The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script GTS System

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old May 23rd, 2015 (4:43 AM).

Nature: Calm
Well, you'll first need a website or webserver of some sort that both supports PHP as well as allows you to use an FTP. It's recommended that the website/server can handle MySQL as well (which usually it does) though, it is possible to use an external MySQL database.

Next, create your MySQL database, open the PHP file and configure the top settings to that of your database.

Upload your PHP file to your website/server.

Edit the URL variable in RGSS script to that of your newly uploaded php file.

Finally, there's a function you need to call, if I remember correctly it'd be something like "GTS.setup" I can't remember. Though, the Readme included in the zip should have a more accurate name for the function.

Now you can finally run the GTS system.

Notice: If you still can't figure it out, this script probably isn't the right one for you.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 23rd, 2015 (7:23 AM).

If I press the exit button the trading screen just pops up again after a few seconds oO
    Old July 22nd, 2015 (6:57 PM).

could you link me to a english tutorial on how to place it because i only know the part to place the script in the script editor pls help btw could be spanish to
      Old July 24th, 2015 (5:53 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pokemoner1 View Post
      could you link me to a english tutorial on how to place it because i only know the part to place the script in the script editor pls help btw could be spanish to
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Umbreon View Post
      Before you continue.... DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UPLOAD A PHP FILE AND SETUP A MYSQL DATABASE!
      I will not personally give you a tutorial as this is more advanced an requires you to have a webhost with both PHP as well as MySQL support. The reason for this is because if you already had a webhost capable of PHP and MySQL you would (most likely) already know how to correctly set it up, or at least have a dev that can set it up for you.
      Old July 24th, 2015 (2:03 PM).

ok thanks anyway
        Old September 18th, 2015 (7:14 AM). Edited September 18th, 2015 by Sympatic.

How can I call GTSCore.install in game??

EDIT: Im a noob
          Old September 18th, 2015 (7:18 AM).

Nature: Sassy
            I've managed to create the PHP file on my site and install the trade system into my game.

My problem now is I'm unsure how to test the trading.

I created a copy of my game in a different place (desktop) and restarted the game. Using a female player with a different name than my main game using a male called Red.

The both were able to upload pokemon to the database but the girl's pokemon rewrote the slot used by Red so there were no longer matching Pokemon that should have been found and traded. Just the one the girl added while the boy game didn't even recognise the pokemon being available at all yet could withdraw his own.

I'm sorry if I'm not making sense. I can't figure out how to word it all.
            Old October 11th, 2015 (9:53 AM).

the DL doesnt work anymore, could someone reupload it pls?
              Old October 16th, 2015 (11:50 AM).

Like DJShira says, can someone reupload please? download doesnt work.
                Old October 17th, 2015 (7:34 AM).

I unfortunately do not have a backup anywhere obvious, though I'll look through some of my older flash drives to see if I have a version of it somewhere
                Old October 17th, 2015 (3:34 PM).

I have an intact and unchanged version I downloaded recently I believe. Still in zip format.

I still however have the issue I mentioned before with the system.
                  Attached Files
                  File Type: zip Trading 2.0.1.zip‎ (148.5 KB, 26 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                  Old October 17th, 2015 (3:54 PM).
                  Developer of Pokémon FireRedux Overhaul

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AndromedaKerova View Post
                    I have an intact and unchanged version I downloaded recently I believe. Still in zip format.

Thanks for the scripts man, was hoping someone would still have the .zip downloaded.

As for your problem with testing. Do both your versions of your game share the same save-folder, and have you tried testing it with one copy on a laptop, for example.
                    Old October 20th, 2015 (7:25 AM).

ty for the reupload. does someone have maybe an online battle script or "engine" that can be used with essentials lik ethe poke mmo kit that based on the essentials? since all official dl links on the official website doesnt work anymore
                      Old October 26th, 2015 (7:07 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                        Wait, does this script share one server? Because I'm making a digimon game, and I don't know if my game shares the same server, as the pokemon server,
                        things might get nasty. Errors and the what not.
                        Old October 26th, 2015 (7:25 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by MrVokan View Post
                          Thanks for the scripts man, was hoping someone would still have the .zip downloaded.

As for your problem with testing. Do both your versions of your game share the same save-folder, and have you tried testing it with one copy on a laptop, for example.
                          I'll try and make this as simple as I can.
                          Red = Boy,Leaf = Girl.

The Red game was in the place I put all my stuff I do.
                          I did all the stuff I was meant to then it came to testing and the issue started.

I made a new copy on the DESKTOP, away from the orignal folder entirely.
                          I started it from beginning with Leaf and saved to the point I could trade.

I went to the Red game and did the same then registered one of his pokemon for trade.
                          I checked and the database had taken his entry perfectly. A female shiny bulbasaur looking for a crobat was in his list.
                          Saved and exited.

Went to the Leaf game and listed her crobat, looking for a female bulbasaur.
                          I went to the site and the database had completely replaced Red's entry with Leafs instead, making only ONE entry in the system and NOT both.

I got confused, checked red if he could see leafs offering. Nope. He couldn't even see his own listing. It acted like it didn't happen yet still let him withdraw his pokemon.

Leaf couldn't see Red's offer at all. Only see her own and take hers back. It had completely overidden ingame as it had appeared to on the database.

I've tried to make that as clear as possible to my exact steps. Sorry if it's confusing.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Darkattributes197 View Post
                          Wait, does this script share one server? Because I'm making a digimon game, and I don't know if my game shares the same server, as the pokemon server,
                          things might get nasty. Errors and the what not.
                          From what I see, it uses the site url only for that part.
                          You should be able to have it on a digmon server too because the GTS script seems to use a specific database for its magic. It won't touch your databases dedicated to digimon at all.

That's how I understand it anyway. I may be wrong.
                          Old October 26th, 2015 (7:53 AM).

Quote:
                            I'll try and make this as simple as I can.
                            Red = Boy,Leaf = Girl.

The Red game was in the place I put all my stuff I do.
                            I did all the stuff I was meant to then it came to testing and the issue started.

I made a new copy on the DESKTOP, away from the orignal folder entirely.
                            I started it from beginning with Leaf and saved to the point I could trade.

I went to the Red game and did the same then registered one of his pokemon for trade.
                            I checked and the database had taken his entry perfectly. A female shiny bulbasaur looking for a crobat was in his list.
                            Saved and exited.

Went to the Leaf game and listed her crobat, looking for a female bulbasaur.
                            I went to the site and the database had completely replaced Red's entry with Leafs instead, making only ONE entry in the system and NOT both.

I got confused, checked red if he could see leafs offering. Nope. He couldn't even see his own listing. It acted like it didn't happen yet still let him withdraw his pokemon.

Leaf couldn't see Red's offer at all. Only see her own and take hers back. It had completely overidden ingame as it had appeared to on the database.

I've tried to make that as clear as possible to my exact steps. Sorry if it's confusing.

From what I see, it uses the site url only for that part.
                            You should be able to have it on a digmon server too because the GTS script seems to use a specific database for its magic. It won't touch your databases dedicated to digimon at all.

That's how I understand it anyway. I may be wrong.
                            So I can battle Digimon vs Digimon without pokemon trainers coming in the mix? Or will the digimon fight a pokemon? PS. I'm a noob at this.
                            Old October 26th, 2015 (8:56 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Darkattributes197 View Post
                              So I can battle Digimon vs Digimon without pokemon trainers coming in the mix? Or will the digimon fight a pokemon? PS. I'm a noob at this.
                              This is a trading script like the global trade station in the actual games.
                              It has absolutely nothing to do with battling nor the chances of two different games interacting like that anyway.
                              Old October 26th, 2015 (9:05 AM).

Quote:

Thanks for the re-upload. Also, sorry about not replying to your problem sooner.

Your issue was that your one character overwrites the other character's pokemon?

Well, the issue is that I *think* I had it set to where if you do new game it'd still give you the same online ID instead of a completely new one.

To resolve this (for testing) just simply rename your game to anything else so that the save data isn't read from the same location. It should work perfectly fine.
                              Old October 26th, 2015 (9:13 AM).

Quote:
                                This is a trading script like the global trade station in the actual games.
                                It has absolutely nothing to do with battling nor the chances of two different games interacting like that anyway.
                                Thanks! I'll make sure to use this! Thanks for the clarification!
                                Old October 26th, 2015 (9:58 AM).

I have re-uploaded the Trading script, I also added a new setting which is only useful in a very specific situation, so you probably won't need to worry about touching that setting at all.

As always, the GTS script can be found in the main post near the bottom.
                                Old October 26th, 2015 (3:51 PM).

I have this error when I call GTS.open
                                  The GTSCore.install worked good (it created the tables on database)

Old October 26th, 2015 (4:55 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by A Dork of Pork View Post
                                    I have re-uploaded the Trading script, I also added a new setting which is only useful in a very specific situation, so you probably won't need to worry about touching that setting at all.

As always, the GTS script can be found in the main post near the bottom.
                                    Just wanted to let you know that the GTS.PHP in the new zip seems to be an IDENTICLE copy of the MAIN SCRIPT.

Shouldn't it be more like 2.0.1 was? (NOT FULL SCRIPT)
                                    Code:
                                    <?php
                                    	/****
                                    		GTS.php
                                    			* By Umbreon

- For use with Umbreon's trading system for Pokemon Essentials
                                    		- Please edit the variables starting from $user ending at $table
                                    		- After Editing, you can continue with main instructions
                                    	****/
                                    	$user = "root";
                                    	$password = "";
                                    	$host = "localhost";
                                    	$port = 3306;
                                    	$database = "pokemon";
                                    	$settings_table = "settings";
                                    	$table = "gts";

$version = "2.0.1";
                                    	$default_message = "GTS, Version: $version";

mysql_connect($host, $user, $password, $port) or die(mysql_error());

if (!isset($_POST["action"]))
                                    	{
                                    		die($default_message);
                                    	}
                                    	else
                                    	{
                                    Old October 26th, 2015 (5:41 PM).

Quote:
                                    Just wanted to let you know that the GTS.PHP in the new zip seems to be an IDENTICLE copy of the MAIN SCRIPT.

Shouldn't it be more like 2.0.1 was? (NOT FULL SCRIPT)
                                    Code:
                                    <?php
                                    	/****
                                    		GTS.php
                                    			* By Umbreon

- For use with Umbreon's trading system for Pokemon Essentials
                                    		- Please edit the variables starting from $user ending at $table
                                    		- After Editing, you can continue with main instructions
                                    	****/
                                    	$user = "root";
                                    	$password = "";
                                    	$host = "localhost";
                                    	$port = 3306;
                                    	$database = "pokemon";
                                    	$settings_table = "settings";
                                    	$table = "gts";

$version = "2.0.1";
                                    	$default_message = "GTS, Version: $version";

mysql_connect($host, $user, $password, $port) or die(mysql_error());

if (!isset($_POST["action"]))
                                    	{
                                    		die($default_message);
                                    	}
                                    	else
                                    	{
                                    What am I doing today? :l I have no idea how I accidentally did that.

But yes, it is fixed now and I apologize for the mishap xD
                                    Old October 26th, 2015 (6:38 PM).

Ok, I've replaced the old stuff with the new ones but I STILL have the same issue as before. In both separate games, their online ID is 1. They can't trade because of that. Restarting a new game on one set does not help. It always gets the ID of 1.
                                      Old October 26th, 2015 (7:54 PM).

Quote:
                                      Ok, I've replaced the old stuff with the new ones but I STILL have the same issue as before. In both separate games, their online ID is 1. They can't trade because of that. Restarting a new game on one set does not help. It always gets the ID of 1.
                                      Try deleting the save data and creating a new one. Don't just do new game, but actually make sure that the "game.rxdata" file is destroyed. Or you could turn the new switch added "KEEP_OLD_IDS" to false and you can do new game. Either of these methods should assign you a new Online ID. (if you're using the latter, make sure you set "KEEP_OLD_IDS" back to true)

Make sure to do that only to one of the two games, or both. It doesn't really matter, but only doing one will be faster.

Quick Reply