• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
No, it was checked, though there is a tutorial out there that instructs people to uncheck it o_o;

Yeah, I know. But you should never uncheck it, indeed. Was the image you instert too big? Did you repoint it? What did you edit exactly, except the Pokémon image? Also, did you try inserting only the picture on a clean ROM to see if you get the same problem.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So I've attempted to insert a new pokémon sprite into FR at least 3 times now, and each time I go to do battle with my newly created monster, all I get is a black screen with the battle music continuing to play in the background.

As far as I'm aware it's indexed correctly, and I think I'm inserting it correctly as far as using ulNZ goes. I've followed a couple of tutorials (which aren't the best sad2say), and they pretty much tell me to do the same thing.

But it still doesn't work.

I have a tutorial on how to insert new pokemon...
but oh well... before I go to sleep...

check these...
1. make sure the image is in 64x64 in size...
2. the image is saved in PNG format...
3. the palletes/colours should be 16 only...

if you insert it into your ROM and Unlz-GBA says that it's too big, search for free offsets and...
Spoiler:

use FSF or a hex editor to search for free offsets...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah, I know. But you should never uncheck it, indeed. Was the image you instert too big? Did you repoint it? What did you edit exactly, except the Pokémon image? Also, did you try inserting only the picture on a clean ROM to see if you get the same problem.
It's 64x64 pixels. Yeah, repointed to blank space.

You know, it could be how I did it. I don't want to overwrite any other sprites so when I load my ROM in unLZ, I just click "import", choose my image, then press "write to ROM", input my offsets, check "export image", "export palette" and "auto abort" and press OK.

Afterwards I use Pokemon Editor Pro and edit the data on one of the empty slots accordingly.

Well it's 1.30 AM. I'll try on a clean ROM later, roffle.

Yeah destinedjagold, I followed your tutorial the first time and it didn't work. Am I supposed to check all the boxes? I was told not to check "Automatically fix pointers".

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
It's 64x64 pixels. Yeah, repointed to blank space.

You know, it could be how I did it. I don't want to overwrite any other sprites so when I load my ROM in unLZ, I just click "import", choose my image, then press "write to ROM", input my offsets, check "export image", "export palette" and "auto abort" and press OK.

Afterwards I use Pokemon Editor Pro and edit the data on one of the empty slots accordingly.

Well it's 1.30 AM. I'll try on a clean ROM later, roffle.

Yeah destinedjagold, I followed your tutorial the first time and it didn't work. Am I supposed to check all the boxes? I was told not to check "Automatically fix pointers".

Yes, you should check "Automatically fix pointers" unless you change the pointer yourself. Also, where was the new image imported exactly? The offset, I mean.

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
I've really been killing myself about my hack. I'm getting nowhere with it because i dont know how to make events. Can someone tell me how to make events like your rival coming up and talking to you or a story?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've really been killing myself about my hack. I'm getting nowhere with it because i dont know how to make events. Can someone tell me how to make events like your rival coming up and talking to you or a story?

That's called "scripting". Hence you need a script editor. I would suggest XSE, which has a built-in guide as well.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
thank you! do you know how i am supposed to make a script to make the events happen?

I strongly suggest you to read the guide that comes with XSE. It contains all the info you need to start/make a hack, basically. Of course decompiling existings script - or "events", if you wish to call them so - will help. But trying yourself is just the best advice I can give you. In case you're totally lost and you tried really anything, then you may want to ask in the Script Help thread.

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
thank you. XSE is really confusing for me. Though its a very good program. Well thanks and ill try and see what i can do

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
thank you. XSE is really confusing for me. Though its a very good program. Well thanks and ill try and see what i can do

You're welcome. You just need to get used to it. I'm sure it won't take much ;)

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
im sorry but this is way to confusing. what do i type for events and than where do i put it? I read the entire guide and didnt understand. I hope im not bothering you. Your the only one that knows about this. I mean you did create the program. So do you think you can help me?

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Offset? Well, I presume you want to change what birch releases, right? There a tool called IntroEd. You can find it here: Click

Hope that helps.

yea but it won't change the sound, so i thought there would be a script of the full intro so i can change the sound for it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Invalid command in PokeScript?

This question has been asked before but no one answered, so:

On advance map, whoever I click--whether it's an NPC or a character that I've made and have successfully complied the script with--when I click on the "Open Script" button, it gives me this message:

Invalid Command : pokemon
(This is in PokeScript)

This is when I chose ":" for the prompt that asked me how offsets are separated. Since that didn't work I chose " " instead, and it gave me this message:

Invalid Command : d:\vba\pokemon
(I have everything related to emulators and their supported games in that vba folder)

I have done this before successfully on another computer, so I'm at a loss at why it isn't working on this computer. Anyone know how to solve the problem?

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years

On advance map, whoever I click--whether it's an NPC or a character that I've made and have successfully complied the script with--when I click on the "Open Script" button, it gives me this message:

(This is in PokeScript)

This is when I chose ":" for the prompt that asked me how offsets are separated. Since that didn't work I chose " " instead, and it gave me this message:

(I have everything related to emulators and their supported games in that vba folder)

I have done this before successfully on another computer, so I'm at a loss at why it isn't working on this computer. Anyone know how to solve the problem?

try xse instead

its much less buggy

and ask in the script help thread (i think) next time

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a question. In a script, if I want to change the map's footer, how do I do that? The Map footer is written kinda weird in the game.

If I do it in a level script, what do I write as the new map footer? Do I write the Map Footer Offset? Or does anyone have a list of all of the map footer numbers?
(Cause I noticed I need a "Map Footer Number" But I dont know what those numbers are... if anyone can hel, it would be GREATLY appreciated.)
Also are the map footer changes permanent like a setflag until it is changed back? or does it change every time you enter the map?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

(This is in PokeScript)

You can't open scripts in Pokescript.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
..............okay i downloaded pokemon genesis file how do i use it?
SORRY

Umm..do you mean the IPS file? You need a program called LIPS. Open the file you downloaded and a window should pop up and click on an un-modified clean rom (either R/S or FR/LG).

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
THANKIES

Umm..do you mean the IPS file? You need a program called LIPS. Open the file you downloaded and a window should pop up and click on an un-modified clean rom (either R/S or FR/LG).

HEHE thanks can i stupid question....of course its on google.
okay and this also :(
On Advance Map
How do i make a new person event a trainer battle?
I've added the person but how do i add pokemon cause im afraid if i dont ill get a ? pokemon (they scare me)
*looks around wariliy*

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
HEHE thanks can i stupid question....of course its on google.
okay and this also :(
On Advance Map
How do i make a new person event a trainer battle?
I've added the person but how do i add pokemon cause im afraid if i dont ill get a ? pokemon (they scare me)
*looks around wariliy*

you need to script a trainer battle with the trainer number to be found through the hacking program called PET.
then you can edit the trainer's pkmn party in many ways; PET, Trainer Edit, Amplifier Ae, hex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back