• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Total Eclipse (Recriuting)

Mr_Esquire

Creator of the Total Eclipse
Years
~Download~
Demo v2 (Extract and run games with Game.exe)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/47legbgljdvfz2a/Pok%C3%A9mon_Total_Eclipse.rar
Patch 2.1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/965c3d3fde71y06/patch_2.1.rar - Simply toss the folders in with the rest of the files and say "yes" to replacing the two .txt files and map files
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zk0tiului61unpe/Map153.rxdata - Fixes a mistake in this anti-cheating setup by simply removing that part from the events in the underground colosseum.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/787d12fkiv7z8v4/Scripts.rxdata - fixes a bug in the move bug bite (Simply toss this in data folder)
~Known bugs~
Trying to use items in battle (Specifically, on the pokemon in your 5th and 6th slots [out of battle position])will bring up an error message, put the battle back on your turn, and eat the item you tried using.
~Introduction~
First, a disclaimer: the game title "Pokemon Total Eclipse" is not meant to have been stolen and is NOT related to a game of similar or same name. (Found a pokemon Eclipse and a pokemon dark eclipse titled game.[this was original title earlier]) If there is a place that shares a name with a place from another game, I most likely did not search the games and decide "this looks like a nice name for a place, I'll take it." If I did, then it would be noted someplace. So, Pokemon Total Eclipse, as it's current name is, is a game that is being made using RPG maker XP and Maruno's Pokemon Essentials kit.

About four or so years ago, I had so many ideas I thought could fit in a pokemon game. Not really 100% sure on what inspired me to start work on a fan game, but I downloaded the (2011 version of essentials) starter kit and started working. I made a few maps that became the starting town, and route one up to the first city (though they didn't change much other than to make them look nicer.) I guess I hung up the project because of lack of resources and skill to make them, but I did come back and upgrade the game to a 2013 version and got some decent starting progress on it, then hung it up again (distracted by other games). A few months ago, I made another update of essentials, and gots to crackin' on stuff. But this time, I had a few different ideas in my head (still close to the same concept as before), I decided to try a new spin on how the plot goes, rather than the same old story of battling gyms and the elite four to become the champion while taking down a villainous team.(Not in the main story, at least.) One feature I hope to be able to get to is to have multiple story lines (will you be good or evil?), and progress will be shown by story progression, rather than gyms (this idea came part from not wanting to mess with a lot at that time). I feel this game will be more hit-or-miss with people mainly from the changes I'm making.
~Back story~
In the land of ancient Valto, rests an ancient evil unknown consciously to, man. Most say there's no escaping it, though one group say they resist it the most, these are called the Dominus spirits, pure beings whom don't reveal themselves beneath their hooded cloaks. Some embrace it as inevitable, these are called the Krex, whom have betrayed their kin, and seek to unleash the power of the ancient evil. Two boys, who had little knowledge of one an other, one struck with a strong desire for power, becomes "The Heir" to the evil. The other, marked by the Omega, was unaware of his destiny until it was thrust upon him. It is said that he battled the evil by commanding the Omega itself after his partner pokemon died fighting, but the evil was brought back by "the Heir". It has been said that the evil was able to craft a physical form and roam the land, but for what does it search for? The Omega may test people for worth with visions and cryptic dreams, but the fate of the world may very well lie in the destiny of a person who suffered a tragic event. So says the ancient legend, passed down from the keepers of balance.] ~ Translated from ancient language of Valto.

Fast forward eight thousand years- It was a few months before your tenth birthday when an unfortunate event occurred. Since then, on random days you would have a cryptic dream that seemingly told you a message, and one you keep remembering. Six years later, you are finally able to get a pokemon from the professor, you continue on your journey like normal until you meet a mysterious man who is the owner of a major company. He speaks to you of what is currently going on and a few theories. A few words he speaks resonates within your mind, namely the words "a dojo to the north", "the Alpha pokemon, Arceus", and "the Omega pokemon". Why these words have meaning to you, is unknown to you, but one question must be answered, one to decide your destiny and possibly the fate of the world. Who will you choose to follow?
~Characters~
Darius- Age:16
The male player character. Laid back when he wants to, he can still lose his cool when annoyed. He won't say "no" to a challenge, and tends to push things at times, possibly putting himself in danger. Battles tend to bring out a different side of him, both pokemon and the times he gets into physical fights.

Riley- Age:16
The female player character. She sees her goal, and that's what she's doing no matter how tough, she doesn't let defeat stop her. She likes to add an artistic style to pokemon battles. She's usually a happy girl and is hard to anger, but things don't usually go well when she's angered, seeing how she can apply what she learned in self-defense training.

Axel- Age: 18
Your best friend since you two met, he's helped you know how to train and battle with pokemon before you were able to get one. He faces challenges head on, he shows no mercy in battle and can have a "dark" vibe to him as a result. He recently moved out and into Riesen town to start a new chapter in life. During one training session, he missed the times of training pokemon from a young age. And so he decided that he will store his old pokemon away and make new bonds, and he decides to grab a pokemon from Tezla to train up on the same day you get yours so you can fight on a level field. Neglecting experience, that is.

Doctor Tezla- Age: 50
While not being named after a tree, he is a decedent of an under appreciated researcher who claims to have invented the original Pokedex . Though you might not think it at first, he was among the top in his studies and decided to focus on different things about pokemon. His eccentric research brought him a few complaints about it possibly being unethical and raises a few questions. He was, at one time, forced out of the place of his original studies and was forced to relocate to Riesen town where he set up an over sized research lab.
Extra important characters:
Spoiler:
~Current features~
A new side of pokemon, don't worry about grinding for gyms and the E4, go for the story instead.
Game will have some difficult puzzle like parts, mainly the game currently has 2 parts with less obvious answers. (This can be "turned off" during intro. May actually change this in next release based off community reaction)
You can play the game normally like this or have it play a little bit easier without these puzzles of talking to a person a certain amount of times.
Explore the region of Valto.
New trainer types, gangs are a thing.
A few fakemon (Currently have two fabricated pokemon).
The return of "your favorite character" from the games.
Some bonus battles, currently have one in the form of Charles the Heart breaker.
A few more Easter eggs hidden for your enjoyment (Like Gen 1's "Amazing man")
Don't let the desert claim you, or it will result in a game over. Don't forget to bundle up for the frozen mountain, or else. (Though the chance of this happening is slim as you have two points before and the third one has a small chance of game over, otherwise you pass out. Why? Because realism and because I'm evil.)
~Planned features~
(Hopefully) alternate story lines, based on some choices you make.
Fakemon of spirit pokemon, and the Omega.
A post game that will be in a different region and probably follow the traditional pokemon games more.
Strong possibility of a small epilogue after post game.
Possibly a few more as I think of them
~Current progress~
Please note, percentage estimates are most likely off and should be taken as a rough estimate.
Maps- Laid out for main region. Basically need to add some interiors and NPC's to some maps and get endgame maps, possibly a few other things and main game region is done. (About 30% or less)
Battles- Might need to change pokemon used by some trainers and do some balance work, still need to add a few more battles here and here.
Story progression- made a few changes here and there to the text, and the action should end on route 7-8, still need to bring the plot up to that point. (About 15%)
Events- Still gonna need to change text of some of them, then add in some more. (About 8% give or take)
Region map needs some work done on it and should be changed with next release.(Give it about a 90% completion on this)
~Screenshots~
Spoiler:

~And, of course, the credits~
Spoiler:
~Final notes~
There may be some, though minimal, swearing in the game when done, and currently might have one (or two quotes, technically) that includes one word. One word pops up in the change log in the game, and one letter has been censored with an astrik(*), you can handle it, right? If swearing isn't allowed like this then I will quickly change it and upload a new version.
So this was ready a few days later than I wanted to be, since Christmas is coming (and gone) I guess take this as a Christmas gift with the (hopefully working) event I added in that will involve a certain jolly fat man.

We are currently looking for some extra help on this game as we currently have two people working on it (Conquer of Worlds and Skjor_Infernis). What we are looking for: Basically a person to help make things better, whether it be with maps, making the story better, helping with music (either picking it out or making it), or working on sprites if you can help out, we'll consider you. I do plan on having less contend I nabbed off the internet and credited the person who made it, and more original content made by the people working on the game. If you want to help with the game, there are a few ways you can get involved. Put up a post here, send a PM, find me on skype (mr.x67788), or our reddit page.. And if you want, you can go over to our wiki page here.

And what I want from you: Comments, constructive criticism,(cookies?) Suggestions. Yes, it's my game, but you are the players, and the players are important to a game and should be listened to. So don't be afraid to give the above things, not like I'll be hating you for it, I'd rather have harsh truth told to me so I can make it better than to have a sweet lie said about it and leave it in a bad state. As the saying goes, There are going to be some people you can't please, but you should please the ones you can. And that's what I hope to accomplish by listening to you, the players.
TL;DR: I want many comments and feedback to improve the game.
~Changelog~
Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Looks pretty good. :) I will definitely give the demo a try and give my thoughts on it once I've played it some.

CALIXtheGREAT

Pokémon Dark Eclipse Developer
Years
Yeah right! I think it's cool too. I'm the one who made Pokémon Dark Eclipse. haha.
Maybe I should try your game soon.

Mr_Esquire

Years
Hey peeps, popping in to give a quick update, don't forget to download the patch with the game since it adds in one important thing I forgot when making the Christmas event, along with a few other minor annoyances. Planning on releasing the next demo in about three months that fixes a good amount of bugs found in current version, add in more mega evolutions, update essentials base, story progression, and a few other things.
@CALIX: Yea, I'm glad I did some searches of the name "Dark Eclipse" before putting it up on here. I think you have some good things going with your game as well, might check it out when I take a break from working on this game and have some free time.

And please, I want your feedback, good and bad, so that I can improve the game based on the suggestions from you (the player). Maybe there are parts that can be done better, things players ant/don't want? I want to know your thoughts and suggestions, you might actually see your suggestions in game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
This game looks nice but the game seems to crash on me during a wild Pokemon battle. Is it on my end because I by mistake replaced the other maps along 77 and 82 from the patch? The screenshot can be seen here .

Mr_Esquire

Years
Actually not quite sure what's going on with that crash. Shouldn't have been from adding in the other maps, honestly not sure what went wrong there. Tried getting it to pop up in debug and normal mode and couldn't. :/ Might get new version put up tomorrow, since I couldn't get the error to appear. And hopefully it doesn't have that problem the current one has, won't have much outside new essentials version, bug fixes, and stuff for new items. I'd better re-double check that it will be free of these problems before I upload it.

Edit: Might I ask where it happened and what happened before the wild battle? (Which option did you pick in the intro, did you win or lose the first two battles, where were you at? Did you try to undo adding in the other maps, which I may have forgot to change the text file to state the extra two maps, but they should still be added.) If you added the other two maps in and undid the change/deleted them or such, that may or may not have been the cause, one thing I can think of at the moment but still not 100% sure if that would be related to the problem there. Seems to be fixed or not there on the current version. Should be able to get things at a good enough spot by tomorrow. Still gonna keep a watch on for similar problems in current version.

Last edited:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Okay, so I gave the game a try. I know what the problem is with that error stated above. You don't have "restart point" for when you lose. Typically, these are set whenever you heal at a Pokemon Center. So what you should do is either add a Pokemon Center, or make your mother at your house the restart point (which is what I would recommend).

Secondly, a lot of the maps, especially the interiors need some work. They're way to huge and wide open with nothing in them. Especially your rival's room. There's just a bed and a desk. I honestly can't critique any more than that, because I only made it to Route 1 before the game crashed on me, because there was no where to heal my Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
I agree with SpartaLazer above. I am in the beginning town (Route 1) so there are no restart points except Mom's house. You have probably forgot to make Mom heal your Pokemon when you lose. I won against Lance and lost against the rival. Any lost battle after that crashes the game but I did lose the rival battle which didn't result in a crash so I suppose it only applies for wild Pokemon battles.

CALIXtheGREAT

Pokémon Dark Eclipse Developer
Years
@CALIX: Yea, I'm glad I did some searches of the name "Dark Eclipse" before putting it up on here. I think you have some good things going with your game as well, might check it out when I take a break from working on this game and have some free time.

Thanks buddy. Haha. Know what, if ever that we finished our games,we can collaborate and include both of our regions in one game. hahaha

Mr_Esquire

Years
Ok, thanks for stating that. I could have sworn that I got a restart point set, but I must have gotten a bit to excited and released it a bit too early. The version I'm about to put up should hopefully be a little bit better than what the previous one would have been. I went and quickly made your rival's house a little bit smaller and took out a section of his room. I'll agree with you, SpartaLazer, interior mapping is one of the things I need to improve on, along with my spriting skill that you are about to see with a fakemon I plan on having that might be a small part of the plot. I currently have it uploading and I'll edit when it's up.

Edit: Finally uploaded, took it long enough.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Call me confused but I did try the new version and it now has a restore point. It does restore my Pokemon to full health after losing but somehow I end up in Lappet Town instead of Rissen town (I lost to a wild Pokemon xD) . The room after losing looks like this . Mom somehow gives me a 6 Pokemon team which replaces my Starter. The scientist on the left gives me a Celebi. The guy on the bottom right is a bit strange because he gives me 6 "choices" but I couldnt get what he meant .

Is this supposed to be a part of the plot or a rather generous bug?

EDIT: Ah I realized that those bits are from the engine apparently. I believe you forgot to delete them from the game since these characters are only for testing. The same thing happened to me during Pokemon Entropy.

Last edited:

Mr_Esquire

Years
...........................................................................................................................................
....................................(Censored) Man I'm such a dolt lately. I managed to set the event up wrong and it didn't set your home as a restart point. Decided to remove stuff from the house you should not end up in as extra precaution. After you add the maps to the data folder and .txt in PBS folder, go back and talk to the player's mom and it should hopefully work like it should. Had it work for me when I went back and talked to mom to get it set as a restart point so hopefully it works for you.

I truly apologize for the issues that have prevented progress not one time but twice. Two flipping major issues that I couldn't see.

Nother edit: Managed to catch a typo in the trainers .txt file and fixed that. You won't have to worry about that one unless you downloaded and installed the optional patch that changes the start a little bit and changes two trainers on route 3.
@below Got that link fixed, thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Thank you for the fix but the alt.start link is also appearently broken.. I will try tommorow if the fix works and will respond later.

EDIT: Nevermind the link is not dead. Apparently you copied the link because there had been some typo but I fixed it.

EDIT : The fix now works and I was able to progress throughout the game. There is one non game breaking bug on Route 1 though. The trainer that I beat does not move so that I could collect the Pokeball. And why do Poisoned Pokémon faint out of the battle. I kind of liked it when it lived the poisoning so that I could heal it with Antidote and potions but if you removed it for the sake of realism then fine by me.

Also a game breaking bug can occur in the first battle in the first gym when a Pokémon eg Bonsly uses Copycat when there is no target around . The move text repeats over and over again so the game gets stuck. I was able to progress though because I saved so I just used the Lv 20 Kadabra gained by Axel to oblitirate the pesky trainer. I don't know if it's just Bonsly but it's worth checking it out if the bug replicates on other Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Esquire

Years
Hey peeps, posting a quick update. Apologizing some more for these buggy releases, I can push blame on the fact there are currently two people working on this (But I won't), I can shove the blame onto the other guy (I won't), I can keep claiming that I make mistakes. I can claim things were passed over after data was lost from a crash. (Partially true, but I'm not claiming this) Could say if I didn't rush through with it, if this if that. But you don't want to hear/read that, there is no excuse, it's my fault. Plain and simple, no tossing the blame off onto some other BS. So ignore this paragraph.

Still working on version 2.0, my main focus for this release will be to get most of the bugs squashed, and I will check and triple check the game for some more. Not gonna guarantee a 100% no bug release, some might slip through, and some (the mimic/copycat bug) I will fix by making so the problem won't be able to happen, (because that's not an option) but they will still exist. And to polish up what is currently done to make it better. (Like the intro and possibly a few names of places, which the spelling of the second city was changed from "Platheora City" to "Plethora City". And yes the spelling was intentional.) Main post will be updated on release of version 2.0, may or may not come out a little bit sooner or later that previously mentioned, (3 months) it depends on what goes on with real life and how fast I can get things done and checked.

Before I leave this post here, I have a few questions for you, the general public. In the game's Audio/ME folder, there are two sound files that were made to be intro music for "Your favorite character from the games", I want you (the general public) to listen to them both and decide which one you think fits him better. Next question is on the parts you can currently see in the version that's currently out, what do you think I can improve? Are there some parts that are too hard to figure out? (Like what to do in the lab at the start of the game.) Does the music seem to fit in nicely? What updates would look nicer on the sprites? The list can go on and on. So, suggestions, hate messages, other comments, post away.

Last edited:

Mr_Esquire

Years
Hey friends and such here at PokeCommunity, giving an update, no, the project's not dead. Got a few small changes on the main post, not too much new there, but the game should be bug free, save for a few things here and there, gave it a check through and should (hopefully) not overlooked things this time. I would like to hear what you think of the current progress, comments, suggestions, etc.

Back