque, and they themselves are more unique than anything else. Not to mention that they did really well to develop the characters and make great dialog for the characters, making the social engagements of the game really interesting and often laugh-out-loud entertaining.

I just hope you change your mind on that front, because it's an interesting aspect that really shouldn't be ignored.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
^who said I won't marry anyone with anyone? I know about marriage being on past games. As a matter of fact I'm already trying to pair up my avatar with Lon'Qu. For some reason though, since the male avatar would've been based on myself, it's pretty awkward if I got him to marry for me. (blame Persona 4, where I always went with the romantic social links accidentally and that was pretty awful.)
Well that, and I'm not really liking the females in this game so far, which sucks because I thought past Fire Emblem games always got great female characters. The only one I like is Sully so far, and I only use Lissa for healing. Having a female avatar so far helps in this current sausage fest. lol

Also hot damn, the quest where you recruit Danyllo is a pain without Frederick. I came pretty close to beating it without losing anyone, but I forgot to position Danyllo in a safer place so he died from a bastard archer. (The last one, mind you!) I was so pissed, I even got amazing stats from level ups! Ugh I'll try again tomorrow. The only ones I got that can tank hits are Kellam and my avatar, and even they can only take so much. lol I will not use Frederick for this. Never. I want my stats.

Last edited:

tigerBLADE

Years
Also hot damn, the quest where you recruit Danyllo is a pain without Frederick. I came pretty close to beating it without losing anyone, but I forgot to position Danyllo in a safer place so he died from a bastard archer. (The last one, mind you!) I was so pissed, I even got amazing stats from level ups! Ugh I'll try again tomorrow. The only ones I got that can tank hits are Kellam and my avatar, and even they can only take so much. lol I will not use Frederick for this. Never. I want my stats.

I kind of dislike that quest because it -is- generally a pain in the neck to recruit him. XD Especially on hard mode since he only makes little damage. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back