• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Horse names

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
If you had a horse, what would you name it?

I've been thinking about horse names a lot.

I have nothing though.

Years
It's always a treat to see your random thread ideas Zeo~

Honestly if I had a horse, I'd name it something fluffy... like Wilbur perhaps.

I shall return to this thread when I think of other names.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It's always a treat to see your random thread ideas Zeo~

Honestly if I had a horse, I'd name it something fluffy... like Wilbur perhaps.

I shall return to this thread when I think of other names.

Only somewhat random. I caught a mudbray and didn't know what to name it. If any names pop up in this thread, I was planning on using my favorite. WIlbur is really good too.

I named it Branwen temporally.

749-Mudbray.webp

Years
My mother's horses are called:
Spoiler:

My sister's horse is called:
Spoiler:

As for what I'd call a horse... I might just call it Rapidash lol

Years
My sister's horse is called Ruby, although she has a long and fancy show name too. If you'll count that lmao.

Honestly, if I had a horse of my own I'd probably do something similar. Give it a normal-sounding colloquial name and then something long and ridiculous on paper if it was going into racing. "Cement Hooves" or something.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm an ex-brony and not proud of it. So, probably would name a horse after a My Little Pony character. I'm not proud of the fact I used to call myself a brony, and I never will be, but I'd much prefer to name a horse after a My Little Pony character than a Pokemon.

Years
Only somewhat random. I caught a mudbray and didn't know what to name it. If any names pop up in this thread, I was planning on using my favorite. WIlbur is really good too.
When I caught my Mudbray in UM, I named it Donsly, after Videogamedunkey haha. My memory fails me right now, did you mention that you were a fan of him?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Beethooven
Need For Steed
The Fast And The Furry

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
When I caught my Mudbray in UM, I named it Donsly, after Videogamedunkey haha. My memory fails me right now, did you mention that you were a fan of him?

I know of him. I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but there were a few videos I liked.

It's an odd middle. I know of him, I like him, but I don't check his channel for videos.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Old family friend had a pair of horses named Shawnee and Appleseed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I guess, if it really likes the ocean I could just call it Horsea.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I guess, if it really likes the ocean I could just call it Horsea.

Interestingly, my mudbray's name was originally Hosea.

I boxed it because I wanted one with stamina for an ability.

Now that you mention it, horsea is so much better.

Years
For me it would depend on the horse. What he or she looked like, or any personality traits I observe could be a source of inspiration to me when trying to think of a nice name.

The name Sham though I think would be a pretty cool name if I had a horse. It's the name of the racehorse billed as rival to the famous Secretariat. I have always liked underdogs, and think good old Sham deserved more love. He was a noble-looking, dark, chocolatey bay horse, and would run beautifully. He was a great horse, he was just paired repeatedly against the best thoroughbred out there, and no horse in 50 years has been able to surpass the Kentucky Derby record set by Secretariat I think. So it could be a nice tribute to name a horse after the hard-working runner up, and not forget about him.

Shams is an Arabic word meaning sun, and in the children's book King of the Wind, it's the name of the Sultan of Morrocco's horse, whose changing fortunes and owners take him around the world. He's underestimated because of his smaller size, but he can ride like the wind.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Probably dumb puns because that's how I roll. Some I have in my back pocket (a number of them stolen from the Stardew Valley subreddit):

- Reneigh Descartes
- Aristrotle
- Immanuel Canter
- Michel Foucolt
- Simone du Foalvoir
- David Hoof

The original post I saw had philosopher puns and I kinda ran with it. So I'd probably have a philosopher pun name for a horse, or animals in general, really.

Years
I feel like the boring one because only the name Shadow ever comes up. -sweats-

Pikaboo has some incredible ideas though lol.

Years
Was watching Father Ted and the titular character was betting on a horse called "Divorce Referendum" and I couldn't stop laughing. Imagine.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
If I had a horse, I think I would name it Troja, you know, the city that in Greek mythology had the giant wooden horse?

If it was fast, I would name it Pegasus

Back