Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:39 AM).
Just call me EC.
  • Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah View Post
Were you wondering more about this specific instance, or was it more in general?
I think it was more about that specific instance, because I've never seen a 500 error pop up on the site. Server is busy messages, fine, that says it all, but when a 500 error pops up, and the site comes back later with little to no communication as to what happened (especially since the 500 error is one of the most vague in the business), it's a little jarring.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:07 AM).
i don't have a user title
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
I think it was more about that specific instance, because I've never seen a 500 error pop up on the site. Server is busy messages, fine, that says it all, but when a 500 error pops up, and the site comes back later with little to no communication as to what happened (especially since the 500 error is one of the most vague in the business), it's a little jarring.
I would tend to agree that transparency from Steve about server issues is important. Even a quick Updates & Changes message from an admin would be greatly appreciated. That being said, Adri did respond to you fairly fast so it's good to know there is some communication going on and hopefully that can keep up. From a users point of view, it is much appreciated.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:01 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Her.
  • Super Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • Discord Moderoid

I really don't think some brief server downtime is something to make a forum announcement about - if it's something longer than a day, instead of the intermittent downtime over three/four hours that it was, then sure. But given PC's propensity towards downtime, it's not something people should think is out of the blue unless it stretches past the usual periods of server downtime.
In the end, this was barely longer than the scheduled server backups we have twice a month.

As for speed in announcements - I think the fact that it was Christmas Day for many is something to remember. Let's keep some perspective.

Quick Reply