Downloads can be found in this post's attachments. They include the BPS patch (since IPS doesn't support over 16 MB roms, sadly) and the ReadMe.txt file.
This hack rom replaces the default "you can assign an item in your bag to the select button" message script with all-new multichoice boxes menus for a fully customized and new experience in a classic game. It can be played normally if you don't press the select button at all while no item is registered to it. Please keep in mind that binding an item to the select key will temporarily override and thus disable these menus. But releasing the select button in your key items will restore normal functionality.
- Default settings: fast text speed, stereo sound, frame type 3. Settings can still be changed manually.
- That annoying help system that triggers whenever you press the L or R buttons has been completely disabled.
- Illegal Mew and Deoxys will obey normally as anti hack measures in the original rom have been patched out.
- Net Center has the default Pokémon Center music now. This is because custom music was added for the ranked system, replacing the original track.
- Trainer Tower has the default Gym music now for the same reason as above.
- Mewtwo's battle has the normal legendary battle music instead of its own for the same reason again.
- (An item can still be registered to the select button regardless of this hacks' add-ons, however doing this will make the custom menus temporarily
- Because of Thief Mode, the VS Seeker and the NPC that gave it to you have been removed.
A full list of features can be found via the "Show Help" option.
This hack rom is based on JPAN's hacked engine, and has otherwise been made by me and solely by me, fireYtail3DYTFB.
Alpha: first release. Thief Mode not implemented yet.
Alpha2: fixed ASM to not be able to run away nor capture Pokémon in random battles not working.
Alpha3: fixed not being able to run away nor capture Pokémon after losing in random battles.
Alpha4: added Thief Mode up to Lavender town (inclusive)
- After using the IV and/or EV shops, you need to place your Pokémon in a box in the PC or the stats won't be recalculated by the game engine. They should be recalculated as well after a level up.
- Some events disable your ability to run away from and/or capture wild Pokémon. To fix this simply enter any Pokémon center or your house in Pallet Town. Please avoid entering the Pokémon Tower without a Silph Scope or you'll eventually find yourself trapped in the battles against ghost.
Thank you for your interest. I'm not planning to do that for now, but you can use this IPS patch on Pokémon Fire Red US version 1.0 (and hopefully it'll work on my hack rom too without breaking anything) If it breaks I can try to fix it too.