• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Keeps You into Pokemon?

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
The customization and choices that you can make for your pokemon team.

Your 6 pokemon team is probably not the same as someone else's, which you can compare with your friends.

RocketGruntSean

Team Rocket Member
Years
I really Enjoy having different teams of pokemon, and i love shiny hunting, nothing feels better than grinding for hours for that one shiny you have been looking for and then it appears.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 3, 2018
The cutest creatures and all kind of art that you could create based on Pokemon. The creativity keeps me into this game.

Years
These days, only the games keep me occupied enough to be interested to a significant degree, but I think even moreso is talking about Pokemon with others.

Sadly, my interest is waning because I feel like some of the fanbase is getting increasingly (and at some points, unnecessarily) critical in regards of the development of Pokemon games. I mostly blame this on the fact that we're growing up and we're expecting Pokemon games to grow up with us which is a hit or miss mindset to have.

To put it as such, I miss the mindset of everyone just... playing Pokemon games just to have fun and not overanalyzing every little detail about the games. Pokemon exists to be lighthearted and fun, not to be dissected to its very core and I think this attitude is what wears me out more than anything.

/rant.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I grew up with so much Pokémon stuff in my life that I can't even explain why I'm still into the franchise. It just feels like it'll never ever die out in me.
Besides that, I have a really big thing for competitive battling.

Last edited:

Yotes

GameDev
Years
A mix of Nostalgia, a captivating Fantasy World, interesting Mechanics, stellar Music I can work out to, Waifus galore, and my obsession with daydreaming about what it'd be like to be in charge of the Pokemon franchise.

Yeah, I think those are the big reasons I keep coming back.

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
In short: because of all the good aspects, in massive spite of the bad aspects, of which there are an uncountable number of bad aspects.

Everything good about Pokémon is just too good for the rest to bring it down.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It's because Pokemon is part of my childhood, and Pok?mon have introduced several 'mons that become my favorites like Victini, Eevee, and Oshawott among others. Getting some of these merchs at some point relieves some of my good memories on that as well.

Years
Nostalgia, the game that i loved as a child, and still loved until now.. had a moment or two of boredom after extensive playing of the games, but coming back after a while is always a blast! Never get bored of pokemon related things though

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
The games are interesting and funny, and the anime is well-made. The movies sometimes get a little strange, but mostly Pokemon is a light and family-friendly anime series that tries to teach good lessons while getting people totally interested in little beasties they will never be able to have in the real word.

Plus, the anime and movies leave the story incomplete for some characters who are much more interesting than the protagonist, so that's where fan fiction comes in, I guess.

I would love to see spin-offs with different characters' side stories...
Team Rocket--mainly the Team Rocket trio, Jessie, James, and Meowth
Silver
Richie
Neo-Team Rocket--Butch, Cassidy, and Raticate.
Team Skull

I would really like to see Pokemon do something unexpected like put Team Rocket in a heroic protagonist role for once. They wouldn't have to change their characters. They could make them their fourth-wall breaking wise-cracking selves who talk about how cliche the whole plot is or something. They're really good as comedy relief, but they also work as anti-heroes.

Unfortunately, it seems like when Pokemon tries to use the Team Rocket trio as heroes, it's like we're no longer watching an episode of Pokemon. They work better when they work within their bad guy boundaries. For example, when they rescued Meowth from the Island and from Hollywood, when they teamed up with the protagonists to fight against Neo-Team Rocket, and other similar story lines, those were good, but when they tried to rescue that village from giant robots, it just felt wrong. For one thing, what did that have to do with Pokemon?

I'm not really interested in seeing any other characters from Pokemon portrayed as heroes / anti-heroes. I just thought it would be a unique thing to do with Team Rocket's Jessie and James.

Last edited:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I'm not completely sure, just being Pokemon is enough to keep me interested one way or another. I think I'm most fond of the pokemon designs themselves and I'm always excited to see new pokemon added in new games.

Years
Just think the amazing replayibility the games have is what keeps me drawn in until the new releases. I can literally play a Pokemon game thats 13 years old for like the 100th time and still have so much fun doing so, there's not many games out there that offer that for me.

Back