"The Champion of Alon"

Age 22
Male
Orange, TX
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
49 posts
119 Days
I had a few move and ability ideas, but don't know how to script them. Any help is appreciated.

Moves
1-A. Slipstream - "Sets up the Slipstream weather."
1-B. Slipstream (Weather) - "A weather condition that acts as a makeshift Tailwind for Dragon-types."

2-A. Element Saber - "The user strikes with a sword of energy. This move changes type depending on the weather or terrain."
2-B.
Element Saber types (mandatory)
Sun - Fire
Rain - Water
Hail - Ice
Sandstorm - Ground
Strong Winds - Flying
Electric Terrain - Electric
Misty Terrain - Fairy
Psychic Terrain - Psychic
Grassy Terrain - Grass

Element Saber types (optional)
Slipstream - Dragon
Graveyard Terrain - Ghost

3-A. Graveyard Terrain - "The user creates a makeshift graveyard for five turns."
3-B. Graveyard Terrain (effect) - "A makeshift graveyard that heals all grounded Ghost-types, but damages any other grounded Pokemon."

Ability (it is only one, but it's worth it)
A. Elemental Armament - "The user's moves change type depending on the weather or terrain."
B.
Elemental Armament types (mandatory)
Sun - Fire
Rain - Water
Hail - Ice
Sandstorm - Ground
Strong Winds - Flying
Misty Terrain - Fairy
Grassy Terrain - Grass

Elemental Armament types (optional)
Slipstream - Dragon
Male
Alola Reigon
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
178 posts
3.5 Years
Hey there. All of this is extremely easy to code, you just need to edit existing code (Like Tailwind for Slipstream, Nature Power+Weather Ball for Saber move, Hail+Grassy Terrain for Ghost Terrain, and the -ate abilities for Armament)
You also asked for code for Electric Armor and some other Electric Item which were just the effects of a damage-reducing Berry. You have also asked for multiple codes for moves earlier which are kinda simple to code. My point is not to bash you for inability to script, it's OK. I've been using Essentials for almost a year now but my "coding" is still basically just copying existing code and mashing it together in the editor, hoping it works. But I do have some advice for you. I'll present it to you in 3-step form.

Step 1:
Spoiler:

Create a Recruitment Thread for your game:
Simple, go in the Recruitment Section in Game Development and make a thread. If you already did this then just bump it up to top by posting. The post doesn't have to be a real post, it can literally just be the word bump

Step 2:
Spoiler:

Flesh out your Recruitment Thread:
This is really important for step 3. Describe what your game's story is, what Alon reigon is like, what Pokemon you find there, what's special about it etc. If you have Screenshots or Concept Art to post then that's even better, but that's not necessary. Please make sure to describe well.

I've seen time and time again people's recruitment posts are just "Hey Guys...So I had this game idea... It will have Gen 6-8 Pokemon...Its story its dark... pLz jOiN gAmE" and when no one bats an eye to their thread, they wonder why.

Step 3:
Spoiler:

Hire a Coder/Scripter and maybe even a Spriter
This one is the most important step as you seem to need assistance in scripting often. It's ok if you can't script in Ruby, it's dated and no one cares about it except RMXP users. Every person has a certain skillset and no one is a master of all skills. Teamwork is essential if you want a project to succeed. Even the creators of the most biggest and most ambitious projects didn't make a gams single handedly, they had a team of maybe 2-5 people actively helping them. If you do Step 2 correctly then you can easily hire a coder and/or spriter. This will make your life 100x easier and speed up the game making process as the workload of the game can be split into multiple team members.

Step 4 (Optional):
Spoiler:

Watch the following Video

The above video is about an amazing service that has been around since the 90s
It can be used to check the answer to any question that you may have
OR
It can be used to check whether someone has a similar question to yours and has been answered. If not then you can work with that person to come to a final answer.

The possibilities are limitless and its a surprise no one uses it.
Male
New York
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
67 posts
1.9 Years
I had a few move and ability ideas, but don't know how to script them. Any help is appreciated.

Moves
1-A. Slipstream - "Sets up the Slipstream weather."
1-B. Slipstream (Weather) - "A weather condition that acts as a makeshift Tailwind for Dragon-types."

2-A. Element Saber - "The user strikes with a sword of energy. This move changes type depending on the weather or terrain."
2-B.
Element Saber types (mandatory)
Sun - Fire
Rain - Water
Hail - Ice
Sandstorm - Ground
Strong Winds - Flying
Misty Terrain - Fairy
Grassy Terrain - Grass

Element Saber types (optional)
Slipstream - Dragon

3-A. Graveyard Terrain - "The user creates a makeshift graveyard for five turns."
3-B. Graveyard Terrain (effect) - "A makeshift graveyard that heals all grounded Ghost-types, but damages any other grounded Pokemon."

Ability (it is only one, but it's worth it)
A. Elemental Armament - "The user's moves change type depending on the weather or terrain."
B.
Elemental Armament types (mandatory)
Sun - Fire
Rain - Water
Hail - Ice
Sandstorm - Ground
Strong Winds - Flying
Misty Terrain - Fairy
Grassy Terrain - Grass

Elemental Armament types (optional)
Slipstream - Dragon
Just one thing to consider about these type changes is that terrain can be active at the same time as weather. Make sure you decide which overrides the other or if you want the moves to become dual-typed. I would suggest looking at the code for Flying Press if you wanted to use dual-typed moves.
Currently developing Pokemon Vengeance