The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 4th, 2016 (7:53 PM). Edited November 8th, 2017 by mej71.
mej71's Avatar
mej71 mej71 is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Omnipresence
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,222
    This script adds following pokemon to your game (you have to provide your own OW sprites). It is an updated version from the current script tutorial, but modified so that if all goes in one script section.

    Fixes in this version:
    Spoiler:

    # * Combined all into one script section for ease of installation
    # * Added setting to allow/disallow cycling through pokemon in field
    # * Added tone effect to following pokemon if statused (this is pretty neato. You can turn this off with a setting)
    # * Fixed follower grass animations
    # * NPCs won't walk over the follower
    # * Fixed crash caused by toggling follower when loading a map sometimes
    # * Fixed follower not talking in the rain
    # * Added a few more specific file checks to the sprite changing
    # * Prevent some HM usage when having a nonfollower dependent event
    # so hopefully this will lead more towards support for regular dependent events
    # * Your followers don't automatically turn when you do, so it looks more natural
    # * There's a setting now to make pokemon always animate while you're standing still
    # Note that flying, levitating, or any pokemon species specified will always animate
    # regardless of this settings

    Please follow these instructions closely.
    Add this script in a new section above the main (and below the compiler).
    Save your game, and close RPG Maker (important).
    Download this file
    Now download these graphics
    Go into your game folder, and from that to your Data folder. Add the Animations.rxdata file you just downloaded. It will ask if you want to replace the current file, you will say yes.
    Now, go back to the main folder, and go into the Graphics folder. From there, go into the Animations folder. Here you will extract the graphics you downloaded (emo.png, emo2,png, and Pokemon-Follow.png). Make sure to extract them, not just stick the .rar file in here.
    Now the script is installed.
    To use this script, we simply need to make two events.

    The first one will simply be a blank event. This event will be turned into our dependent event when we trigger it.
    It should look like this (can be any ID)


    Our second event will be the one that triggers it. It can trigger in whatever way (touch, on a different page, a conditional, etc), but it must use the script you see here: pbPokemonFollow(X)
    X refers to the ID of our first event.
    Please note that these events should be on the same map.


    And that should pretty much be it.
    Remember, this is a standalone script and needs no other changes to your scripts to work. So if you mess something up, it's probably not due to this script.

    Script Version: 1.4
    Credits required: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

    I've made a few important changes since I first posted, please update
    Edit: One more update for following script. There were a lot of problems in the old version with switching and toggling, especially while surfing/biking. Those are fixed. Water pokemon always animate in the water. Added exception array for mons that fit always animating criteria but you don't want them to animate. Added a fix for event transfers
    Edit 2: Fixed blacking out issue, and a couple other refreshing issues.

    Edit 3: Updated to v17 only, reflection support removed due to conflicts

    Also, mini tutorial time. The script to force the sprite to refresh is
    Code:
    $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
    To force the sprite to update it's position(call this after a transfer) add this script
    Code:
    $NeedFollowerUpdate=true
    Reply With Quote
      #2    
    Old January 4th, 2016 (11:18 PM). Edited January 5th, 2016 by ItachiVolcanion.
    ItachiVolcanion ItachiVolcanion is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2015
      Location: Vietnam
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 43
      I tried to follow these instructions closely, with a blank Dependent Event, and another event on the same map.
      But when I tried to load the recent save file, it gave me an error: Before install the script, I can't go through impassable tiles , but after install the script, I can go through all impassable tiles ( not the character). Then after I tried to reinstall the script , I tried to load the recent save file and it gave me another error.
      Quote:
      ---------------------------
      Pokemon Mystery Evolution
      ---------------------------
      Script 'Following Pokemon' line 1421: NoMethodError occurred.

      undefined method `realEvents' for #<DependentEvents:0x8923de0>
      ---------------------------
      OK
      ---------------------------
      Then I tried to start an new game,but when I call pbPokemonFollow(2), it gave me another error.
      Quote:
      ---------------------------
      Pokemon Mystery Evolution
      ---------------------------
      Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

      Script error within event 9, map 351 (Red's house):

      Exception: NoMethodError

      Message: Section187:1421:in `old_update_wb'undefined method `realEvents' for #<DependentEvents:0x74f4d00>

      ***Full script:

      pbPokemonFollow(2)


      Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

      Following Pokemon:1418:in `each'

      Following Pokemon:1418:in `old_update_wb'

      Special Animation:533:in `old_update'

      Special Animation:724:in `klein_mapcon_update'

      Special Animation:858:in `water_old_update'

      Water Bubbles:176:in `pheno_old_update'

      Phenomenos:362:in `updateOldFL'

      Simple HUD:41:in `update'

      Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'


      ---------------------------
      OK
      ---------------------------
      Please help me... Thank you.
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old January 4th, 2016 (11:28 PM).
      mej71's Avatar
      mej71 mej71 is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2014
        Location: Omnipresence
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,222
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ItachiVolcanion View Post
        I tried to follow these instructions closely, with a blank Dependent Event, and another event on the same map.
        But when I tried to load the recent save file, it gave me an error: Before install the script, I can't go through impassable tiles , but after install the script, I can go through all impassable tiles ( not the character). Then after I tried to reinstall the script , I tried to load the recent save file and it gave me another error.

        Then I tried to start an new game,but when I call pbPokemonFollow(2), it gave me another error.

        Please help me... Thank you.
        This has been fixed, please recopy the script, I have made a few changes. Also, please do not quote the initial post in a reply. It's assumed that's who you're replying to unless you say otherwise, and it makes for unnecessary clutter.
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old January 5th, 2016 (10:07 PM).
        Super Dedenne's Avatar
        Super Dedenne Super Dedenne is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2014
          Gender: Other
          Posts: 31
          Gasp!! Reflection support?! My goodness! That's actually one of the best additions to this. Now it feels pretty complete (being plug n' play is a huge plus too!)

          But uh... How come you have the def for Come_back but don't call it anywhere else like Ray's 1.3? Once you're done Surfing, your following Pokemon doesn't reappear.
          __________________
          Public Additions/Snippets:
          Trainer Outfit: Acro/MachBike Fix
          (Needs 15.1 update) Pokemon Summary Add-On: Improved Ribbons + Scroll!
          I might release some of my private plug-n'-play scripts in the future.
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old January 5th, 2016 (10:55 PM).
          Rot8er_ConeX's Avatar
          Rot8er_ConeX Rot8er_ConeX is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2015
            Location: The Dissa Region
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 822
            I'm kinda Frankenstein'ing this and 1.3 together because I had to do the same for v16 and my game. I managed to add in your status tones subroutine no problem. But I'm having trouble adding reflection support.

            I tried copying this code into my game, but it throws an error as soon as I start up a file:
            Code:
             
            class Spriteset_Map
             
              alias follower_update update
              def update
                follower_update
                #add to reflected sprites if not already
                if $game_player.pbHasDependentEvents? && !$game_temp.player_transferring
                  for i in [email protected]
                    if @usersprites[i].is_a?(DependentEventSprites)
                      @followersprite = @usersprites[i]
                      event = $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.realEvents[0]
                      count = 0
                      fsprite = nil
                      for sprite in @reflectedSprites
                        if sprite.event == event
                          if count==1 #if there are multiple of this same event
                            sprite.dispose
                            @reflectedSprites.delete(sprite)
                            @reflectedSprites.delete(fsprite) if fsprite
                          else
                            fsprite = sprite
                            count = 1
                          end
                        end
                      end
                      if count==0 || fsprite.nil?
                        @reflectedSprites.push(ReflectedSprite.new(@usersprites[i].sprites[0],event,@viewport1))
                        follower_update
                      elsif fsprite || fsprite.transfer
                        @reflectedSprites.delete(fsprite)
                        fsprite.dispose
                        @reflectedSprites.push(ReflectedSprite.new(@usersprites[i].sprites[0],event,@viewport1))
                        follower_update
                      end
                      break
                    end
                  end
                end
              end
             
            end
             
            class ReflectedSprite
             
              alias follow_update update
              def update
                return false if [email protected] || @rsprite.nil? || @rsprite.disposed?
                ret=follow_update
                return ret
              end
             
            end
            The line in red is giving the error because realEvents does not exist as a property of that class.
            __________________
            Features of Pokemon Entropy

            The black circular "doodles" in the lower right corner of my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old January 5th, 2016 (11:44 PM).
            Telemetius's Avatar
            Telemetius Telemetius is offline
            Tele*
               
              Join Date: Nov 2014
              Location: Italy
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 267
              Say I want to keep my existing custom battle animations without replacing Animations.rpgxp and I really don't care about the pokemon emoticons.
              What should I remove from the code?
              __________________

              That way!
              I thought..uhm, ok.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Beta 50%
              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old January 6th, 2016 (7:06 AM).
              mej71's Avatar
              mej71 mej71 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2014
                Location: Omnipresence
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 1,222
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Super Dedenne View Post
                Gasp!! Reflection support?! My goodness! That's actually one of the best additions to this. Now it feels pretty complete (being plug n' play is a huge plus too!)

                But uh... How come you have the def for Come_back but don't call it anywhere else like Ray's 1.3? Once you're done Surfing, your following Pokemon doesn't reappear.
                I've updated the script to include this, as well as added a small fix to their placement (when you stop surfing they should appear beside you instead of in the water)

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rot8er_ConeX View Post
                I'm kinda Frankenstein'ing this and 1.3 together because I had to do the same for v16 and my game. I managed to add in your status tones subroutine no problem. But I'm having trouble adding reflection support.

                I tried copying this code into my game, but it throws an error as soon as I start up a file:

                The line in red is giving the error because realEvents does not exist as a property of that class.
                The script was already updated to fix that, please recopy.
                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old January 6th, 2016 (1:09 PM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by Super Dedenne.
                Super Dedenne's Avatar
                Super Dedenne Super Dedenne is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2014
                  Gender: Other
                  Posts: 31
                  Huh... Sorry for bugging you, but I've found yet another quirk (on a clean project).

                  Say you're facing your Following Pokemon, you Save the game, you close it and Continue...
                  Your Pokemon is no longer facing you and could stand either behind you, facing another direction, or standing in a adjacent tile, sometimes even impassable ones. Sometimes, if the impassable tile is a water one, it'll stand right on top of the player after Continuing.

                  Of course, none of this happens if you're not facing your Pokemon when you Save/Continue.

                  Edit: Ha, I hadn't realized this had occurred with regular Dependent Events for the longest time, regardless of version or if I had a Pokemon Following script or not. I quickly found a fix to this, however.

                  You can fix this by editing pbMapChangeMoveDependentEvents in the original DependentEvent's script. Or you can comment out the last instance of it at the veeeery bottom. I just changed it so it doesn't try to reposition the Pokemon after a map change (or map refresh). Helps a lot with map transfers looking less ugly, actually. Not sure how you want to go about it though!
                  __________________
                  Public Additions/Snippets:
                  Trainer Outfit: Acro/MachBike Fix
                  (Needs 15.1 update) Pokemon Summary Add-On: Improved Ribbons + Scroll!
                  I might release some of my private plug-n'-play scripts in the future.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9    
                  Old January 6th, 2016 (2:06 PM).
                  crispybacon1234's Avatar
                  crispybacon1234 crispybacon1234 is offline
                  Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green Developer
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2014
                    Location: United Kingdom
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 99
                    First off, thanks for bringing this script back to life. Previously it was very buggy and you've done a great job fixing some of those bugs.

                    I was wondering if this script works with versions of Essentials below v16. I'm currently using Kleinstudio's BW Essentials v3.1.1 which is essentially a modified v15.1. I'm aware that there were lots of script changes between v15.1 and v16, but whenever I talk to my Pokémon it asks if I would like to surf.

                    Is there a way around this, or would it involve editing a lot of the script? Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
                    __________________


                    Developing Pokémon Infernal Red and Natural Green! (links below)
                    Demo 1.2.0 Trailer!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyre_UmMGg
                    Pokécommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=350900
                    Reply With Quote
                      #10    
                    Old January 6th, 2016 (2:53 PM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by mej71.
                    mej71's Avatar
                    mej71 mej71 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2014
                      Location: Omnipresence
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,222
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Super Dedenne View Post
                      Huh... Sorry for bugging you, but I've found yet another quirk (on a clean project).

                      Say you're facing your Following Pokemon, you Save the game, you close it and Continue...
                      Your Pokemon is no longer facing you and could stand either behind you, facing another direction, or standing in a adjacent tile, sometimes even impassable ones. Sometimes, if the impassable tile is a water one, it'll stand right on top of the player after Continuing.

                      Of course, none of this happens if you're not facing your Pokemon when you Save/Continue.

                      Edit: Ha, I hadn't realized this had occurred with regular Dependent Events for the longest time, regardless of version or if I had a Pokemon Following script or not. I quickly found a fix to this, however.

                      You can fix this by editing pbMapChangeMoveDependentEvents in the original DependentEvent's script. Or you can comment out the last instance of it at the veeeery bottom. I just changed it so it doesn't try to reposition the Pokemon after a map change (or map refresh). Helps a lot with map transfers looking less ugly, actually. Not sure how you want to go about it though!
                      I've applied that fix to the script, thanks. Doesn't seem to have an effect on map transfers honestly, but at least it fixes the save thing.

                      There weren't that many changes from v15, mostly just terrain tags and a few other methods. However, most of those are just things that would crash your game. Asking you to surf makes no sense, I don't see what would cause that.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #11    
                      Old January 6th, 2016 (6:22 PM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by messiaslucas.
                      messiaslucas messiaslucas is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2016
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1
                        Excellent, but could better support the doors, add to tutorial support for the Pokemon Center, a tutorial on moving the follower Pokemon.

                        But if you really want to improve the script of course.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #12    
                        Old January 7th, 2016 (10:18 AM). Edited January 7th, 2016 by crispybacon1234.
                        crispybacon1234's Avatar
                        crispybacon1234 crispybacon1234 is offline
                        Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green Developer
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2014
                          Location: United Kingdom
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 99
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by mej71 View Post
                          There weren't that many changes from v15, mostly just terrain tags and a few other methods. However, most of those are just things that would crash your game. Asking you to surf makes no sense, I don't see what would cause that.
                          I reinstalled the script and set the switches and variables again. Apparently my brain didn't recognise that ItemWalk was also a variable. The script is working fine now.

                          As for actual bugs with the script, whenever you stop sprinting and stand still the following Pokémon still appears to be sprinting on the spot. Any way to fix this?

                          EDIT: When you switch Pokémon while surfing the new Pokémon will appear on your head, regardless of type.

                          EDIT 2: NPC events can walk through your following Pokémon.
                          __________________


                          Developing Pokémon Infernal Red and Natural Green! (links below)
                          Demo 1.2.0 Trailer!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyre_UmMGg
                          Pokécommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=350900
                          Reply With Quote
                            #13    
                          Old January 8th, 2016 (11:30 AM).
                          mewlover22's Avatar
                          mewlover22 mewlover22 is offline
                          Pokemon Creator
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: South Carolina
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 346
                            Great to see this one back but as a plug and play version just one question if i don't have walking sprites for a few pokemon will that mess up the script in anyway?
                            __________________
                            This signature has been disabled.
                            Signature exceeds 600px width limit.
                            Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                            You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                            Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #14    
                            Old January 8th, 2016 (12:40 PM).
                            mej71's Avatar
                            mej71 mej71 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2014
                              Location: Omnipresence
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1,222
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
                              Great to see this one back but as a plug and play version just one question if i don't have walking sprites for a few pokemon will that mess up the script in anyway?
                              Other than those sprites not showing up, no. I believe the animations will still play though.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #15    
                              Old January 9th, 2016 (11:11 PM).
                              airmax airmax is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2016
                                Gender: Other
                                Posts: 22
                                Code:
                                ---------------------------
                                Pokemon Essentials
                                ---------------------------
                                Exception: RuntimeError
                                
                                Message: Script error within event 6, map 2 (Lappet Town):
                                
                                Exception: NoMethodError
                                
                                Message: Section003:123:in `effect?'undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass
                                
                                ***Full script:
                                
                                pbPokemonFollow(17)
                                
                                
                                Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                
                                RPG__Sprite:434:in `effect?'
                                
                                RPG__Sprite:433:in `each'
                                
                                RPG__Sprite:433:in `effect?'
                                
                                AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
                                
                                AnimationSprite:88:in `follower_update'
                                
                                AnimationSprite:87:in `each'
                                
                                AnimationSprite:87:in `follower_update'
                                
                                Followers:1511:in `update'
                                
                                Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
                                
                                
                                
                                Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                
                                Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
                                
                                Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
                                
                                Interpreter:193:in `update'
                                
                                Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                                
                                Interpreter:198:in `update'
                                
                                Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'
                                
                                Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
                                
                                Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'
                                
                                Followers:1371:in `update'
                                
                                
                                
                                This exception was logged in 
                                
                                C:\Users\us\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
                                
                                Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                ---------------------------
                                OK   
                                ---------------------------
                                Any thing? I'm using a clean version of essentials. It occurs when I talk to the npc.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #16    
                                Old January 10th, 2016 (1:43 AM).
                                mej71's Avatar
                                mej71 mej71 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2014
                                  Location: Omnipresence
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 1,222
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by airmax View Post
                                  Code:
                                  ---------------------------
                                  Pokemon Essentials
                                  ---------------------------
                                  Exception: RuntimeError
                                  
                                  Message: Script error within event 6, map 2 (Lappet Town):
                                  
                                  Exception: NoMethodError
                                  
                                  Message: Section003:123:in `effect?'undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass
                                  
                                  ***Full script:
                                  
                                  pbPokemonFollow(17)
                                  
                                  
                                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                  Any thing? I'm using a clean version of essentials. It occurs when I talk to the npc.
                                  You did not follow the installation instructions exactly.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17    
                                  Old January 10th, 2016 (9:59 AM).
                                  Sharazel's Avatar
                                  Sharazel Sharazel is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2015
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 65
                                    Ok I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/UN22OtU.png
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #18    
                                    Old January 10th, 2016 (9:45 PM).
                                    mej71's Avatar
                                    mej71 mej71 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2014
                                      Location: Omnipresence
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,222
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Sharazel View Post
                                      Ok I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/UN22OtU.png
                                      This script was written for v16, as indicated by the title. I may include support for older versions soon, but not currently.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #19    
                                      Old January 10th, 2016 (11:07 PM).
                                      mej71's Avatar
                                      mej71 mej71 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2014
                                        Location: Omnipresence
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 1,222
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by crispybacon1234 View Post
                                        First off, thanks for bringing this script back to life. Previously it was very buggy and you've done a great job fixing some of those bugs.

                                        I was wondering if this script works with versions of Essentials below v16. I'm currently using Kleinstudio's BW Essentials v3.1.1 which is essentially a modified v15.1. I'm aware that there were lots of script changes between v15.1 and v16, but whenever I talk to my Pokémon it asks if I would like to surf.

                                        Is there a way around this, or would it involve editing a lot of the script? Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Sharazel View Post
                                        Ok I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/UN22OtU.png
                                        I added a small fix to add compatibility (and tested) for v15. However, crispybacon1234, none of your errors occur in my testing with a clean v15.1.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #20    
                                        Old January 12th, 2016 (8:12 PM).
                                        TheKojo's Avatar
                                        TheKojo TheKojo is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2015
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 181
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
                                          Great to see this one back but as a plug and play version just one question if i don't have walking sprites for a few pokemon will that mess up the script in anyway?
                                          You can add checks with

                                          Code:
                                          FileTest.image_exist?("Graphics/Characters/"+$Trainer.party[0].species.to_s)
                                          if you don't want certain things to happen if the walking sprite doesn't exist.
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #21    
                                          Old January 13th, 2016 (4:46 AM).
                                          Anova's Avatar
                                          Anova Anova is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2016
                                            Location: Las Vegas
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Impish
                                            Posts: 31
                                            The script is working with v16.1, but if you start a new game and go to the PC to get the potion it will crash....
                                            The only work around I found is to get the pokemon following first then get the potion from the PC...
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #22    
                                            Old January 13th, 2016 (1:45 PM).
                                            mej71's Avatar
                                            mej71 mej71 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2014
                                              Location: Omnipresence
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 1,222
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by TheKojo View Post
                                              You can add checks with

                                              Code:
                                              FileTest.image_exist?("Graphics/Characters/"+$Trainer.party[0].species.to_s)
                                              if you don't want certain things to happen if the walking sprite doesn't exist.
                                              These checks are already done, there is no need to fiddle with that.

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Anova View Post
                                              The script is working with v16.1, but if you start a new game and go to the PC to get the potion it will crash....
                                              The only work around I found is to get the pokemon following first then get the potion from the PC...
                                              Fixed, update your script please.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #23    
                                              Old January 13th, 2016 (2:07 PM). Edited January 13th, 2016 by TheKojo.
                                              TheKojo's Avatar
                                              TheKojo TheKojo is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2015
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 181
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by mej71 View Post
                                                These checks are already done, there is no need to fiddle with that.
                                                Was it updated recently? Without the modifications I made with those checks in place, I was able to rotate through and to talk to the follower even if the graphic isn't there. Which I didn't want to happen.
                                                __________________
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #24    
                                                Old January 13th, 2016 (2:30 PM).
                                                mej71's Avatar
                                                mej71 mej71 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Mar 2014
                                                  Location: Omnipresence
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 1,222
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by TheKojo View Post
                                                  Was it updated recently? Without the modifications I made with those checks in place, I was able to rotate through and to talk to the follower even if the graphic isn't there. Which I didn't want to happen.
                                                  That wasn't what mewlover asked, he asked if not having all the graphics would cause trouble with the scripts. The answer to which is no.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #25    
                                                  Old January 13th, 2016 (2:35 PM).
                                                  TheKojo's Avatar
                                                  TheKojo TheKojo is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2015
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 181
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by mej71 View Post
                                                    That wasn't what mewlover asked, he asked if not having all the graphics would cause trouble with the scripts. The answer to which is no.
                                                    Oh I know. I'm just giving advice in case they want it to look good with some graphics missing. I modified mine so I can't do stuff like this

                                                    __________________
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:20 PM.