• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would anyone want to use my map I created?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 8, 2017
Basically I really enjoy the creation aspect of the RPG maker, but have no scripting skills whatsoever. I am partially interested in learning more but really more interested in seeing if someone would like to use my Hometown I created. The map is 38x58 and has a forest/mountain design. The main part I should point out is that I designed the Professors Lab such that instead of handing you your pokemon, You would be given a special pokeball and you go and catch it yourself. Mainly because I like the idea of you being able to pick whatever generation starter you prefer. That being said, I have really only created the Town, and no homes or internals. I would leave that to how the game designer saw fit. I would really just like to see my small creation incorporated into someones game.

Attachments

• Pokemon Hometown Bottom Half.PNG
    Pokemon Hometown Bottom Half.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Pokemon Town Top Half.PNG
    Pokemon Town Top Half.PNG
    135 KB · Views: 253

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
The mapping isn't that bad actually - it needs some work, but overall it's pretty solid compared to what I've seen from a lot of other developers.

That said, you could always look into becoming a mapper for a developer team if you're into that sort of thing. You would be able to contribute to a game without having to know all about development.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 8, 2017
Thanks! I appreciate that.
I actually found a few small spots I messed up on since I posted this but by bigger dispostion is figuring out how to add additional tiles to the base set with the same art style so I can expand a little more and put some extra features in. Still, the fun for me was "creating a place I would want to live" if I was in a Pokemon adventure. I made an interesting idea for the basis of game play as well but I am not so sure I have the skills to craft a whole story. And if It did turn out to be a good idea, there would probably be a lot of extra script work involved in making my idea come alive.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Your mapping is fascinating! It provides an rural yet classy feeling. I could really use your authentic work. If you are not busy, PM me if you are interested in working with me in my game.

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
yes i would love to use your map can u send me the rpgxp map data plz

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
I would also love to incorporate this map! Please message me a download

Back