• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Challenges Ideas & Discussion

Tek

Years
OK, I drafted the Challenge Log Reviews thread. I'll post it here so we can look it over before publishing.

Challenge Log Reviews​

Purpose:

To engage the community in the shared experience of reading and writing challenge logs. Reviews will provide useful feedback to writers, enhancing the readability and entertainment value of the logs.

Said plainly, we're working together to make challenge logs that are fun and easy to read!

Format:

Each review will have three parts.

1) What works well
2) What can be improved
3) Reviewer's favorite thing about the log

Example:
Spoiler:

Process:

Every week or two, each reviewer will select a challenge log to review. Members will be notified so that they have a chance to opt out. Members may also request to have their challenge log featured by messaging a reviewer.

Members interested in becoming a reviewer may message the moderator of the forum with their request.

Reviewers:

Tek

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Is the plan to eventually become Chansey/Blissey, or is it all Happiny all the time? If it's the former, you /might/ be able to get an Oval stone from The Underground. I don't really have that much experience using the underground myself, so I don't know if any of the items are time-gated or not, but that might be an option?

Nope, staying Happiny. But from what I can tell, only the fossils are time-gated, so you were correct.

Also, Happiny is level 29 but only 11 XP away from level 30, so essentially level 30.

I might end up using double team + Sweet Kiss I guess, since I don't know what to do. It's just not reliable to use sweet kiss, as it's only 75% accuracy

Also: moveset is Pound, Sweet Kiss, Hidden Power (Steel), and Charm.

Years
Okay, it'll be end of the month soon, so I was thinking about another Montly-Mini Challenge, but given little to no interest in the current one, I want to ask you all, if it's worth it.

Last edited:
Years
I'd say let's keep doing it for a bit, since it's not hugely difficult/time-consuming to run. Participation in challenges in general is pretty slow, so it may take a while to catch on.

I intended to participate but I've been so busy preparing for school I haven't really had time :/ still going to try when I do have spare time but probably won't finish

Last edited:

Tek

Years
I think we should do a few more monthly mini-challenges before we choose whether to quit or continue.

People may not find this particular one interesting. Also most of our members may not know about it yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Okay, it'll be end of the month soon, so I was thinking about another Montly-Mini Challenge, but given little to no interest in the current one, I want to ask you all, if it's worth it.
Make a Bulletin Board post for it (: this silly super mod forgot to do that...
/unforgivable

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I will say that what prevented me from taking part in the mini challenge this month was a combination of not being interested in the specific challenge itself, plus the fact that a prize of a Pokemon would be completely wasted on me. I'm resetting my cartridges constantly to keep doing new challenges on them, and I don't use the Pokemon Bank or whatever. I get that it's probably the only reasonable prize for this sort of thing, but it still is fairly useless to me personally.

Last edited:
Years
I will say that what prevented me from taking part in the mini challenge this month was a combination of not being interested in the specific challenge itself, plus the fact that a prize of a Pokemon would be completely wasted on me. I'm resetting my cartridges constantly to keep doing new challenges on them, and I don't use the Pokemon Bank or whatever. I get that it's probably the only reasonable prize for this sort of thing, but it still is fairly useless to me personally.

Yeah, the prize won't work for me either. I only use ROMs of the older games (can't afford the real games right now) so there's no way for me to make use of pokemon as a prize. Personally though, I just like doing challenges for the sake of doing a challenge, so I don't really care much about prizes.

Some of my ideas for the next challenge:

- Beat a gym using a team where every pokemon has a type disadvantage
- Breed a pokemon with perfect IVs
- Make it through a cave without using any healing items and without running from any battles

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You will have to teach me how to do it :D
First check this thread and see when there's a reasonable timeslot for you to put up a new thread without bumping somebody else's fancy brand new news down too soon. And then you simply make your thread here c:

Yeah, if the challenge was interesting enough I'd still do it. This one didn't grab me, though.
How about keeping a scoreboard then? Either in the splash like The Underground forum does, or as a Hall of Fame-like list that follows every mini-challenge and gets updated with how many mini/theme-challenges each person has finished etc?

Years
Hey guys, not posted in here in a while, due to illness and stuff. Still carrying on with all my challenges, focusing on the Monthly. I like a hall of fame idea as a prize for challenge winners. Also I am interested in reviewing challenge logs if you would like more potential reviewers.

Years
Thanks you all for great ideas. Now, let's see, what we can do with them.

Hall of Fame
There already is one Hall of Fame so I would stick with it. To make people use it more. Otherwise, we can create new sticky thread, where we'll post scoreboard with every challenge and with main post as archive.

More atrractive challenges
I was thinking about few things:
- We should add CSS to the main post, so it would be more atrractive to the eye. We can ask one of the CSS Wizards in RP Theatre, if they'll be willing to create some template for us. Or we can try by ourselfs.
- If we would go with scoreboard, I recommend we modify the challenge to actually have some points system. For example, if next challenge is Hatching Challenge, points system could look like this:
Main Challenge:
- Hatch a Pokemon - 5 points

One-Time Challenges: (These can be completed only once)
- Hatch Pokemon from every Type - 15 points
- Hatch pseudo-legendary Pokemon - 3 points
And so on...

Side Challenges: (Can be completed more that once)
- Hatch perfect Pokemon - 2 points
- Hatch Shiny Pokemon - 5 points
And so on...

What do you think about these things?

Years
Thanks you all for great ideas. Now, let's see, what we can do with them.

Hall of Fame
There already is one Hall of Fame so I would stick with it. To make people use it more. Otherwise, we can create new sticky thread, where we'll post scoreboard with every challenge and with main post as archive.

More atrractive challenges
I was thinking about few things:
- We should add CSS to the main post, so it would be more atrractive to the eye. We can ask one of the CSS Wizards in RP Theatre, if they'll be willing to create some template for us. Or we can try by ourselfs.
- If we would go with scoreboard, I recommend we modify the challenge to actually have some points system. For example, if next challenge is Hatching Challenge, points system could look like this:
Main Challenge:
- Hatch a Pokemon - 5 points

One-Time Challenges: (These can be completed only once)
- Hatch Pokemon from every Type - 15 points
- Hatch pseudo-legendary Pokemon - 3 points
And so on...

Side Challenges: (Can be completed more that once)
- Hatch perfect Pokemon - 2 points
- Hatch Shiny Pokemon - 5 points
And so on...

What do you think about these things?

I'm totally on board with all of this! It would require someone with a little more knowledge of the games than me though to actually come up with the challenges/point scheme, but I'd be happy to tally up the scores at the end.

Years
I'm totally on board with all of this! It would require someone with a little more knowledge of the games than me though to actually come up with the challenges/point scheme, but I'd be happy to tally up the scores at the end.

I like the hatching one. Could also award points for things like defeating the elite 4 with a team of hatched pokemon, winning an online battle with a team of hatched pokemon, etc

Years
I'm working on some css template now.

If anyone has other ideas for the points missions, feel free to post them here. It should do something with hatching.

Years
So, I've been so busy getting ready for school I kind of forgot about that September starts tomorrow... I suppose we should get another challenge up soon lol

Janp, do you want to go with what you wrote for the egg-hatching challenge? Or should I just post something generic and we can figure out the logistics of points next month?

Years
So, I've been so busy getting ready for school I kind of forgot about that September starts tomorrow... I suppose we should get another challenge up soon lol

Janp, do you want to go with what you wrote for the egg-hatching challenge? Or should I just post something generic and we can figure out the logistics of points next month?

I just created thread :D I thought you were busy, so I did it by myself.

Years
I just created thread :D I thought you were busy, so I did it by myself.

Perfect! lol XD

I'll get the August results up (/ongoing leaderboard?) on Wednesday since I'll probably be waiting around all day for somebody to show up and get my internet hooked up (I'll be mooching off my landlord until then)

Last edited:
Back