• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'm guessing there won't be a cycling road or a bike for our big hero? Maybe instead of a bike the hero can ride around in an ice cream truck.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I'm guessing there won't be a cycling road or a bike for our big hero? Maybe instead of a bike the hero can ride around in an ice cream truck.

I think Le said he's going to have a scooter. An ice cream truck sounds more like a boat-ride substitution for me, but this hack is going to be serious, by the looks of it.

Anyways, I'm glad you're continuing this project Le. The maps and the tiles overall look fantastic.
I was wonder how come the Magnemite family isn't Tech type, but I guess it's because it's already a dual type Pokémon.

So, if you need any graphic help, especially OWs, send a message my way.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I think Le said he's going to have a scooter. An ice cream truck sounds more like a boat-ride substitution for me, but this hack is going to be serious, by the looks of it.

Anyways, I'm glad you're continuing this project Le. The maps and the tiles overall look fantastic.
I was wonder how come the Magnemite family isn't Tech type, but I guess it's because it's already a dual type Pokémon.

So, if you need any graphic help, especially OWs, send a message my way.

Yeah the fat kid will have a controllable boat in the game and that'll be in the northern area where there will be colder waters and he can't swim or use his pokemon to surf. there will be a highway system between three major towns and cities to help with transient times and that'll be by car. (of course it'll be closed until you've reached all three points and then you can use it)

and yeah we were discussing it and magnemite is already a dual type and didn't want to retype too many pokemon plus if you really think about it, sure magnets are used in technology a lot but magnets and magnetism are more natural than they are technologically created but thats neither here nor there ... besides, with all the evos of the tech type and what not, there are like 30 pokemon overall that will have a tech type and we didn't want to make it too common, it's only slightly rarer than i think dark or whatever.

Also, I appreciate it riddler. Always glad to have you on board!

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
Wow, this is looking really cool! Been watching this since I finally made an account here. Great job with the storyline, the tech type sounds awesome! This is one hack that I'll definitely be playing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I NEED TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS! Please! I went to the chat and noone was there! I want to help with the Over Worlds Sprites and Dialogue! I have to this game is my dream game! It's so fat!

Le pug

Years
Hello everyone, I hope all is well in the PC.
I've been busy for the past couple of weeks since I was yet again on deployment. However, during my time under the sea, I did have some free time to work on Fat Kid. I don't have the files now to show screenshots or gifs but I just wanted to update everyone that Fat Kid is being worked on and things are going well.
I've implemented some great scripts and mini games into the hack and they were not easy to make ... I mean, one route has like 200 scripts and it seems as though the average amount of lines of script for each script was around 300 lol. All and all the hack is coming out greatly and I think anyone who is interested in playing it will enjoy it and see how much work has gone into it.
As for a Beta 1 release date, I'm prone to giving out false hope so I won't say when. I've finished many maps and scripted 75% of them. I have two cities to script on top of a cave and like six routes. So it'll be some work but at least the end product will be nice. The hack is being taken seriously even though it is supposed to be comic in general. There are many great events that have the player exploring and leaving the player with many choices of things to do.
I know the fan base for Discovery is much greater than Fat Kid and maybe that has to do with the title alone or Discovery having a more unique story line or even that it has a beta, but right now I'm trying to dish out the first Fat Kid beta and then I will work on Discovery. Stay tuned for images and updates and all that jazz

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I just found this, and I can say is this is quite the plot here! It looks like it could be a lot of fun and I'd love to see the communities ideas! If I can, I'll contribute at times as well! I hope you can make this a success!

Years
Wow your hacks look all unique and nice Le pug! You have my support and I hope that you will continue working on these awesome hacks :D

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Been doing significant progress on Fat Kid as usual. Starting the hardest map for the first beta now ... which is a city with large buildings so I have to script a lot lol but it'll be awesome in the end. Also, I finished up the Fat Kid's scooter. Take a look (if you want to try and take a whack at making a better scooter than me then let me know):

[hd]m4vH9cIR4qE[/hd]

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
Been doing significant progress on Fat Kid as usual. Starting the hardest map for the first beta now ... which is a city with large buildings so I have to script a lot lol but it'll be awesome in the end. Also, I finished up the Fat Kid's scooter. Take a look (if you want to try and take a whack at making a better scooter than me then let me know):

[hd]m4vH9cIR4qE[/hd]
I've started to think that this hack is pretty funny. ^_^ I do really love your project. Keep up the good work.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I know the fan base for Discovery is much greater than Fat Kid and maybe that has to do with the title alone or Discovery having a more unique story line or even that it has a beta[.]

Me, that was due to the heavily-impressive presentation. I mean, you even got a live-action trailer!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Thank you for the update Le Pug, I am pumped for the Fat Kid Beta, but even more pumped for Discovery. Discovery is probably the best Pokemon Hack I've ever played, and I can't wait for the next update

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Thank you for the update Le Pug, I am pumped for the Fat Kid Beta, but even more pumped for Discovery. Discovery is probably the best Pokemon Hack I've ever played, and I can't wait for the next update
I don't see any update yet, because the progress is still the same (: Maybe the hack maker is more into his life matters... too bad :/

Years
This is one of the best creative hacks I ever seen along with your other hack Le pug , love the layout and that the hack is based on one of characters that are in the games.

Back