• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there a way to change the wild encounter text?

ex:
Default: Wild insert pokemon name here appeared

Changed to: ZOMG that insert pokemon name here scared the crap out of me!!!

Just like any other text in the game. You can use any hex editor that supports table or eventually A-Text, though I would suggest the first option.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have a question regarding XSE and Advance Map.
I'm having trouble getting the scripts too... well work lol and was hoping if I could get some help.

Here's a sample script that I did (offest found with FSF, Using XSE and Advance Map to open the script.)

Spoiler:

Now I'm pretty sure I didn't have a scripting error, but the problem is after I finish writing the script. I complie the script to the ROM and when I close XSE it asks "do you want to save the file" (or something like that). I hit yes and it saves the script as a .rbc file. Now when I play my ROM and go up to the person that the scipt is assigned to, i hear a click noise, and nothing happens. When I go back to Advance Map to see what the problem is, I open up the script again. Low and Behold none of my script is in the offset. This happens everytime I try to edit/create a script.

How can I fix this or what am I doing n00bishly wrong?
(BTW I'm using a Ruby ROM)

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Eventually yes, using ASM. Besides... only releasing would be prevented, right? That is, you would still be able to trade it on another game.
To remind the contest.
I asked if it was possible to make the pokemon I give the player (the starter) impossible to release. In that for story purposes they could not release the pokemon, as it plays a role in it.
ASM means Advance starter right or something else? I assumed it was Advance starter (manager?) but I'm likely wrong.
What do you mean by eventually, as in it's not possible at the moment?

In term's of trade's, I don't necessarily wish for it to be able to be traded either...but if theres no way around it then...

Teknoe

The one, the only.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2009
Asking my question again, is it possible to edit the bobbing sprites of the pokemon in your party for Firered? Pokepic does it for Ruby and Sapphire but it doesn't work for Firered.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Okay, my question has something to do with an already existing (but seemingly gone) tool and also involves coding. Because of the rules this site has set-up, I couldn't think of a better place to ask (unless I idiotically overlooked a Coding Forum).

Anyway, my question is about the LTMEP (Learnable TM Editor Pro) tool. I don't know who made it (there's not "I mad this" ttext files included) and the original topic seems to be missing from the Toolbox forum entirely.

Now to business. The tool seems to read some coding from a pair of external text files called "BPRE" and BPGE" which I'm pretty sure are the ID codes for Fire Red and Leaf Green. These text files contain small coding that help the tool identify things within the ROM. However, there's no files for Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. The tool doesn't load the ROM without these files so the tool doesn't work on R/S/E. However, I figured since the coding is so short, maybe someone around her might recognize it an possibly provide the proper coding for at least Emerald version. Here are the coding I found.

BPRE:
[Dataoffset]
start=2436048
offset=2388129
offset2=4565004
HMnum=7

BPGE:
[Dataoffset]
start=2436012
offset=2388093
offset2=4563500
HMnum=7

I figure with this info, maybe someone can backtrack to where the coding is found within the game and provide the equivilant coding for R/S/E (Primarily Emerald). I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this problem or if I'm posting in the wrong place (which I strangely get the feeling I am), then direct me to a place where I'd be more likely to recieve help.

School days again...
Years
1. How the change the order of the pokedex in fire red?
2. Can you expand the free space of a rom?
3. How to change the color of the back sprite?
A. When I inserted the indexed back sprite of Turtwig indexed by other person, in UnLz-gba, I did these steps on DJG's tutorial:

"Type the offset on the 'Image Offset' box. Don't remove those two zeros.
Click on the OK button and you're done. If a pop-up window appears and states 'Ptr found at <offsets go here>. Changed.'.., then it means that you have successfully inserted a new sprite, or rather replaced an old sprite for a new one! Horay!
You can do the same for it's palettes, of if you're too lazy to run a search for free offsets, you can use APE or just check the 'Export Palette', but remember to uncheck the 'Automatically Fix Pointers'."
but I didn't check 'Export Palette' and didn't uncheck 'Automatically Fix Pointers' and the color is the real color.

B. When I inserted the indexed back sprite of Giratina Origin Form indexed by myself, in UnLz-gba, I did the same step b
ut I also didn't check 'Export Pallete' and didn't also uncheck 'Automatically Fix Pointers' but the color is different.

Last edited:

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
1. How the change the order of the pokedex in fire red?
2. Can you expand the free space of a rom?

not sure about 1, i heard something about ASM
No.2 - Go to XSE and under one of the options at the top, theres a rom resizer,
press expand

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Seems this wasn't answered ages ago when it was asked, so I'll ask it myself, since I need it answered too.
I'm trying to insert new music into a FireRed hack using Sappy, but everytime I load the ROM, the dang thing quits responding on me. It's frustrating, can someone please shed some light on how I could fix this?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Seems this wasn't answered ages ago when it was asked, so I'll ask it myself, since I need it answered too.
I'm trying to insert new music into a FireRed hack using Sappy, but everytime I load the ROM, the dang thing quits responding on me. It's frustrating, can someone please shed some light on how I could fix this?

Please be more detailed. What Windows version are you using? What Sappy version do you have?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
B. When I inserted the indexed back sprite of Giratina Origin Form indexed by myself, in UnLz-gba, I did the same step b
ut I also didn't check 'Export Pallete' and didn't also uncheck 'Automatically Fix Pointers' but the color is different.

This is probably because the front and back sprites' palletes aren't the same.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Uh I have a real big problem with my lips ips patcher
Whenever I patch my hack rom to a fire red rom it doesn't patch at all and just becomes the same fire red rom
(I followed the instructions on lips how to patch and create a patch rom)

HSX

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
I searched and couldn't find an answer to this (at least I think I couldn't find it), so I apologize if this question has already been asked, but...

I'm working on a Pokemon FireRed hack to make Pokemon Manga Adventures, however in order to do so I need to know: How do I add my own pallet to my overworld sprite?

By this, I mean how do I assign a customized pallet to work on an overworld sprite?

Sorry again if this has been asked and answered already; there were only 9 results for searching for "pallet edit overworld," and I couldn't find what I needed. If this is requiered with UnLZ, then I'm apparently in a bad situation because it doesn't work for some reason. :S

Thanks to anyone who can help.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I saw that advanced hackers can make the 25 empty spaces into 98,can I do that or not?(if it's hard or not)
and if possible,can those hackers make a rom base with the 98 spaces?(because I heard that it's hard to do)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hm.

Isn't it (in theory, of course) repointing every single Pokemon table and then doing something to make the game realise there's stuff on the end? :\

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
ok, questions. I'm hoping these will be answered.

1. IS there another tool to hack pokemon images other than pokepic for fire red? becuase pokepic always seems to corrupt my rom.
2. Does anyone have any idea how to make a pokemon follow you? i can make the overworld sprites but dont have a clue about scripting them.
3. UnLZ seems to come up wierd on my computer, anyone know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back