• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

J-Grizz

Growlithe is #1
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
YES CANT WAIT!!!!! lol sounds like you have got some good things to come!!!!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
so far, everything gameplay-wise is being finished within a few days, and the pokemon evolution mechanics and other-wise should be finished very quickly, so expect a release 6/14 at 6:14PM EST
there ya go, I figured some pople would think "well what time?" well if its coming out on the 14th, i fthink 6:14 is a good choice

J-Grizz

Growlithe is #1
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
so far, everything gameplay-wise is being finished within a few days, and the pokemon evolution mechanics and other-wise should be finished very quickly, so expect a release 6/14 at 6:14PM EST
there ya go, I figured some pople would think "well what time?" well if its coming out on the 14th, i fthink 6:14 is a good choice

Hahah Awesome haven't been on in a little so its great the day i get on and check is the day you have set for the update lol and love that you gave a time hahaha

Looking forward to playing it there goes my friday night ahhahaha

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
How do i can see IVs and EVs of pokemon?!
I checkes IVs of pokemon which is'nt real!
if u can, add 1 table EVs in Sumary!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
i dont even know what those are, how do you check?

IV's are "Individual Values". They are stats that a Pokémon recieve randomly when generated.
EV's are "Effort Values". These are stats that your Pokémon earn by battling certain kinds of Pokémon.
Training Pokemon for specific stats, using Effort Values, is called EV-training, and is used when creating competetively viable Pokémon for tournaments and such.

You can read more about this on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Love the game so far, my only problem I have is the speed of the EXP bars. Why is it so slow? It takes around 3 seconds to only get halfway, it's really annoying. You planning on fixing it?

I can't double post, so here's basically the glitches I found so far:
Road 3 doesn't seem to have any Pokemon appearing no matter how hard I try.
The Grunt sequence after the first Gym wasn't working properly, after they came towards me it would freeze and nothing would happen. Fixed it by re-extracting the game files.
The gym in Cyan town can teleport you to the next city if you go out the Red Door in the second room, with no way of getting back because the Bidoof tree is still fallen. I intentionally had my Pokemon faint to teleport me back to Cyan.

The first gym is extra hard because there's no where to grind, I just farmed a bunch of coins in Voltorb Flip and bought a Dratini to get by it. I realize I shouldn't spoil the Bulbasaur event, but it doesn't obey you if you haven't beaten the First Gym yet because it's OT isn't you. Please fix this, it was kind of annoying.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Love the game so far, my only problem I have is the speed of the EXP bars. Why is it so slow? It takes around 3 seconds to only get halfway, it's really annoying. You planning on fixing it?

I can't double post, so here's basically the glitches I found so far:
Road 3 doesn't seem to have any Pokemon appearing no matter how hard I try.
The Grunt sequence after the first Gym wasn't working properly, after they came towards me it would freeze and nothing would happen. Fixed it by re-extracting the game files.
The gym in Cyan town can teleport you to the next city if you go out the Red Door in the second room, with no way of getting back because the Bidoof tree is still fallen. I intentionally had my Pokemon faint to teleport me back to Cyan.

The first gym is extra hard because there's no where to grind, I just farmed a bunch of coins in Voltorb Flip and bought a Dratini to get by it. I realize I shouldn't spoil the Bulbasaur event, but it doesn't obey you if you haven't beaten the First Gym yet because it's OT isn't you. Please fix this, it was kind of annoying.
wow, I'll look into those, it seems like a few minor eventing errors of mine x.x
I tested it but i guess i didnt do that, so thanks for bringing it up; as for the no encounters i think I know the problem and i may or may not have fixed it before i sent the release (i cant remember if i fixed it then sent it out or afterwards but im tempted to say after considering your dilema)
I was gunna make the bulbasaur's trainer trash as a joke, but i see the problem you mentioned so for the sake of players needing a strong pokemon, i'll change it - and add some stronger pokemon to road three

again, thanks for mentioning these problems, and as for the exp thing i'll look into it for sure, but my options are limited as a not even beginner coder
--------------------------------
on to updates, it's been a while, and I've been working on the future (of the game and future tiles :P)

here is a test map of how the future will look:
test_map_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6d38ju.png

I've been tinkering around with thedarkheroalistair+kyledove's, erma96's and light-pa's tiles creating this masterpiece of a tileset - its all been customized and tweeked by me, and I've added some custom stuff into it too, and the PC is heavily edited with a custom door of mine that comfortably fits HG/SS sprites as you see here:
customdoor.png

well, let me know what you think (I know there is an opening at the top of the mountain, it is going to be a staircase but I havent finished making stairs like that yet)

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
As a sort of update to keep you guys informed, I'm taking new screenshots to update the old ones, as I have change several things and they havent been added - I'm also going to try and make everything on the front page all up to date and not old and gross :P

next on my list is to complete the characters (such as the gym leaders really) in addition to that, I'm thinking of changing the professor
currently the professor is professor Hastings
I was thinking of making a new one instead of using an old one (from a different game/universe)
the name would either be Zelkov(male) or Maple(female)
personally I'm leaning more towards maple, but what do you guys think?
next on the list, I'm updating the detective (incase you havent reached that far i'll fill you in) basically the detective has a mysterious past and is a key role in the story development - I've (even from the beginning) basing him off of looker, but now I'm going even further with it and making him actually be looker, and explain his past more, as well as fitting in the allusion that he is like the tenth doctor from doctor who (as I'm sure you're all aware of this theory)
I'm thinking of whether or not he should remain agathis, and basically say thats his real name since looker is a codename that he mentions, or if he should just remain looker
finally I'm going to (once again) redo the intro, hopefully with the new professor and make it a little interesting for you guys

any and all ideas are welcome if you feel the need to mention them, I'll gladly take them all into consideration
(as for Charblade111, I have worked on everything you said and everything should be working correctly now, I've implemented the encounters on road 3, and made bulbasaur join your party as your opokemon, and not owned by trash, but still keeping it's hidden ability)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I say maple since it would actually go with the pattern from the real games. Good luck.
irrelevant, as both names are chosen since they are both trees
other suggestions were palm, or bonsai, but I kinda like maple more - but in defense of all the names, they are all types of trees (zelkov sounds more interesting though, and someone mentioned it would give him a russian aspect that may make him more notable than most other professors)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hey guys, I spent a while updating everything on the front page (I just saw how old the shots were x.x)
and I've added the gym leaders (I hadn't that that before because they weren't all done) I'm still working on a few things but that's it for now - also, If anyone wants to fill the position of Fairy type, or suggest a name for the ground type leader, feel free to give me suggestions

Now, I'm off to create professor maple

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Just started playing your game and I like it so far just a few things I want to point out. I dont know if anyone has mentioned this either so sorry if they have

I'm playing the 3.0 version

Beat the first gym leader and went into the second area was told that he wasn't in and to come back later so I decided to use the second blue door (the one in his area) instead of walking all the way back out and was put out in the second city the map said i was still in the first city.
Spoiler:

also i had a full team before i even stepped foot in to the gym maybe putting the game center in the first town wasn't a great idea.

and lastly while grinding on route 1 i noticed that if i approach the "cliffs" that go up and down i can jump up the cliff if i'm on the side with grass and can't jump off into the grass.

p.s.
Spoiler:

Another thing I have noticed is that the abra i got from the game center will only teleport me to my house.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Just started playing your game and I like it so far just a few things I want to point out. I dont know if anyone has mentioned this either so sorry if they have

I'm playing the 3.0 version

Beat the first gym leader and went into the second area was told that he wasn't in and to come back later so I decided to use the second blue door (the one in his area) instead of walking all the way back out and was put out in the second city the map said i was still in the first city.
Spoiler:

also i had a full team before i even stepped foot in to the gym maybe putting the game center in the first town wasn't a great idea.

and lastly while grinding on route 1 i noticed that if i approach the "cliffs" that go up and down i can jump up the cliff if i'm on the side with grass and can't jump off into the grass.

p.s.
Spoiler:

Another thing I have noticed is that the abra i got from the game center will only teleport me to my house.

I have noticed a few problems, and this one was pretty glitchy for reasons >.>
I've fixed most of the events, buts I'm going to give them all a once over before I release it again xD
as for the game corner, if someone has that much time on their hands good for them, but as for me, i dont spend most of my time there (though I may change that for something else now that you mention it)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I've been feeling great due to little small victories that have built up confidence to tackle larger obstacles and the outcome is far better than ever expected!
due to this, you can expect VAST changes with the game on Friday

Thats right! an update is expected on this upcoming Friday - and the game will be so different you'll swear you're playing a totally different game!

I could get an updated release out by the end of today if I wanted to actually, but I'm pushing it to Friday so I can polish up existing stuff, and make things perfect so there wont be (as many) bugs as the last one, and so I can FINALLY work on new stuff and areas, etc

I'm not gunna go into the details too much, but everything is looking great and you'll all be surprised at what's coming up

Basically what I'm doing now is some Overdue clean up - I've fixed every problem (at least I think I have o-o) that was mentioned (except the slow EXP gain) and I've successfully moved all the essential maps into a clean version of my game - and cleaned up the database entirely (deleting outdated and unused tiles and organizing it all) my next step is added encounters on all needed maps, then a mix of adding/changing trainers, and testing the game
I'm most likely going to do a quick test run of my game as is and test everything while fixing things I see wrong, then add new trainers and change others

Once all that mess is done my next step is cleaning up my Graphics folder (it is appalling) the characters folder is a total mess - I'm going to make/edit all the OW's to fit their trainer sprite, and make them have the same number, while leaving the extras (that I like) to be added NPC's (much like the essential's newer character's folder - since I used the old ass one hahaha) then delete anything I'm not using anymore, and cleaning it all up, then clean up my audio folder (though not much should change there)

AFTERWARDS I'll test EVERYTHING and fix anything I need to and finally let the game out into the world
-basically this one will be the least likely to have glitches, as well as the smallest (with all the uneeded space consuming crap deleted)

Due to these massive changes, It will be impossible to use your old saves (as the maps have all been changed and the database has been raped) but from this point onward, you should be able to update freely
I really am sorry about that inconvenience, but it is what it is :/

Anyway, get excited because this one is looking to be the best one so far!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Sorry for the delay! There were MANY MANY problems that lead to massive derailment of progress x.x However, finally (after an all nighter of delays and ****) I give you the -hopefully- clean version of my game thus far! I personally have tested everything, and I found no problems (if you do let me know) and with a LV100 ivysaur on my quick run through I got about an hour's worth of game in, so there is at least an hour of gameplay for you guys!\

Game: http://www.mediafire.com/?h7s1bww90w1swzg
Audio1: http://www.mediafire.com/?2bsds5j25x1o7d6
Audio2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ajkhni1ord1g1bc

For the record, I personally tested everything you can do and found no errors, if you come across any, please let me know via PM or even here - but all known errors should be fixed in this one! (I also think this is the best release so far)

=====EDIT=====
I have updated the "game" download (as I never tested "EVERYTHING" only some of the things >.>)
there were 2 events I planned that got messed up 1 which is annoying and I scrapped for this release, and the other which was easily remedied, and then improved - Basically for anyone (and I am probably referring to no one) who started the game already, dont worry, just replace the "1st game folder" with this one and you should be good

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Well, seeing as no one noticed my last post, this is a good time to show off the (final?) Intro title screen

It'll be this for a while, until I feel it has lived it's life and done its job, and am in need of a new one :P
bran_new_intro_screen_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6hfbsj.png

now that I've finished showing the picture to myself, I will continue to let myself know that progress is going well, I'm debating as top where to go from here, but there will be several new maps, and a continuing story, as well as refinement of the current part (it sort of cuts off near ardiger and the Mt. Cratos is very poor in terms of content) I'm also going to implement "The under" that has been alluded to in several instances - but it will probably be put under several changes, however it will be making an appearance in the next update, as well as the route and town after Aekin, and I'll probably cut it off there, or maybe I'll introduce the first graphical shift in the dream world...Opinions? thoughts? comments? what would you like to see in the next update? How long will I continue talking to myself?

well after that wall of text (TlDr) just get excited

Back