• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
That also would be the reason why when we look on the town map it shows 3 of the Sevii Islands, depending on where you are (sometimes two).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm so happy of how the tower turned up. As always I've recreated the interior, so the puzzles are gonna be different. Now you can go to the top and catch that nice Ho-Oh (beware, you can still run away, if you wish, but you'll lose your chance of capturing it)
Only thing though, I hope you don't mind a little increase in its level (from 40 to 45), reason for this is that the guys from Nintendo gave it Whirlwind, and it enjoyed using it (what a coward legendary, jaja!:laugh:)

With this finished I'll go to Route 44, once I finish it (and the battle against Carlos), it'll be time for playing it once again, while taking screenshots. Then, I'll create the patch, and start posting the screenshots till I reach my 2nd Goal, and then, it's the Beta! Judging from the rythm, the B3 should be out sometime around next week... (It's just an estimate, I need to do a few of my things also...)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Wow zel, you work so fast!
It's great to hear that B3 is coming out. It seems like we'll be able to do much more then we could ever do in any betas! Plus a legendairy pokemon!
Ho-Oh is so cool. I think it's cooler then Moltres, them both being Fire-Bird Legendairies.
Okay going off topic.
Anyways, sweet! I can't wait for B3!

:D

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
OMG!! Next week?! Call me a slow player all you want, but I downloaded this two weeks ago, and I'm still only at the 3rd gym leader!! NOOOO!!! By the way, do you think it would work to patch B3 onto the patched B2? It's pretty great that you're moving so fast, but I can hardly keep up, lol! :D

Sweet, so we can trade? I don't care about Union room, just as long as trading works!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
woah cool b3 comin out sooon i expected it to take a little longer but zel your awesome at hacking so i was wrong ^^

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
And here comes number three. You've been making excellent progress for sure with Shiny Gold zel. And the pirates who's selling your hack should be ashamed. No kidding, shame on you! I look forward to yet another beta from you bud. Take it easy.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
Well, I haven't tried to use the Link to test it... And... I think trading pokes caught in a hack wouldn't be like coughcheatingcough...?
And you are right 'bout the "jaja, jeje, jojo". There are a few things I can't get rid of, jojo!

It depends... If I have too many ideas, the scripting could take longer (specially when Kanto's gonna be filled with a few new rivals, and those two...)

Of course. Only the things after the Ice cave (included) won't be in B3.

Yes, TR is crap... Fortunately I'll give'em better lineups for the Hard Version.
And... Not sure yet about when to give the player the GS-Ball. (Razmaster, I still have your idea in my mind!)

The problem is that it would be strange. And, I have killed his sprite to make Silver, I think I told you this before. It's pointless to lose a sprite for a small cameo. Sorry, but still, no.

I'm not a too democratic person, lol
If there's something that I really feel needs to be consulted, I'd do, though.
But you're right 'bout the poll. I'm gonna ask to delete it.

Definitely not my sense of humor. Even though it may seem strange, you are not the first person that tells me this (Mr.Snrub told me by PM before).
Well... I have searched the texts using A-Text, and I didn't found such string. So, I guess there's something rare in your rom (perhaps an old patch?, or a bad dump?)

B3 luckily will have the following screen, right at the beginning, jaja! that is my sense of humor... :laugh:

jajaos1.png

I found this string XD

Go look for the words 'so fat' in Advance-Text. The first result should be something like this:

Your Mum is so fat she eats

children for breakfast and
lunch.

and the offset should be 4283391.

rofl.jpg
If you don't believe me :D

Anyways, besides that humorous comment, I hope you good luck on your Beta 3. Not that I can say much. :P

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
So... I went to that offset in my Hex-Editor, and this I found on my ROM...

thingycu3.png

At least we know that it relates to the Corruption of the Save File (which should happen if you don't use the Flash 128K thing, as far as I remember...). But why does it say other thing to other people... XD??????????

See as there are also the other weird messages close by? Perhaps the guy who dumped some roms had an evil sense of humor and edited the messages. JAJAJAJAJA!!! XD!!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
AGH!! It's programming!! Is that literally what you have to type? Well, it'd be worth it to create the pokemon game of my dreams.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
If Zel really gonna include that foreword in the beginning of the game? I guess it seems okay, but I think it would be odd having that forewood in the final completed release of SG. You do what you like. ;)

It will be nice to re-explore Tin Tower...just hope the path to the top isn't too complex. I mean, I did get lost and spend time trying to get through Tin Tower. Well it's not like it's wrong, but it could annoy some players. Oh well...a little change won't hurt. I'll get over it. :)

AGH!! It's programming!! Is that literally what you have to type? Well, it'd be worth it to create the pokemon game of my dreams.

Man, who knew hacking would be so complex?! I guess you really have to put effort and know about these sort of things to be able to create a good hack...I gotta learn how to do so. No doubt Zel's got skill...let's hope he knows what he's doing (well obviously he does). :D

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
So... I went to that offset in my Hex-Editor, and this I found on my ROM...

At least we know that it relates to the Corruption of the Save File (which should happen if you don't use the Flash 128K thing, as far as I remember...). But why does it say other thing to other people... XD??????????

See as there are also the other weird messages close by? Perhaps the guy who dumped some roms had an evil sense of humor and edited the messages. JAJAJAJAJA!!! XD!!!

wow i guess you cant trust people to give you a clean dump huh? Besides on text capabilities, zel do you use actual ASM hacking or do you use an app to do your amazing graphics.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Okay well its good to know that there's an actual offset for that common dis at the beggining of the FR rom, I've got it too and I searched it up on A-Text (Advance-Text) and found no results, so I'll use that offset and erase it... Or change it to something more humorous:D

Ayena

LiL HacKer
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2007
Wow this hack is really good i love it :D. You have to add kanto region
bye sweet

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2007
Hey, good hack, Zel! Keep up the good work! Your hack's not just awesome, but it's way way way better than any other remake of Pokemon Gold and Silver! I mean, man, I thought remaking Gold with Pokemon FireRed would be almost impossible, but, boy, do you make it look easy!

Oh, yes, and like Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen, make sure you do add a few houses and few extra people in the towns and cities. And try to lengthen or slighty change some of the stuff the townspeople say. Because the people in FireRed and LeafGreen do say exactly the same stuff that the people in Pokemon Red and Blue do, but only with a slight difference in words or something else. Also you should try and make it so that the guy in the breeding center gives you a random egg, which can hatch into either Pichu or Elekid! I know, that kind of egg is only in Crystal version, and you're remaking Gold, but still, PLEASE remake that feature! Or, at least make Pikachu available in Johto early. It won't hurt, there are wild Gyarados in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, although there weren't any in Pokemon Red or Blue. It would instead be a nice touch and cheer up lots of Pikachu fans.

By the way, if you're remaking the Tin Tower as well as the Whirl Islands completely instead of remaking the old maps, then I'm expecting lots of trouble! It was quite difficult to get through both dungeons, although I did get through the Whirl Islands myself. I got through the Tin Tower with the help of a walkthrough.

And maybe you could think of changing the gym leaders' Pokemon's levels and also changing other miscellaneous trainers' Pokemon's levels as well. You should also try to make it possible to get elemental stones like Fire Stones and Thunder Stones early in the game and available for buying in the Goldenrod PokeMart. You could instead, however, invent some small little 'Stone Shop' in Ecruteak or Cianwood where you can buy almost all stones, except for the Sun Stones. You could also make the Moon Stones available, but at a quite high price, noting the Clefairy ceremony in Gold, Silver and Crystal. And spruce up the gyms a little with a few more trainers, and make the Kanto gym leaders stronger, with Hoenn Pokemon.

And if you say that you can get all Pokemon in this game, how would you get Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres? They're not available in GSC.

But anyways, I wish you very good luck and happiness in finishing your hack. Your hack deserves, and will always deserve to be the King of all hacks. I have never ever seen a better hack before. And please take my advice, it might be essential in your road to completing Pokemon Shiny Gold, the ultimate remake of Pokemon Gold Version!!!

By the way, sorry if I talked too much. I was only trying to help you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
1. Well, if you jump back a couple pages, he's said a couple times that he will release two versions; One that is a complete remake, and then another, harder remake.

2. He'd probably just not edit where they are. I don't know, but all 386 will be included.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
From Mr.Dragonite
And if you say that you can get all Pokemon in this game, how would you get Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres? They're not available in GSC

You can get those ldgendaries in GSC by going to Kanto... which will be in Shiny gold.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
You can get those ldgendaries in GSC by going to Kanto... which will be in Shiny gold.

actually mewtwo and the original 3 legendary birds aren't available in gsc but zel said all the pokemon would be obtainable in the hack so i'm guessing they'll be in sg

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
If Zel really gonna include that foreword in the beginning of the game? I guess it seems okay, but I think it would be odd having that forewood in the final completed release of SG. You do what you like. ;)

It will be nice to re-explore Tin Tower...just hope the path to the top isn't too complex. I mean, I did get lost and spend time trying to get through Tin Tower. Well it's not like it's wrong, but it could annoy some players. Oh well...a little change won't hurt. I'll get over it. :)

Man, who knew hacking would be so complex?! I guess you really have to put effort and know about these sort of things to be able to create a good hack...I gotta learn how to do so. No doubt Zel's got skill...let's hope he knows what he's doing (well obviously he does). :D

Foreword-Why not having it also in the final version? It could scare some people? :badsmile:
Tin Tower-Well, I don't think it's too complex... That is only if you don't aim to get the items...
Hacking Complex?-Don't get scared... An Hex-Editor is the tool I use mainly for when I'm searching for free space for my scripts, or when I need to fix stuff from my scripts (because I tend to make my scripts so compact that they overwrite themselves XP). Of course, there's some more complicated stuff that I do with it... I'm sure some other people, like the Gold hackers use it a lot more than I...

zel do you use actual ASM hacking or do you use an app to do your amazing graphics.

Huh? ASM? That's some freaking hard stuff to do, from what I've read.
To do my graphics? For now I'm mainly revamping stuff from Gold, and using AdvanceMap to insert tiles...

Oh, yes, and like Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen, make sure you do add a few houses and few extra people in the towns and cities. And try to lengthen or slighty change some of the stuff the townspeople say. Because the people in FireRed and LeafGreen do say exactly the same stuff that the people in Pokemon Red and Blue do, but only with a slight difference in words or something else. Also you should try and make it so that the guy in the breeding center gives you a random egg, which can hatch into either Pichu or Elekid! I know, that kind of egg is only in Crystal version, and you're remaking Gold, but still, PLEASE remake that feature! Or, at least make Pikachu available in Johto early. It won't hurt, there are wild Gyarados in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, although there weren't any in Pokemon Red or Blue. It would instead be a nice touch and cheer up lots of Pikachu fans.

By the way, if you're remaking the Tin Tower as well as the Whirl Islands completely instead of remaking the old maps, then I'm expecting lots of trouble! It was quite difficult to get through both dungeons, although I did get through the Whirl Islands myself. I got through the Tin Tower with the help of a walkthrough.

And maybe you could think of changing the gym leaders' Pokemon's levels and also changing other miscellaneous trainers' Pokemon's levels as well. You should also try to make it possible to get elemental stones like Fire Stones and Thunder Stones early in the game and available for buying in the Goldenrod PokeMart. You could instead, however, invent some small little 'Stone Shop' in Ecruteak or Cianwood where you can buy almost all stones, except for the Sun Stones. You could also make the Moon Stones available, but at a quite high price, noting the Clefairy ceremony in Gold, Silver and Crystal. And spruce up the gyms a little with a few more trainers, and make the Kanto gym leaders stronger, with Hoenn Pokemon.

And if you say that you can get all Pokemon in this game, how would you get Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres? They're not available in GSC.

lol... What a long post with lots of stuff... :shocked:

Well... Fortunately my answer will be quite short. For now, I'm just mainly remaking the original game, adding a few things I want. Don't think I'm gonna make things as Nintendo would, because, after all, they're a lot of people, and... I'm just doing this for hobby...

I will think about an event to give that yellow rat, and I'll hide it very carefully... :P But you'll have to wait, since I've finished the patch, and I'll start to play to test and take screenshots...

But, I'll do that tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back