• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Well everytime you enter a patch it's more likely that you'll continue the chain. But luck is also a factor, as broken chains happen a lot for me when the patch should be fine. So the only thing that I can't count on is luck. I say keep trying because if your like me, once you get that shiny you'll never go for it again.

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
i get that same problem when i chain alot that's why all i try for now are weaker wild ones. i guess i got lucky with skarmory:) i'm also having a shiny race for Aerodactyl with shinyhunter011 wish me luck i'v been SRing for the last week with nothing i've even lost count how many i've done i stopped at 356.

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
i get that same problem when i chain alot that's why all i try for now are weaker wild ones. i guess i got lucky with skarmory:) i'm also having a shiny race for Aerodactyl with shinyhunter011 wish me luck i'v been SRing for the last week with nothing i've even lost count how many i've done i stopped at 356.

ive only gotten 235 right now so your pretty ahead ;)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Well everytime you enter a patch it's more likely that you'll continue the chain. But luck is also a factor, as broken chains happen a lot for me when the patch should be fine. So the only thing that I can't count on is luck. I say keep trying because if your like me, once you get that shiny you'll never go for it again.

I already have two of them so far. I need more for selection. Once I do that, Buneary-B-Gon.

Also, I notice the words at the end of your name are actually my name at another forum, wow.

I'm trying something new this time that I haven't before. It's the Uncommon Grass at night. So we'll see what happens. I have 10 so far. I'm gonna try hard to get there either today or tomorrow that way I can gather up as many as I can by Sunday morning..... ... ....

Buneary's supposed to be easy but I guess it's because everything else has the same rate.
Which is why I'm hoping that my latest strategy works...
(I need just one more even if I don't make it to 40..)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone and I wish you the same.

Years
Just posting to check in. I have been lurking, but haven't had much to chat about.

I have begun EVing shiny Palkia by ... chaining Abras! Not really looking for a shiny since I already have one.

I've also been raising a new hunter Pokémon--Breloom, of course! Sadly, I discovered that the Shroomish line cannot learn False Swipe from the TM (why?), so I had to rebreed. I did manage to get a Poison Heal Jolly Breloom with Spore/False Swipe, and she's in her 20s right now. Once I start chaining, I'll do something of a low level (Mareep!) and give Breloom the Exp.Share.

So my Radar hit list looks something like: Mareep, Seviper, Sneasel, Absol. Other critical (if you can call shiny Pokémon "critical") targets include a new shiny Rotom, Dialga, and a Chikorita, Beldum, and Rayquaza from the third-gen. Oh and shiny Mesprit is looking pretty nice, too!

GL to everyone for stuff. Hopefully I'll get a third shiny before May Mayhem is up!

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
Years
I recently caught a shiny male Zigzagoon.I decided to just copy the show and nicknamed him Token.As for Zira,the shiny Shinx I caught a week ago has now evolved into a Luxio.I have a feeling I'll have fun training both of them!

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
41buneary.jpg

*bows*

I almost couldn't sleep last night I was so overjoyed.

That "1" means I've already gotten 1 shiny out of it so far. I think back in the 30s there was a shiny patch but it was at the bottom and I didn't see it well except the corner of the grass.... I wasn't sure at all, but I think it was, because shiny grass move just a tick longer than the common grass....

Nevertheless, if I had went in, it could've screwed me up, not to mention if it was, I may have failed again later.

But that's all behind me now.

I have to see how many shiny Bunearies I can get within a 24 hour period. (Cuz I'm going to the Darkrai event Sunday. Kinda lucky in a way)

Let's go!

(Also....... this reinstates what I said earlier..... Never give up.)

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
awwww the Darkrai event....I wish it was in Canada =(

anyways
I gave up on the shiny dialga I didn't even want it that much, plus a friend of mine restarted his game a bunch of times so we could each have all 3 of the starter pokemon which i figured was worth giving up on my shiny dialga, i'm at the elite four now so pretty soon I should be able to chain for shinies YAY!

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
awwww the Darkrai event....I wish it was in Canada =(

anyways
I gave up on the shiny dialga I didn't even want it that much, plus a friend of mine restarted his game a bunch of times so we could each have all 3 of the starter pokemon which i figured was worth giving up on my shiny dialga, i'm at the elite four now so pretty soon I should be able to chain for shinies YAY!

wow i could have sworn ive seen this some where lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
So I would have been able to sr for a shiny darkrai today but I sr'd once and darkrai was the same nature both times so I assumed they were all that nature but anyways I got a rash darkrai now

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
So I would have been able to sr for a shiny darkrai today but I sr'd once and darkrai was the same nature both times so I assumed they were all that nature but anyways I got a rash darkrai now

Rash, huh....

If the stats kept changing, it probably could've been SR'd for for a shiny one, which is what I'm going to attempt.

For the event you just go there, turn on your game to the "Continue" menu and select an option that pops up (or mystery gift), and then you download it's Wondercard, just like PBR's Electivire, Magmortar and Surfing Pikachu. Apparently, the man inside the PokeMart gives it to you....

Rash....

At least it raises Special Attack and isn't useless.

edit: 600!!! This is SPARTA! x2

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years

No offense but thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard, assuming such a thing after only two resets is foolish, especially concerning an event which in all likelyhood will never come round again, you should have done more than two resets before you just got a rash one, somewhere in the region of 50 should have confirmed if the nature was set or not, which i massively doubt for one big reason, why would nintendo give out a darkrai with a set nature and then set that nature as rash? a nature that is far from the best nature for it, take the electivire and magmortar for instance, they had pretty good natures.

But until someone else comes back from the event and confirms that the natures are set(or not) we can't be sure, nevertheless you should have done way more resets than you did.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
well as it turned out they weren't set I was in a hurry and not really thinking, I can live with rash though so I'm cool with it, when I sr I only ever look at natures and the odds of getting 2 in a row are so slim I just assumed it was set

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
well as it turned out they weren't set I was in a hurry and not really thinking, I can live with rash though so I'm cool with it, when I sr I only ever look at natures and the odds of getting 2 in a row are so slim I just assumed it was set

lol not to beat a dead horse or something to that effect....

While I was SRing for Charmander, I got Timid 6 times in a row once, and several times I got natures twice even three times in a row once.

I can't wait to get Darkrai....... but meanwhile.......

I've been radaring since the last time I posted, I started at 12 PM today, and I have almost 50,000 steps with only TWO shinies, I JUST encountered the 2nd one and it was dangerous, but I got it anyway. It's a guy and it's Jolly.

The rate has concerned me but I'm gonna be doing this the rest of the evening, I'm taking a break for supper. I'm having to tape a movie for mom in my bedroom so I'll probably go to my parents bedroom later.

Good luck everyone

LETS RUMBLE THIS RUMBLE

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
It turns out that once I set my time back normal (I had to change my swarm to get Drowzee), Drowzee remained as my swarm! I'm going to give this one last shot. If I can't get it, oh well, I'll have other things to do anyways.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Yeah I was just doing the 2 srs to see if it was static and I just made a wrong assumtion after 2. I'm EVing my shiny porygon right now

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years

i will be attending the event tomorrow but you can have many different natures. ( i plan to go for timid). It was just luck you got 2 rash in a row, but getting a shiny one im not sure about... good luck on that drowzee $Chuteout$ as for me i will give pearl a rest while waiting for tomorrow and pick up on my resets for mudkip. good luck to everyone!

Back