• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's More Fun In The Philippines ☆ Filipino Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
What do you think Janet Lim Napoles stands on the Pork Barrel Scam case?
In all honesty, I have not been watching the news lately lmao. I just think she deserves to rot in jail for everything she's done.

How are you guys doing considering Typhoon Yolanda is bombarding the Philippines as we speak?
I'm fine here in Manila, but I'm worried for my relatives in Leyte. Not just for my relatives, but of course, for the rest of my fellow Filipinos. It's not raining much here, but I am expecting a lot of rainfalls this afternoon.

Hope you guys are okay. Take care, everyone!

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
How are you guys doing considering Typhoon Yolanda is bombarding the Philippines as we speak?

I'm from Cebu so I got hit by the typhoon, When I woke up it was still raining then I saw my brother playing his Computer then boom there came the brownout My family didn't have light's for a day,no electricity and no water to take a bath with but luckily we already have water stacked up so we can get ready. :D (It was really hot.)

Master_Bait

にょろーん~
Years
Username: Master_Bait
Partner Pokemon: Espurr
School level: Highschool (yes, i'm safe from K+12)

wow, didn't expect to have so many (if this is considered many) Filipinos here...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So, since everyone I think is reeling from the events of Typhoon Yolanda,

What do you think about the government's response to natural disasters in general?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What do you think about the government's response to natural disasters in general?

Stupidly slow and annoyingly corrupted.
Nakakaawa nang panoorin ang sitwasyon sa affected areas, at nakakabwisit ang "paraan" ng "pagtulong" nang ating gobyerno.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Well, I haven't been watching the news lately, but my social studies teacher talked about the relief goods and donations that are coming from the other countries, and that there are taxes involved so there's a huge delay in the arrival of the donations. Some of my classmates' reactions were like, "Nag-d-donate na nga lang, may taxes pa?" and "Ba't may taxes? Ang dami namang arte."

In my opinion, why can't the government just hurry up? Is it that hard to send relief goods to those in need? And if the tax-thing is true, then why are there taxes involved if it's just donations?

Salzorrah

Years
New topic!

What are you going to do this Christmas?

Well, my aunt is coming home from the US on Tuesday and she's bringing me a 3DS so that's good and I'm more on eating on that day. :P

Last edited:

Text

Wolf
Years
well I am celebrating with family nothing special to do.

And may I be added on the list?

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Not much, really. There's no space in our house anymore to put up a Christmas tree, which we set up every year as a family. Plus, we can't have a Christmas vacay this year 'cause we're saving up money for an iPhone 5C or 5S for my birthday this February, which is my gift for passing the entrance exam at my school.

We're probably just going to watch the Dancing Lights in Makati; we see it every year and it's a great show!

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Username : Trebuh
School Level: Second year college
Partner Pokemon: Medicham

Definitely spend time with family. College is pretty harsh. I dont get to visit them regularly or even at least once a month! Ill just enjoy the holiday and of course get a long rest! :)

Salzorrah

Years
Username : Trebuh
School Level: Second year college
Partner Pokemon: Medicham

Definitely spend time with family. College is pretty harsh. I dont get to visit them regularly or even at least once a month! Ill just enjoy the holiday and of course get a long rest! :)

Welcome to the club Trebuh! I'd say there are so many Filipinos here in PC :) Well, its the season to be jolly since its Christmas! But before that, we students must face the devil known as the finals :]

So, good luck to everyone and may your grades be ever in your favor ;D

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
I was so bored and decided to make this so it can kill my boredom.
Spoiler:

Salzorrah

Years
So... apparently, the UPCAT results were released very early this year!

Did you take the UPCAT? Did you pass? And for those who are in college, what was your first reaction when you took the UPCAT?

Btw...

RXjnPzs.png

What the heck is this? hmmmm!~

CharBrothers

Martin Mystery
Years
Username: CharBrothers.
Partner Pokemon: Tyranitar.
School Level: 2nd Year High School/ Grade 8.

Salzorrah

Years
Happy New Year my fellow Filipinos!

It's a brand new year with brand new aspirations and goals to set! So, how was the vacation? And are you excited to start the year fresh?

Well, my year started off lazily as I was sick and under the weather and tomorrow is our resumption of classes which is not something I would be excited about :[

So, how was the New Year guys?

Salzorrah

Years
*BUMP*

There were some news floating around that the academic year is to be shifted from June-March to September-June to follow most of the world's patterns. Most of the 4 big universities (especially UST) are already following this pattern.

What is your opinion on the academic year being shifted? Do you prefer the current June-March year or the new September-June year?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What is your opinion on the academic year being shifted? Do you prefer the current June-March year or the new September-June year?

I have no input. Why?
'Cuz I don't go to school anymore. :P
I'm busy with work~ <3

But anyway, eh, if it does happen to all schools, then my brother would have something good to celebrate: 5 vacation months before school year starts! {XD}

Salzorrah

Years
Guys, here is another "weather" topic for ya'll! I hope that this club won't die out coz of inactive members ;~;

How are you holding up to the cold weather?

Text

Wolf
Years
Guys, here is another "weather" topic for ya'll! I hope that this club won't die out coz of inactive members ;~;

How are you holding up to the cold weather?

I wear socks and pajamas, Also never turned on the fan slept in thick blankets took a bath in hot water.

also I've applied this Filipino club like November. Still not accepted I believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back