The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Red Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2009 (5:24 AM).
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
    Im Downloading this one >3 Hope it'll be Fun
    Haha *giggles* =3

-Yasumin >3 YOur Sweet Friend ^_^
    Old May 20th, 2009 (7:00 AM). Edited May 20th, 2009 by NecromancingSaga.
    Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Nature: Gentle
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh! View Post
      Ah thanks for the fast reply. Hehe sorry i didn't know that it exists since Red. This sounds really good ;)
      that glitch is used to get the shiny ditto in GSC.

CBM,the hacker of the year, is great to see new pics of the FINAL quest, im expecting high level pkmn fights...
      Old May 20th, 2009 (3:58 PM).

Well here is my second time saying this since nobody bothered to help me

I found a glitch i guess, on my first rival battle it wouldn't let me chose my move. It always chose growl.

Spoiler:
        • Changing Sprites
        • Changing Maps
        • Adding trainers
        • Changing starters
        • Making Fakemon
        • Adding Fakemon

I may not be a good hacker, but I'm good at spriting!

Hack(s) I suport:
        Spoiler:

Old May 20th, 2009 (4:12 PM).
        Order. Stability. Progress.

CBM, what area is pictured in the latest screenshot?

Old May 20th, 2009 (11:10 PM).
          Clan Deity Reviver

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Silver0ice7 View Post
            Well here is my second time saying this since nobody bothered to help me

I found a glitch i guess, on my first rival battle it wouldn't let me chose my move. It always chose growl.

Use the newest patch... >_>

Click here to level up my license!

Pokemon D/P Code; 0774-3568-7521
            Name; NATALIE

Brawl Code; 0946-3682-0404 - Millz

Youtube Account; Demonic12321 - Look at it to see some battles, and more.

Old May 21st, 2009 (4:11 PM).

I'm sorry if someone already asked this or if it was in an update post but 18 pages is a lot to search through and i can't get the search function to work right so... are there elemental stones in this game? if so where do i get them?
              Old May 21st, 2009 (4:41 PM).
              Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Quote:
                Originally Posted by joemustard View Post
                I'm sorry if someone already asked this or if it was in an update post but 18 pages is a lot to search through and i can't get the search function to work right so... are there elemental stones in this game? if so where do i get them?
                i think that they are in the same place as always, the mart of hayward, the big mart.

hey you just made me doubt about that :P
                Old May 21st, 2009 (4:54 PM).

It's alright if you don't answer this, obviously, but is there a specific requirement to access the final quest, like a specific amount of pokemon captured, or can we go right to it after the Elite Four? Would you describe it as an actual story-related event, or it's more of an extra with high-level trainers, many goodies, and no plot addition?
                  Old May 21st, 2009 (4:56 PM).

I checked there. The Wiseman's gift section is something else and it only sells TM's
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NecromancingSaga View Post
                    i think that they are in the same place as always, the mart of hayward, the big mart.

hey you just made me doubt about that :P
                    Old May 21st, 2009 (5:29 PM).
                    Veteran Hacker

I changed the shops in the latest beta. The stones are now in various cities. Hint: The Water Stone is in the same city as the water GYM leader. Can you guess where the others are? It's the same except for the Fire Stone, which is near a spooky place.
                      Old May 23rd, 2009 (12:27 PM).

Nature: Brave
                        The new events sound promising. Did you know that your Brown and Prism games are so well known, that Bulbapedia mentioned them on their page "Hack games"?

Anywho, some more questions that are more on your life rather than Brown:

1) How did you get the names of Rijon and Naljo?
                        2) How do you pronounce Rijon? (Ree-Jon?)
                        3) What made you change from M-Rated hacking (Fukemon) to official-like hacking?
                        4) Why did you change the font back to normal in Brown 2.0? (not that it is a problem)
                        Old May 24th, 2009 (5:41 AM).
                        Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
                          I've found something odd in Brown, forgive me if it's been pointed out before, or if I'm running an old patch and haven't realised, but there's a glitchy area:

(I've had to give the images as attachments as apparently linking isn't allowed with <15 posts..)

1. In Botan City, at the south end of town, there's a body of water.
                          2. Surf and follow the water, and it leads to a small house.
                          3. Inside the house is glitched for me. I can't move, nor can I fly/dig out.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Also to say Pokemon Brown is without doubt, the best Pokemon ROM Hack I've ever had the pleasure of playing :) Infinite thumbs up, KBM.

EDIT: Oh, and the Readme file accompanying (what I think) is the latest release of Brown, the first line refers to it as 'Prism Beta II' XD
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png Pokemon Brown.png‎ (2.6 KB, 27 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          File Type: png Pokemon Brown2.png‎ (3.2 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          File Type: png Pokemon Brown3.png‎ (2.6 KB, 32 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Old May 24th, 2009 (10:08 AM).

I turned the game on and my game is erased! none my saves work! terrible glitch! title screen glitch!
                            Old May 24th, 2009 (11:55 AM).
                            Experienced Spriter

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
                              Here's a screenshot of one part of the new area.

And yes, you will be able to get new Pokemon in the new area. Think there's only 220 Pokemon? Think again. There's also a certain disk in here that I know you're all looking for.
                              Wow, I think you just made everyone here as curious as hell by saying only these 3 things.. :D
                              Old May 24th, 2009 (11:58 AM). Edited May 24th, 2009 by mattman324.
                              Run to the hills, run for your lives!

Nature: Naive
                                OK, I have a glitch on the latest release, but no screenshots.

Basically, I went to get the good rod. Normal, right? Well, when I went inside the house, everything was normal. I talk to the guy, and I see no text. None. Zip. Nada. After about half a minute of pressing "a" (at 10 times speed), part of the screen goes glitch city, and the "yes, no" question appears. I said yes, get the good rod, and the man disappears.

EDIT: And to the guy before me, the dubious disk methinks?

EDIT 2: Another glitch...
                                I'm currently grinding in the mansion (with the virus scan) My hitmonlee is first. Suddenly, a ditto appears. I smile, and use rolling kick. It didn't Okao, and the Ditto used SLEEP POWDER! It hits, and puts me to sleep. Whatever, I'll just wait for the wake up. Then the Ditto used HORN DRILL (but I was a higher level) and ENDURE! It never used transform. Is there any reason for this? (I didn't have pokeballs with me, so I couldn't catch it.

EDIT 3: Riakou is uncatchable. Who'da thought it?

EDIT 4: Until I brought out Pidgeyot. Odd. Ah well, Koolboyman, your fast!
                                Old May 24th, 2009 (12:46 PM).

Also, there's a Bird Keeper near Owsauri (I think), who says "Fearow. Kill." before the battle, and then calls out a Spearow followed by a Natu. :paranoid:
                                  Either it's a glitch or he's quite a bit ahead in time. :P
                                  Old May 24th, 2009 (5:50 PM). Edited May 24th, 2009 by Coolboyman.
                                  Veteran Hacker

Since there are two game breaking glitches, I've decided to put a new update on there. It fixes that house and makes it so gastlies aren't in Slowpoke well anymore. Just patch to a clean Red ROM.

And Mattman I just tried everything you said and nothing glitchy happened. Ditto knows transform, AND the Good rod giver works fine.

And herr, that trainer is trying to make his Spearow something it's not. See, I'm adding depth to non important NPC's.
                                    Old May 24th, 2009 (6:05 PM).

Before rijon. I'm playing it now. Very nice.

^^old name (iDOLHACKS)^^

I have a legit shiny Rayquaza.

My FC: 0044 4881 9653
                                      Old May 25th, 2009 (4:50 PM).
                                      Run to the hills, run for your lives!

Nature: Naive
                                        It doesn't matter, niether glitches are gamebreaking. The one with the ditto only happened once, and that was near the sign-switch at the top right. The other one... I don't know. Also, I did find another glitch, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was...
                                        Old May 26th, 2009 (8:33 AM).

So yeah, I just beat the game (well, all that there is to do so far), and I must say, it was an amazing experience. It was great being able to go back to the first generation, but with all these new additions that made it feel like it's own new game. It was very well done and I had a great time the whole way through, the areas were well designed, the story had some intriguing elements, and just overall, things like the new Poke'mon, etc. helped made it into an experience I never thought would've been possible before. Amazing job, and I eagerly await the Final Quest, and the whole "Think there's only 220 Poke'mon? Think again." thing has me very intriguied as well. I personally hope that the Final Quest included high leveled Poke'mon with levels ranging from level 70 to above, for added challenge :P

One thing though, now, this is just my opinion on the matter (it's not a glitch or anything), and I can understand if you made it that way because it's the way you wanted it:
                                          Spoiler:

I feel like the selection of Poke'mon you battle in the Rijon League wasn't as varied as you'd expect, you know? The biggest example being is that you fight the second Elite Four member, Jared, who uses Poison type Poke'mon. Alright, I thought that was actually pretty interesting. But then, next match you end up seeing Agatha, who basically uses the same type as him. I mean, yeah, she's more of a Ghost theme trainer (and that's seen with the addition of Mismagius on her team), but at the same time, she has two Poke'mon the previous trainer had (Arbok and Crobat). Now I know you added them for tradition (since it was Agatha's team), but I feel like it would've been better to either have added only Ghosts to her team (to make it look less repetitive in fighting the same type) or just changing the previous Elite 4's type completely. Now, this is just my opinion, and you don't have to follow it if you don't agree with it or had a certain reason for making the Elite 4 the way they are. Another thing was a little more minor but I thought I'd point it out. In the Elite 4 (assuming you chose Bulbasaur), you could end up fighting Charizard THREE times, which I thought would be a little dull (I chose Charizard so I only fought other Charizard twice :P). I personally would suggest making the last trainer's Poke'mon Typlosion (if you want it to be a starter fire type) or even another powerful Fire type that no one could have seen at that point in the game. For Drake, I can understand why give him Charizard, but maybe replace it with something else? I mean, it wouldn't be so horrible if it's just one Charizard, and then a person choosing Bulbasaur would have to fight another one in the Champion battle, so you can leave it at that, thought it'd be interesting if you'd replace Charizard with a 3rd/4th Generation Dragon we didn't even think you put in, like Salamence or Garchomp :P
                                          Anyway, again, my opinion, no need to feel obligated in changing anything in the Elite Four.

Also, another thing I've noticed though, some of the TMs are randomly screwed up for some Poke'mon. Like, I could teach Scyther Swift, but then once I evolved it into a Scizor, it couldn't learn Swift by TM (but at the same time, I saw that one Scizor in that cave by the first town use Swift). Also, one question, why is Shadow Ball a Dark type move? Is that on purpose? Also, why can't Crobat learn it? It could always learn it in the other games :P

Anyway, the game's been amazing up to this point, like I've said, and I can not wait enough for that Final Quest :P Don't feel rushed or anything though, take your time on completing it, and when you feel it's ready, then release it, we can wait, don't worry :)
                                          Old May 27th, 2009 (6:09 PM).
                                          Spirit Of Radio

The "ditto's secret move" glitch is still in (since the original red) [If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the one that allows ditto to get a nameless move that's hex number is 00. However, the type is now "normal" instead of "cooltrainer"]
                                            When you try to use pp up, it still says that it can't be used, and if you use an ether on the glitch move, the game freezes if used on the first slot. The second slot also is nameless, but
                                            ether can be used on it. (the past two apply to switching moves 1 with 2) The third move also allows ether to be used, but the fourth slot glitches up. (for switching 3 and 1) or the 3rd move glitches up when ether is used, but the 4th move allows ether to be used (for move 4 with 1)

However, it is pointless to use ether because in battle, only the 1st move can be used (at least I don't know how to use them)

Depending on which two moves are switched, the number of blank moves changes (only 2 if you switch the 1st 2 moves and 4 if you switch the 1st move with the 3rd or 4th) and the effect of ether changes too (no matter what, using ether on the 1st will freeze the game, but use it on the 2nd move, and it works)
                                            Old May 30th, 2009 (4:22 AM).
                                            torferno lvl-X torferno lvl-X is offline
                                            learning asm

So far the new Brown has been amazing, I really like the fact that you left a lot of the original Green, Red, Blue and Yellow sprites in. Though, there are some slight problems, on an emulator the game works fine, but when I transfer it to my gameboy flash cart the new added sprites have horizontal lines through them as if someone used the Microsoft paint eraser to create them. The only reason I know it isn't my gameboy is because the old sprites work fine. (trainer sprites etc.) It is just a glitch which I would like to poinnt out but it doesn't detract from the overall experience:).

I'm a spriter for

Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
                                              Tom's PokePet

Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

For All GBC hackers!
                                              Old May 31st, 2009 (10:05 AM).
                                              Experienced Spriter

could you show/give us some more hints for the next release, please?
                                                Is the final version going to be in color?
                                                Old May 31st, 2009 (11:07 AM).
                                                Roxasabridged Roxasabridged is offline
                                                Lucariowner

Um, It already is in colour.
                                                  Old May 31st, 2009 (11:43 AM).
                                                  NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
                                                  Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Roxasabridged View Post
                                                    Um, It already is in colour.
                                                    its in SGB colors, but i think he means GBC colors like the screenshots that MMM posted. I guess that the answer will be "no"
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply