• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could Someone Sprite My Little Brothers Drawings In Gen III Style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Hello, My 9yr old brother is a huge Pokémon fan. He spends most of his time either playing Pokémon or drawing his very own Pokémon. So for Christmas I wanted to surprise him by adding some of his Pokémon to a Fire Red ROM. The only problem is that I'm no good at spriting(and I have tried), so I wanted to know if anyone here would be kind enough to help me sprite my Brother's drawings. I unfortunately cant pay anyone for their work since I'm lacking in the cash department but id greatly appreciate any help with this. I took the liberty of "borrowing" some of his drawings and taking pictures of them, you can find a few of them in the link below. Thanks in Advance!

https://imgur.com/a/sb3tq

Years
It's fine if you don't have the money - we don't really permit commissioning on the forums anyway. I really love the ideas and wanted to surprise your little brother!

I can't promise if I can contribute with helping - but I wanted to post I like your idea but also if you can flip some of photos (some were upside down) and maybe in text as the description describe what animals the designs are based on. I know it's on paper, but it also just makes it a little easier to see as text. c:​

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Thanks! I flipped the photos that were upside down and added a few more pictures. I honestly have no idea what most of the designs are based off of, and since its a surprise I cant go and ask him. He likes dinosaurs and dragons so maybe that's what most of them are based off of. I'll try to figure it out and post them in the pics description.

Years
I'd love to help you surprise your little brother, and I think it's sweet of you to go through the trouble of making this for him! I'll help you sprite atleast a few of these, and if you ever need anything sprited in the future, pm me!

Edit: Finished "Crystal Weilger"
Crystal_Weigler.png
Crystal_Weigler_Back.png
Crystal_Weigler_MENUICON1.png
Crystal_Weigler_MENUICON2.png

Edit: finished "Fampard" http://imgur.com/Fk8tSLy http://imgur.com/0iRqlfp http://imgur.com/a/OWxSh

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Wow! Thanks, they look really nice, I cant wait for him to see it. thanks a lot!

Edit: All the sprites you gave me are on black backgrounds the sprites keep getting messed up when I try to move it, is it possible to switch them to white backgrounds?

Last edited:
Years
Huh? I made them on transparent backgrounds, are you saving them as bitmap (.bmp) files? If, so, save them as .png files, if they are black backgrounds with .png file type, then let me know.

Edit: They're showing up with transparent backgrounds when I save them to my desktop

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The spritesheets Gamefreak uses don't use ACTUAL transparent backgrounds. The first color of a sprite's palette (Color 0) is the background color that becomes transparent in-game. Look at some of the sprites in sprite resource threads to understand what I mean. An actual transparent ackground won't process in-game correctly and will simply default to RGB 0, 0, 0 (solid black).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
The spritesheets Gamefreak uses don't use ACTUAL transparent backgrounds. The first color of a sprite's palette (Color 0) is the background color that becomes transparent in-game. Look at some of the sprites in sprite resource threads to understand what I mean. An actual transparent ackground won't process in-game correctly and will simply default to RGB 0, 0, 0 (solid black).

I know, its working now. But since the sprites he provided have black outlines, it kinda removed the outlines and other black parts from the sprites when trying to fix it in paint.

Years
I don't get it, should I make the backgrounds a different color, and if so, which color? (Plus I barely used solid black in the sprites, most of the black is a bit brighter than solid black)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
I don't get it, should I make the backgrounds a different color, and if so, which color? (Plus I barely used solid black in the sprites, most of the black is a bit brighter than solid black)

Oh, don't worry about, it was something wrong on my part. It was the way I saved it like you said. I was just saying what the original problem was. Its fixed now, thanks again. :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Groyvle, there's no specific background color you have to use. It just has to be a color that isn't used anywhere else on the sprite. If you want consistency with other sprites, you can grab a background color from one of the sprites in the 64x64 resource threads.

1MeenGreenie

Factory Head
Years
Not a sprite, but I did a drawing of "Grifliton" (not sure if that's what it reads). It's very nice of you to surprise your brother! I know my day would have been made if someone had done that for me when I was little.

Spoiler:

If anyone wants to convert it into a sprite/pixel art, please do!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Not a sprite, but I did a drawing of "Grifliton" (not sure if that's what it reads). It's very nice of you to surprise your brother! I know my day would have been made if someone had done that for me when I was little.

Spoiler:

If anyone wants to convert it into a sprite/pixel art, please do!

Oh! That is incredible, thanks so much!

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
Years
This is an awesome idea! I don't consider myself a spriter because I just started today. This is my portfolio.
attachment.php

I will give it a crack when I get home today! And I'll try to make a backsprite too

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Henlo! :]
I've decided to sprite Bulkenmerge for your lil bro:
w2smEQl.png

caKvcw2.png

If I have time, I'll do a backsprite.

EDIT: Fixed the shading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.