• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FR & Em | Pokémon Party Screen Modifications (Base, HGSS and BW Styles)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Introduction:
Remember Againsts? The guy who made a BW Styled Pokémon Party Screen Patch and allowed Delta231 to post it?
Turns out he (Againsts) didn't have the permission to share that patch and the version that was posted is somewhat incomplete. Not only that, it was for Fire Red alone.
The true thing which I'm bringing to y'all today with the permission of its authors is actually provided in 3 different forms and for both, Pokémon Fire Red AND Emerald.

Pictures:
Up: Emerald | Down: Fire Red
ShuRIOx.png

Download (Last Updated: 22/12/2018):
The download includes the 3 patches for both games in 2 separate folders, and a document explaining some things to create an original Pokémon Party screen.
Click here.

Credits:
Kiy - ASM
usigusom - ASM
() - ASM
黒インク - Graphic

And that's pretty much it.​

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
I never knew Against didn't have the permission to release the patch and it was made by someone else. I will redirect my thread to your thread. Awesome job on finding the complete patch.

BZL

Japanese Rom Hacker
Years
I appreciate that credits were given to the original authors.
Also, I think it was good to released a patch for emerald that was not provided for some reason.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Love the B/W style screen. Unfortunately, it does cause an issue with the double battle the player has with Steven at the Mossdeep Space Center. It causes resets upon attempting to switch pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hey! I'd like to report two bugs with the Black/White patch for Pokemon Emerald. When using the patch, attempting to switch Pokemon during the double battle with Steven in the space center will cause an immediate soft reset. Also, if you attempt to select more than the normal amount of Pokemon in any prompt that asks you select pokemon (like in the battle tower where you select 3 pokemon. If you try to select 4 it triggers this bug) the confirm button's sprite will bug out. Hope you can look into fixing this!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
When the creator gets around to reading this, I'd like to also clarify that I did these tests on a completely unmodified version of Pokémon emerald and had the same results. It's a great patch, I hope this can get fixed soon!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Love the B/W style screen. Unfortunately, it does cause an issue with the double battle the player has with Steven at the Mossdeep Space Center. It causes resets upon attempting to switch pokemon.
Hey! I'd like to report two bugs with the Black/White patch for Pokemon Emerald. When using the patch, attempting to switch Pokemon during the double battle with Steven in the space center will cause an immediate soft reset. Also, if you attempt to select more than the normal amount of Pokemon in any prompt that asks you select pokemon (like in the battle tower where you select 3 pokemon. If you try to select 4 it triggers this bug) the confirm button's sprite will bug out. Hope you can look into fixing this!
Why didn't someone check the Steven part in Emerald? It's kind of important lol
they must be busy with something. only we have to wait for a solution.
Fixed. Y'all can find the new download in the main post.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023

Awesome, thank you very much for your work! I would like to mention that the "confirm button bug" does still exist though. Granted it's really minor, it would be awesome to see this be fixed. If it's not really possible that's totally fine, the patches are fantastic either way.

To clarify exactly how this bug can be reproduced in Pokemon Emerald:

1) Go to any screen that requires a selection of a certain amount of Pokemon (like the Battle Tower)

https://gyazo.com/0ae9663c67440f53845faa499638e5cd

2) Select your allowed amount of Pokemon, then attempt to select another one. It will bring up this error prompt

https://gyazo.com/f117ed10823ce3cb273bcbc50f3284d6

3) When this error prompt appears the confirm button glitches out. It can still be pressed and functions correctly but is distorted visually.

https://i.gyazo.com/3b1f9239254392feb954370bb84f701b.png

Years
Awesome, thank you very much for your work! I would like to mention that the "confirm button bug" does still exist though. Granted it's really minor, it would be awesome to see this be fixed. If it's not really possible that's totally fine, the patches are fantastic either way.

To clarify exactly how this bug can be reproduced in Pokemon Emerald:

1) Go to any screen that requires a selection of a certain amount of Pokemon (like the Battle Tower)

https://gyazo.com/0ae9663c67440f53845faa499638e5cd

2) Select your allowed amount of Pokemon, then attempt to select another one. It will bring up this error prompt

https://gyazo.com/f117ed10823ce3cb273bcbc50f3284d6

3) When this error prompt appears the confirm button glitches out. It can still be pressed and functions correctly but is distorted visually.

https://i.gyazo.com/3b1f9239254392feb954370bb84f701b.png
Have you patched over the patched rom?
Here is working fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-21-02-13-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-02-13-04.png
    31 KB · Views: 85
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Oh interesting. I did patch over the already patched rom actually. It fixed the Steven issue so I assumed this issue would have been fixed as well if it had been addressed. Is there any way to erase the patch data and simply redo it with this new patch? I have no idea what offsets are changed by this patch

Years
Oh interesting. I did patch over the already patched rom actually. It fixed the Steven issue so I assumed this issue would have been fixed as well if it had been addressed. Is there any way to erase the patch data and simply redo it with this new patch? I have no idea what offsets are changed by this patch
Download a clean rom, apply the old patch over it and after apply the new patch. Create a new patch telling the modified rom is the clean rom and the unmodified one as clean patched(patched) rom. This will create a patch that clean the other two patch together. Use this patch to clean your latest rom and apply the last version of Lunos patch. Always make backup to prevent this kind of issue. ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Download a clean rom, apply the old patch over it and after apply the new patch. Create a new patch telling the modified rom is the clean rom and the unmodified one as clean patched(patched) rom. This will create a patch that clean the other two patch together. Use this patch to clean your latest rom and apply the last version of Lunos patch. Always make backup to prevent this kind of issue. ;)

Wow, that's actually really smart. Thank you! It worked :D

Years

I saw that your patch already put transparency and changed a huge amount of data near 0xd96c00. It overwrited some data in my game but it still didn't break my game.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
With the forum being down for a while and such, I forgot to post about a new bug that was found in the Fire Red patches, that was also already fixed.
Basically, Rubire4 from Wahack found out that the blue bar with additional information that Fire Red has for the HMs glitches the pokémon party screen a little bit.
Gladly, the bug was already fixed. I'm updating the link in the main post as I write this.

Here's a small comparison before and after:
UYVj297.gif
e7fILnU.gif

Back