• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Having some error script messages.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
Hi there, I'm basically new to this whole Pokemon Essentials business. I am currently working with 17.2 Essentials. I actually started my project 1 month prior to the whole issue on the wiki page for essentials being taken down by Nintendo. I do have a backup wiki for it though. However, on trying to compress my game for my beta testers to try, it gives me error messages. When I try to compress without the encrypted archive button being checked it's an automatic fail to compress. When checked it does it just fine...however upon starting the game, I introduced to 2 problems:

One is this: Error 1: Basically starting up the game. All it does is give that message.

Error 2: When the game finally plays but only plays music and text, but will crash upon getting to the part upon naming your trainer.

The things I currently touched are the trainer's script, trainer types script (I only added in one type which is BEST FRIEND, Marshall), pokemon script (I gave cubone a tackle at level 5) and also importing a new tileset which is already fixed at the correct size. I switched Kurt's Pokeball options in which any color Apricorn will become a Pokeball. (For my own reasons)
I also placed the trainer on the new map and etc.

It plays butter smooth without a single issue when I am playing it from the original game extension that comes with essentials, but after compressing it does this. Any help?
I hope it's an easy fix. I'm just a one person team.

Attachments

• Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Error2.jpg
    Error2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2
Back