The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Internet & Technology
What do you think about such cryptocurrencies like bitcoin?

Internet & Technology Here's where we nerd out about the world wide web and all forms of technology!

Old March 27th, 2018 (9:38 AM).

Is it really to get much money with them?
    Old March 27th, 2018 (10:54 AM).
    We come close to find Singularity

Nature: Adamant
    Disappointing given the potential it had as a theory. In the past it was a novel idea, and for a time gained unprecedented marketplace support, and that was all just peachy until everybody shifted focus to try and make a buck with it after it already ballooned.

The people who bought early enough and bought large enough amounts of it are basically pumping-and-dumping it into irrelevancy by the sheer weight of their wealth. In all other kinds of securities, this practise is illegal, and for good reason, as we can see. It is why governments are looking to regulate it, because like every other kind of fiat it cannot subsist in freefall and remain useful.
    Old March 27th, 2018 (11:42 AM).

There’s room for cryptos to grow; only now are they getting mainstream. A recommendation to look into if anyone is interested in investing is Nano.
    Old March 28th, 2018 (2:32 PM).
    Banned

Nature: Naive
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
      Is it really to get much money with them?
      I think that it's a good way for earning extra money but only if you have a start capital and you really know what you do. It's rather easy to learn how to make operations with them, the main thing is buy for lower prices and then sell for higher ones but these prices change so fast and unpredictably that it's really hard to catch the moment for them :smile: Considering that you'll need to spend really much time with monitoring them and be fast with your operations when the time comes. Mining as another popular strategy is more convinient in this way but will cost you much more because for it you'll need to buy expensive hardware and software equipment really often, besides don't forget about the costs for electricity. In this case many users usually spend more money for all that stuff than get from their mining. As a better one for such case cloud mining is considered, it's an upgrade of the previous one because for it you sign up a contract with a special company and you pay only for its service, avoiding all that costs which I mentioned above. It's a great advantage for cloud mining but you won't have all control for the operations and you should be also very careful with choosing your company because many of them are trivial scam. But there are really safe ones too, experienced miners usually recommend in this case such companies as Hashnest, Eobot, Hashflare http://hashflarecode.com/ and Genesis Mining.
      I don't know how good cryptocurrencies are for investments for the long perspective but at the current time many guys earn with them at least several thousands of dollars per month. So in my opinion it's a good way for additional 'work' to your main one.
      Old March 28th, 2018 (9:34 PM).

I only use them for illegal drugs.
      Old March 29th, 2018 (11:05 AM).

There's nothing real about it. It's some people saying "Hey, this is worth something and you should believe in it and trade real money for it, and please ignore that I'm saying this because I have more of it and your agreeing to use it just makes me richer."

It's sketchy. Plus it's a huge waste of electricity.
      Old March 31st, 2018 (2:42 PM).
      Arid trainer

Nature: Hardy
      I'd be more willing to care about cryptocurrencies if I could, you know, actually somehow easily get/buy them.

As of now, it's just too convoluted despite their advantages/disadvantages.
      Old April 3rd, 2018 (5:22 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2018 by Ganondorf.

I despise them and view them purely as a fad. Because they're not controlled in some way, their value fluctuates greatly from day to day, hour to hour, and so make for an extremely unreliable method of payment. You also have to put in a lot of money initially just to get very little back, to get back what you spent initially would probably take until the heat death of the universe at the rates you can get them right now. In addition, with such a variation in value, it can get extremely high and then freefall, something that could cause a lot of instability, and one moment you could be rich, and the next moment you'd be better off selling your rig because you'd make more money.

In addition, with people purchasing computer parts in bulk and driving up prices is another reason I hate them. I want to build a computer but now I can't afford it because the parts I want are almost double the prices they should be, and with a terrible dollar right now, it puts it even further out of reach.

If banks start doing cryptocurrencies and introduce some form of stability to them, I'd be more accepting of it, but with the way cryptocurrencies just show up left, right, and center, with little to no afterthought, it's not worth it at all to get involved in it right now.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Moderator of Internet & Technology - Signature Image
      Old April 24th, 2018 (2:20 AM).

i think bitcoin was very profitable for people who mined it or bought it few years ago. There wwas time whan one could actually become rich with them. But even then smart people have preffered to conbert it to something more reliable - investment in a real estate for example. may be i'm an old-fashion person, but flat in a good place with a growing market like in Greece looks more interesting for me whan cryptocurrency. https://tranio.com/articles/why-real-estate-prices-in-greece-are-set-to-rise_5445/
        Old May 26th, 2018 (5:18 AM).

Perhaps the right idea, but a few years ago a small group of people knew about it
          Old May 26th, 2018 (5:54 AM). Edited May 27th, 2018 by Luke_Simmons.
          Banned

The problem is that if banks make their own crypto-currencies, then their concept will be lost in some way. Especially since there is already Ripple in this form. The price should be regulated by demand, as in the concept of anarchy of capitalism, although it is far from perfect. I prefer the use of tokens as a way to attract capital to replace the classic IPO. Thus, I invest a certain amount in such new projects, but I do not forget and follow there https://changevisor.com/bitcoin-best-rate-sell for more common crypto-currencies in my portfolio.

Quick Reply