• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

The Rules
1. No spamming
2. No trolling or bullying
3. No links to outside sites
4. No discrimination of any form
5. Enjoy the club and have fun

Sign-up form

Preferred username [required]
Partner Pokémon [required]
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]
Answer the current topic (Feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one if there isn't a current one) [optional]

Ice-type Pokémon

dewgong.png
cloyster.png
jynx.png
lapras.png
articuno.png
sneasel-f.png
swinub.png
piloswine.png
delibird.png
smoochum.png
castform-snowy.png
snorunt.png
glalie.png
mega_glalie_sprite_by_gnomowladny-d82t9cl.png
spheal.png
sealeo.png
walrein.png
regice.png
snover.png
abomasnow.png
mega_abomasnow_sprite_by_pokedigioh-d7rofen.png
weavile-f.png
glaceon.png
mamoswine.png
froslass.png
rotom-frost.png
vanillite.png
vanillish.png
vanilluxe.png
cubchoo.png
beartic.png
cryogonal.png
kyurem.png
kyurem-black.png
kyurem-white.png
amaura_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6qc5sj.png
woUDfQj.gif
bergmite_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6tdpap.png
iceberg_pokemon___avalugg_by_misterreno-d6riy34.png

Trainers that specialize in Ice-type Pokémon

lorelei_by_antispritetheft-d6mrbss.gif
Lorelei of the Kanto Elite Four
115.gif
Pryce of Mahogany Town (Johto)
glacia_by_antispritetheft-d6mrf2n.gif
Glacia of the Hoenn Elite Four
135.gif
Candice of Snowpoint City (Sinnoh)
053.gif
Brycen of Icirrus City (Unova)
wulfric_sprite_by_gnomowladny-d72ujca.png
Wulfric of Snowbelle City (Kalos)

In-battle effect items (Ice)
NeverMeltIce
Bag_Never-Melt_Ice_Sprite.png
: Boosts the power of Ice-type moves by 20% when held.
Icy Rock
Bag_Icy_Rock_Sprite.png
: Lengthens duration of Hail from 5 turns to 8 turns when used by the holder.
Ice Gem
Bag_Ice_Gem_Sprite.png
: Increases the power of the holder's first Ice-type move by 50%, and is consumed after use.
Chill Drive
Bag_Chill_Drive_Sprite.png
: Makes Techno Blast an Ice-type move if held by Genesect.
Icicle Plate
Bag_Icicle_Plate_Sprite.png
: Raises the power of Ice-type moves by 20%.

Members List

CloysterOyster
091.png

Regeneration
144.png

Powerserge
124.png

Hikari
471.png

Levi
613.png

Narnia
459.png

Avishka
144.png

AlexOzzyCake
378.png

PyroDragneer
478.png

Musaddiq
460.png

ChiliDawgs
471.png

-Ahsan-
478.png

LolPizzaLol
478.png

Peach
473.png

Skitters
225.png

Kyros
461.png

Google 2.0
091.png

Pokemount
362.png

Windy
471.png

Freezey
584.png

Dark Sneasel
215.png

L96
471.png

Cirno
473.png

Umbr30n
461.png

TwilightBlade
131.png

iiSoup
144.png

xVaporeon
087.png

Snow Bunny
087.png

Frazzevous
471.png

Nymphadora
471.png

VanilluxeDeluxe
584.png

Axeliira
699.png

Venitardus
478.png

Atwilko
131.png

AoTora
473.png

Wicked3DS
215.png

ZenonPrototype
471.png

Dots
471.png

TheMaddestMadam
478.png

Dedenne 1
471.png

Foxrally
459.png

Sutpen
091.png

Current topic

Which Ice-type would you give a Mega evolution and why? Would their type change or stay the same? What ability would it have?

Past topics

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Preferred username: Regeneration
Partner Pokémon: Articuno
Answer the current topic
Glaceon! I think all Eeveelutions look absolutely graceful and majestic. :p

Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam! Very reliable.
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?
I love winter and everything along with it. Maybe that's how I associate my fondness of ice types.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Regeneration
Answer the current topic
Glaceon! I think all Eeveelutions look absolutely graceful and majestic. :p

Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam! Very reliable.
I love winter and everything along with it. Maybe that's how I associate my fondness of ice types.

Welcome to the club. Articuno is a perfect choice. I used to have one in the Yellow version. Recently got the holographic card of it too. Ice Beam is my preferred Ice move as well, I used to teach it to whomever could learn it.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Preferred username: Powerserge
Partner Pokémon: Jynx
Answer the current topic: Jynx, because she's no stranger to controversy!
Favorite Ice type move: Aurora Beam, because it is as beautiful as my wifey Jynx~
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: I love Ice-type Pokemon because they represent a sort of grace, mystery, and beauty. They are cold sentinels of the frigid depths!

Years
Welcome to the club. Articuno is a perfect choice. I used to have one in the Yellow version. Recently got the holographic card of it too. Ice Beam is my preferred Ice move as well, I used to teach it to whomever could learn it.
I always prefer moves with 100 accuracy and decent power. Blizzard is totally untrustworthy. I once missed it all five times. It was a disaster. lol ;;

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Powerserge
Partner Pokémon: Jynx
Answer the current topic: Jynx, because she's no stranger to controversy!
Favorite Ice type move: Aurora Beam, because it is as beautiful as my wifey Jynx~
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: I love Ice-type Pokemon because they represent a sort of grace, mystery, and beauty. They are cold sentinels of the frigid depths!

Welcome to the club. Jynx is awesome, a careful seductress/manipulator. Aurora Beam is a great move, I like to pair it with Ice Beam a la Cloyster. Ice types are beautiful and mystical, like Articuno for example.

I always prefer moves with 100 accuracy and decent power. Blizzard is totally untrustworthy. I once missed it all five times. It was a disaster. lol ;;

I love Blizzard. I don't recall if it ever worked in my favor or not though. {XD}

Last edited:
Years
I love Ice-types and joined the previous incarnations of this club so yeah why not join again?

Preferred username: Hikari
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam, cos it's always one of the most reliable Ice attacks!
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: They are beautiful yet strong and most have cool designs.

Answer the current topic: I have quite a few fave Ice-types, notably Lapras, Glaceon, the Swinub and Vanillite lines, and also Kyurem. I'm also one of those few people who actually loves the Vanillite line, I think those floating ice-creams are cute. And Glaceon is among one of my fave Eeveelutions as well!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I love Ice-types and joined the previous incarnations of this club so yeah why not join again?

Preferred username: Hikari
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam, cos it's always one of the most reliable Ice attacks!
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: They are beautiful yet strong and most have cool designs.

Answer the current topic: I have quite a few fave Ice-types, notably Lapras, Glaceon, the Swinub and Vanillite lines, and also Kyurem. I'm also one of those few people who actually loves the Vanillite line, I think those floating ice-creams are cute. And Glaceon is among one of my fave Eeveelutions as well!

Welcome to the club. Yes, Glaceon, that is one of my all-time favorites, Ice or not. I am glad they made an Ice type Eeveelution. Another vote for Ice Beam :) That's alot of Ice types :) Kyurem is special to me, as it can combine with Reshiram and/or Zekrom and become even more powerful. I think Vanillite and its evolutions are fine, I don't see why many hate the ice cream cone design, they're "monsters" after all and monsters can take any form.

Levi

das vogelhaus.
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Preferred username: Levi.
Partner Pokémon: Cubchoo.
Answer the current topic: Cloyster or Weavile... they're really awesome and super helpful in battles.
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam, mostly because of its high damage + 100% accuracy.
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: Even though their defenses are poor, ice pokemon have always helped me take out dragon types which is what I tend to struggle with the most during my in game adventures. There is also the fact that most of them look cool! Jynx was my first ice pokemon and then it was Cloyster and Lapras, so they've been a big part of my pokemon gaming childhood.​

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Levi.
Partner Pokémon: Cubchoo.
Answer the current topic: Cloyster or Weavile... they're really awesome and super helpful in battles.
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam, mostly because of its high damage + 100% accuracy.
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: Even though their defenses are poor, ice pokemon have always helped me take out dragon types which is what I tend to struggle with the most during my in game adventures. There is also the fact that most of them look cool! Jynx was my first ice pokemon and then it was Cloyster and Lapras, so they've been a big part of my pokemon gaming childhood.​

Welcome to the club. Cubchoo's a good choice, cute and evolves into a powerful bear (that can use Aerial Ace much to my surprise). Ooh, you like Cloyster too? I am crazy about Cloyster. I have never had a Weavile but I think I had Sneasel at one point. Ice Beam is becoming quite popular in this club. Ice types are underrrated, as to one reason why this club exists. Ice types are weak against Fire, Fighting, Rock and Steel but put up one heck of a fight.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Preferred username: Narnia
Partner Pokémon: SNOVER

Answer the current topic:

Snover! While its evolution Abomasnow wins in raw power and strength, I personally think Snover is the shining star of the type. It represents some sort of fusion between a yeti and a snow-covered pinetree. It's quite adorable in my eyes and this has always been my reason for favouring it over all others. Sure there are cuter things out there such as Swinub and various other unevolved ice-types, but Snover's ability also lets it win by a landslide. An ice-type that can naturally make it hail wherever it goes is pretty badass, don't you agree?

Favorite Ice type move: AVALANCHEEEE (cause it's really fun to scream out!)

Ice-types are so unique compared to other types. They aren't regarded as the best battlers, but I've always loved playing in snow and the cold, so ice-types are generally something I adore. Although winter isn't my cup of tea, it's also fun sitting indoors sipping hot chocolate and looking at the darkness outside. Winter is related to ice usually, so I suppose that plays a factor as well.

As for the ice-types themselves, I love them for their designs and colour palettes. Generally they have a calming shade of blue somewhere and I've just always been fond of their designs. They can beat the almighty dragons to a pulp when used right, can be tricky and irritating to go up against if you don't have a strategy and in general are a heap of fun to use as well!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Narnia
Partner Pokémon: SNOVER

Snover! While its evolution Abomasnow wins in raw power and strength, I personally think Snover is the shining star of the type. It represents some sort of fusion between a yeti and a snow-covered pinetree. It's quite adorable in my eyes and this has always been my reason for favouring it over all others. Sure there are cuter things out there such as Swinub and various other unevolved ice-types, but Snover's ability also lets it win by a landslide. An ice-type that can naturally make it hail wherever it goes is pretty badass, don't you agree?

Favorite Ice type move: AVALANCHEEEE (cause it's really fun to scream out!)

Ice-types are so unique compared to other types. They aren't regarded as the best battlers, but I've always loved playing in snow and the cold, so ice-types are generally something I adore. Although winter isn't my cup of tea, it's also fun sitting indoors sipping hot chocolate and looking at the darkness outside. Winter is related to ice usually, so I suppose that plays a factor as well.

As for the ice-types themselves, I love them for their designs and colour palettes. Generally they have a calming shade of blue somewhere and I've just always been fond of their designs. They can beat the almighty dragons to a pulp when used right, can be tricky and irritating to go up against if you don't have a strategy and in general are a heap of fun to use as well!

Welcome to the club. I have never played any of the games past Johto but I have been getting myself familiar with everything past Hoenn. Snover and Abomasnow are very unique, a Grass/Ice combination not seen in other Pokémon. I am not familiar with Avalanche either but upon studying it, it seems like a devastating move if used right. Ice types are overlooked and that's why they can be deadly if someone isn't paying attention. Ice type moves were some of my favorite to use when I was playing Pokémon Crystal.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Preferred username: Avishka
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam is the best Ice type move. I know I love using Ice Beam in competitive battling because Ice is super-effective against Dragons, especially Dragonite. and It's just a complete classic and looks awesome. The damage is great, the freezing chance is wonderful, the accuracy is brilliant.
why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: They are beautiful and cute yet strong and most have cool designs. Unfortunately they are so few have this kind of type!Ice-types are so unique compared to other types. I love them for their designs.
Articuno. it's design is awesome and Articuno is a legendary bird Pokémon that can control ice. The flapping of its wings chills the air. As a result, it is said that when this Pokémon flies, snow will fall

tumblr_mbafmuPYxh1qlpahho1_500.jpg

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Avishka
Favorite Ice type move: Ice Beam is the best Ice type move. I know I love using Ice Beam in competitive battling because Ice is super-effective against Dragons, especially Dragonite. and It's just a complete classic and looks awesome. The damage is great, the freezing chance is wonderful, the accuracy is brilliant.
why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: They are beautiful and cute yet strong and most have cool designs. Unfortunately they are so few have this kind of type!Ice-types are so unique compared to other types. I love them for their designs.
Articuno. it's design is awesome and Articuno is a legendary bird Pokémon that can control ice. The flapping of its wings chills the air. As a result, it is said that when this Pokémon flies, snow will fall

tumblr_mbafmuPYxh1qlpahho1_500.jpg

Welcome to the club. Yet another Articuno chosen. Articuno is probably my most favorite Ice type next to Cloyster. Everything about Articuno is mystical and magical. Ice Beam is a great move, I loved using it and waiting to see if my opponent would freeze after using it. Ice types are not looked at as the most powerful but they are flashy when they battle and their moves are devastating if used correctly.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Preferred username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokémon: Regice!
Favorite Ice type move: Could it be anything other than Aurora Beam? Imagine the pure beauty of that move being fired, and then the dazzling beam being enough to stun the enemy into lowering their Attack skill. It's such an elegant way to battle <3
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: I simply love the beauty of Ice types - they're by far the most elegant and graceful of all the types. Sure you get the beasts like Abomasnow and Walrein, and the pranksters like Rotom and Weavile, but every group needs some defenders right? I just love the pure beauty of the general Ice-type battle style haha.

My favourite Ice type is by far Regice - it's the pure meaning of "beauty and the beast". He comes off as this huge hulking lump of ice, so cold and unlovable, but then you see his beauty and grace in battle and that all changes completely. Regice has such interesting stats and capabilities that using him always remains exciting, and with such a diverse range of strategies waiting to be used I've always found him to be very reliable. Usually I'm not a fan of legendary Pokémon in the slightest, but this is one that I'll always make an exception for. <3

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokémon: Regice!
Favorite Ice type move: Could it be anything other than Aurora Beam? Imagine the pure beauty of that move being fired, and then the dazzling beam being enough to stun the enemy into lowering their Attack skill. It's such an elegant way to battle <3
Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?: I simply love the beauty of Ice types - they're by far the most elegant and graceful of all the types. Sure you get the beasts like Abomasnow and Walrein, and the pranksters like Rotom and Weavile, but every group needs some defenders right? I just love the pure beauty of the general Ice-type battle style haha.

My favourite Ice type is by far Regice - it's the pure meaning of "beauty and the beast". He comes off as this huge hulking lump of ice, so cold and unlovable, but then you see his beauty and grace in battle and that all changes completely. Regice has such interesting stats and capabilities that using him always remains exciting, and with such a diverse range of strategies waiting to be used I've always found him to be very reliable. Usually I'm not a fan of legendary Pokémon in the slightest, but this is one that I'll always make an exception for. <3

Welcome to the club. Regice is a good choice, a powerful legendary one. I love Aurora Beam too. I hate how it looks green in the anime now as oppose to back then when it was rainbow in color though. I agree, Ice types are the most elegant and have alot of interesting creatures. I have never played any of the games past Johto but from hearing how amazing they are, I should get a new game someday and learn the new stuff.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the club. Regice is a good choice, a powerful legendary one. I love Aurora Beam too. I hate how it looks green in the anime now as oppose to back then when it was rainbow in color though. I agree, Ice types are the most elegant and have alot of interesting creatures. I have never played any of the games past Johto but from hearing how amazing they are, I should get a new game someday and learn the new stuff.

If you're looking for a new game to play, I suggest anything in Generation 4! They have the most interesting new Ice types in my opinion, mostly because of the huge range created by them. Ice types become aggressive and bulky with the likes of Mamoswine and Abomasnow, then continued to flaunt their grace and beauty with Glaceon and Froslass, whilst still adding some mystery and mischief with the likes of Rotom and Weavile. Although there weren't a huge number of new Ice type Pokémon introduced, it was certainly my favourite generation for them haha.

Does anyone else have a favourite generation for Ice types?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
If you're looking for a new game to play, I suggest anything in Generation 4! They have the most interesting new Ice types in my opinion, mostly because of the huge range created by them. Ice types become aggressive and bulky with the likes of Mamoswine and Abomasnow, then continued to flaunt their grace and beauty with Glaceon and Froslass, whilst still adding some mystery and mischief with the likes of Rotom and Weavile. Although there weren't a huge number of new Ice type Pokémon introduced, it was certainly my favourite generation for them haha.

Does anyone else have a favourite generation for Ice types?

I don't have the right console for the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova era games. I forget the name of it. I haven't bought a new game console or game in so long it's not even funny. I am also trying to figure out how to restore my old ones after the batteries dried up in all of them. :(

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
It's odd, because I never realized how few Ice-types there are. That adds to their allure, to me. They are all pretty different from each other too, except for the blue colors most of them have in common.

I really like how CloysterOyster arranged them all like that....it makes it easier for my mind to analyze the type as a whole.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
It's odd, because I never realized how few Ice-types there are. That adds to their allure, to me. They are all pretty different from each other too, except for the blue colors most of them have in common.

I really like how CloysterOyster arranged them all like that....it makes it easier for my mind to analyze the type as a whole.

I noticed that too and thought there were more Ice types but hopefully they release more soon. I thought the sprite arrangement was pretty cool too, adds a nice touch to the club. I did it with my Electric type Club too and plan on doing more if I'm allowed to in the future.

Sorry if this ends up a double post, but I have changed the current topic for anyone to answer. I will change it every 7 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back