• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultima Cup OOC (T)

Serin

Noob
Years
Name: Drayden Reaper

Appearance: Roughly 5'10 to 6'0, his once young, athletic build now a bit thin and frail, Drayden Reaper is an older man, his appearance is evident of that. His rugged face from many years of battling and adventures is covered by an aged beard stretching from his ears and extending just a bit under his chin. Once black, now unsaturated with accents of gray, it compliments his thinning hair combed backwards, long enough to cover the middle of his neck. His skin is now aged and cracked from days without proper nutrition. His lips are chapped, his sharp cheekbones and nose creates somewhat of an arrow shape under his gray eyes, dark but wise. Thick eyebrows rest tireledly over his once passionate eyes. Hints of once happy days are the few wrinkles on his forehead, the corner of his mouth, and under his eyes. He wears the same faded brown trench coat everywear over layers of tattered shirts and sweaters, only removing them during the summer or in hot regions. His black pants are ripped and worn, splashed with mud at the bottom. His worn, black boots are brown from mud and dirt. He wears a leather belt that he built himself to hold his Poke'balls and a pocket for his red journal that he still uses.

Personality: Drayden, also known as "Dray" by friends or "The Reaper" by enemies, is a very solitary man. Because of his situations growing up, he never had time for a lot of friends and only made few companions throughout his journeys. He used to be very spirited and eager of new adventures, but his old age has taken its toll on him, physically and emotionally. Now he spends time writing, recording his memories, or what he can recollect. Despite his hermit-like lifestyle, he loves people and he especially loves Pokemon. Drayden often enjoys talking about his past experiences, especially to younger trainers. When he's not writing or entertaining people with his stories, Drayden likes to keep his elder Pokemon training, believing that no Pokemon could ever reach its peak level and there is always room for improvement. After years of making mistakes, getting into trouble, Drayden has become very wise. This leads him to be calm and cool-tempered, thinking his way through problems and somewhat philosophical; questioning things and thinking past the surface.

History and motives for entering: Drayden Reaper was born in Pallet Town to a very poor couple: Samuel and Maria Reaper. His dad was an alcoholic, often abandoning his family to go to the small bar in Viridian City, and was an avid gambler. He once made a bad deal with the head of Team Rocket and was executed, leaving just Drayden and his single mother. They lived in a shack built a few yards off of Route 1, as they couldn't even afford to pay the taxes to live in Pallet Town. Drayden, however, associated with kids from Pallet Town as well as Viridian City.

At the age of 7 he began venturing off on his own to the nearby towns and that is when he met Oak who introduced him to everything about Pokemon. Drayden always knew what Pokemon were, as he grew up in the Wild, but never knew what they were capable of. Drayden and Oak, who was a bit older and already started his Pokemon journey, became good friends, and Oak promised to Drayden that when he turned 10, he would help him get his first Pokemon. When that day finally came, on his 10th birthday, Drayden visited Oak at his father's lab. Oak and his father were happy to help Drayden, they asked him what Pokemon has he seen that fascinated him the most. His answer was Dratini; he had seen one when him and Oak sneaked across the bridge to Fushsia City and into the Safari Zone. Oak knew that would be his choice, as he seen the passion in Drayden's eyes as the little Dragon Pokemon showed itself to them that one day. And with a few strings pulled by Oak's father, Drayden received a baby Dratini that day. He also received a bright red journal and pen to record all the Pokemon he would see on his journeys.

His journeys took him all over the world, visiting various regions, going through towns and defeating all the gym leaders. He rarely had money and couldn't afford to give his Pokemon proper health care at a Pokemon Center. However, this allowed his Pokemon become stronger as they adapted to taking heavy damage; their endurance increased and became exceptionally powerful. He never could afford Pokeballs, and Dratini, whom he nicknamed "Drake," was his only Pokemon until he traveled to Azalea Town and met a young man named Kurt whom learned to craft Pokeballs from his father and taught Drayden. After learning the skill, he set out to capture any Pokemon he could. To this day, Drayden has captured and recorded 324 Pokemon from all over the world. Most of them are stored at his old friend Prof. Oak's lab.

After years of living in poverty by his choice; his only passion was capturing and training Pokemon, Drayden realized he was growing old and couldn't keep going on long, tiring journeys, however, he couldn't afford to settle down anywhere. He heard news of The Ultima Cup and the prize of 2.5 million dollars. He couldn't afford to enter into other League's as there was often an entry fee, but decided this would be his chance.

Current Team:
Drake: Dragonite--Male--Multiscale--Dragon Rush, Outrage, Hyper Beam, Dragon Dance
History: Drake was given to Drayden as a baby Dratini by Oak and his dad. It was his first and only Pokemon until Drayden turned 15. It evolved quickly to a Dragonite through so many battles and living through harsh conditions.

Lila:Meganium--Female--xx-Solarbeam, Aroma Therapy, Petal Dance, Magical Leaf
History: Lila was the first Pokemon Drayden captured on his own. It was the leader of a group of Chikorita and Bayleef he came across in the Ilex Forest after learning how to craft Poke'balls from Kurt in Azalea Town. It was already very powerful, but Drake, already a Dragonair, was able to defeat the Pokemon, and the Meganium accepted Drayden as a worthy trainer.

Silver:Charizard--Male--Blast Burn--Flare Blitz, Inferno, Flamethrower, Slash
History: After a few years of exploring the Johto region, returning to the Kanto region, and capturing many Pokemon in between, Drayden, now 22 years old, along with Prof. Oak and his group of researchers, went to Johto on an exploration to find a valley known to be filled with Charizard. Here, as Prof. Oak examined the powerful fire Pokemon, Drayden found himself inside one of the beast's lair and stumbled upon Team Rocket up to no good. They were antagonizing an elder Charizard whom was protecting an egg. Before Drayden could step in, the Charizard was restrained by an electrical net and stabbed in the heart; its fire on its tail burned brighter and brighter until the flame engulfed the Charizard and turned it to ash. Drayden and his team defeated Team Rocket and took the egg for safe keeping. It eventually hatched into an albino Charmander whom Drayden named Silver. Drayden decided to keep Silver as apart of his party and it eventually evolved into Charmeleon, then into Charizard.

Blade:Scyther--Male--Steadfast--Swords Dance, Air Slash, X-Scissor, Slash
History: While in Kanto for his 26th birthday, Drayden was ambushed by a pack of Scythers. Him and his team managed to fight off the Scyther and he even captured one. Blade was very disobedient towards Drayden, despite his experience as a trainer. However, Blade became one of Drayden's favorite Pokemon. On a venture through Team Rocket territory, Drayden and Blade had a Team Rocket administrator pinned down. Drayden ordered Blade to let the member go, but being stubborn and rash, decapitated the Administrator. Fleeing Team Rocket members told the story and Drayden was infamously nicknamed "The Reaper" by his enemies. Despite the unfortunate fatality, Drayden still kept Blade in his party, and after some years, the Scyther began to grow on him.

Lucy:Gallade--Male--Steadfast--Psycho Cut, Teleport, Double Team, Close Combat
History: Close to 40 years old, Drayden was exploring the Hoenn region. Ralts was one of the Pokemon he captured. Drayden trains every single Pokemon he captures, and Ralts wasn't an exclusion. While training in Mt. Chimney, Drayden and, his newly evolved Kirlia (whom he named Lucy as he thought it was a female) came across a strange glowing rock. Kirlia began to glow and evolved into Gallade, a Pokemon Drayden had never seen before. He traveled back to Kanto with a sample of the rock to talk to Prof. Oak about it. Gallade was a new Pokemon to those regions; it was rarely found in Sinnoh if anywhere. This inspired Drayden to travel to the Sinnoh region.

Empress:Empoleon--Female--Torrent--Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Metal Claw, Drill Peck
History: After discovering Gallade in the Hoenn region and inspired to travel to the Sinnoh region, Drayden first landed in Sandgem Town where he immediately befriended Prof. Rowan whom also was a friend of Prof. Oak. Rowan was amazed with Drayden's vast journeys and large database of Pokemon. He gifted Drayden a Piplup. Piplup stayed in Drayden's party and eventually evolved into Empoleon.

I think all of you young trainers are gonna have a hard time on your hands. ;)

Years
Accepted, he's tough but that is reasonable due to his experience so it is okay, just remember to keep him balanced with other characters.

Note: Please start posting in the IC ASAP

Serin

Noob
Years
Accepted, he's tough but that is reasonable due to his experience so it is okay, just remember to keep him balanced with other characters.

Note: Please start posting in the IC ASAP

Thanks. And of course.

Is there gonna be a general plot or guide we should follow? Or do we just go around and battle for now?

I think you should elaborate a bit more on the locations and the Ultima Cup in general. It seems to be a bit like the Hunger Games (especially the survival area) but less gruesome.

How does each zone look? Where are the located in relativity to the other zones? Ect.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
I would post but it looks like I'm not actually on the players/characters list (which also doesn't correspond with the number of spots you say are taken?) Is that just a mistake or do I have to do something else with the sign up? oAo

I too would like to know if we should follow a specific plot, if there are any rules for battling trainers (both PC and NPC alike) or catching new pokemon o3o

Years
It's just an error ink, post away. I'm going to get around to fixing it soon.

@Serin they are the same as from D/P/Pt just imagine them on a larger scale. As for story this RP is mostly freeplay with the only major story shift being when I move us into the finals :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Okay then I've posted! Started up some interaction with Drayden since he's the only other person who's posted and is in the survival zone; I wanted Jack to start in the Survival Zone -v-;;

-brooke

not gonna raichu a love song
Years
Hey, sorry for my late first post! I haven't actually posted it yet, but I'm working on it. c:
I've been working constantly and haven't had much time to do anything for the past two days. -___-

Years
It's okay, I'm looking forward to it.

Edit:
@ -Brooke: Do you have a preferred outcome for this? I was thinking a draw would be a nice start.

Last edited:

-brooke

Years

Edit:
@ -Brooke: Do you have a preferred outcome for this? I was thinking a draw would be a nice start.

Not necessarily. I think a draw is a good idea.

Serin

Noob
Years

Edit:

I haven't been in too many RP's.
So..
On the topic of battles/interactions.

Do we simply wait for a response to our response to the other person's response.
Example.

John: *long post then runs into Sarah.*
Sarah: *short post interacting to John's introduction.*
John: *short post reacting to Sarah's response to his introduction.*

And it would be a series of short posts, rarely moving the story along? Or is that the whole idea of it? To create sort a "script" of dialogue between two characters in the RP until another action happens to progress the story?

And in the case of battles. I assume we would have to wait for the opponent to finish their post reacting to our attack?

John: *Charizard uses flamethrower*
waits
Sarah: *Blastoise dodges flamethrower, uses Skull Bash*
John: *Skull Bash hits Charizard. Charizard grabs Blastoise and flys up with him, preparing a Seismic Toss.*
On that last line, would we be able to go ahead and do the full attack, or give the opponent time to react, likeso-
Sarah: *Blastoise uses Hydro Pump knocking Charizard back, forcing him to let go of Blastoise.*

I know we can't make every turn a dodge/counter, but how will we decide what attack hits/ect. Is it just up to the responsibility of the RP'er to not godmod (or whatever its called lol)?

Years
You generally try to flesh it out as much as you can so be as descriptive as you possibly can. Don't let my shorter responses at the moment fool you I have been doing most of m writing late at night or early in the morning as of late.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Can i post my SU tomorrow ?

Is my spot reserved ? I will definitely post tomorrow or later today.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
[FONT=&quot]Name: Ethan Servais[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
Appearance:
Ethan's dark chocolate brown hair does as it wishes. It has been cut so that it is long enough to have a mind of its own, but not quite long enough to go past his ears. When the sun hits it at just the right angle, it appears to be black. His eyes are a light grey color and far wiser than they once were, though they still retain a certain level of the arrogant haughtiness that prevailed in his youth. They contrast with his tanned skin, from working outside for hours a day with his Pokemon. As a result of the same, he is well muscled and acclimated to extensive physical activity. Ethan's favorite shirt is still a dark grey one with an smokey abstract Gyarados design, as it has been since he was young, though it is a different one since then, naturally. He stands at six feet even, but isn't very intimidating; his expression is soft and gentle, and his temper is slow to ignite.

His wardrobe generally consists of black or white tanks, fairly baggy shirts of various colors, jeans for casual occasions, and cargo pants when he plans to go training. Ethan's shoes contrast heavily from one purpose to another. He has reasonably clean black tennis shoes for the every day, and plain black boots when he trains. They're thick soled, scuffed, and highly funtional.

When the roleplay begins, Ethan will be wearing the aforementioned Gyarados shirt over a black undershirt, dark khaki cargo pants, the boots, and a short sleeved khaki vest-style jacket with several pockets. There are six on the front, each embroidered with a name in a certain color. The first says Verde in a soft green; the second, Flare in flame red; the third, Maverick in a light blue; the fourth, Kodona in silver; the fifth, Oliver in a creamy color; and the sixth, Calix in lilac purple. On his head he will be wearing a black bandana in the sweatband fashion, with the Sarvais family crest embroidered in gold thread.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Personality: Though he tries not to be, Ethan has a tendency to be proud, arrogant, and over confident. In his youth these qualities prevailed over all others to the extreme. Since then he has matured considerably, but there's still a hint of the old haughtiness every now and then, particularly in battle. He has learned a respect for his Pokemon and he never asks more of them than they are capable of delivering. This does not mean he does not push them; he just doesn't expect them to exhaust themselves. His best mate in the entire world is Verde, his Butterfree. He takes pride in their bond, as well as her training, seeing as he has been the one presiding over her training for the last decade.

Somewhat stoic, Ethan isn't the type to gush emotions out into the open where anyone can see them. On the other hand when he cares for someone he always assures that they know it. He is very hardworking and will push his body to the physical limit, though he is expert at figuring out when his Pokemon need rest. His aspirations are to bring the Sarvais family name to the highest glory he can. When he was young his father told him to make the family look good, and he intends to make that happen. As much as his father has expressed disappointment in him throughout his lifetime, Ethan always strives to make him proud.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
History and motives for entering: Ethan grew up with his mother and father in Canalave City, where his father owned several ships. Seeing as Canalave is a hub of trade they made a fair deal of money, ascertaining that they never wanted for anything. Being an only child Ethan was spoiled beyond what he ought to have been and given anything he asked for, whether it was essential to his happiness and wellbeing. The family owned a pet Glameow--or more accurately, Ethan's mother coveted a very fat and aggressive Glameow that she insisted was a family pet. Though he never liked it, when he was young Ethan would take it out into the front yard and train it to attack trees and such. That didn't go so well, as it was too fat to move quickly, but it sparked his interest in eventually building a Pokemon team.

When he was ten Ethan's father's business went under, quite literally; a massive population increase of Wailmer caused the sea to become saturated with the spherical fish Pokemon. One by one they sank the Sarvais' ships. With nothing left for them in Canalave they moved to Sandgem. Ethan neither liked nor disliked the move; he never really got along with kids in Canalave. In Sandgem it was much easier to manipulate the more sheltered children into thinking he was a cool rich kid and they should like him because of that. He matured slightly as he grew older, but not by much. He at least learned to be kinder to his peers, to manipulate people less, and to appreciate what he had slightly more. No matter the change, however, he was still a spoiled rich brat at heart. So when the distribution of Pokemon was announced he had to be one of the first to sign up. With his spot securely taken, all he had to do was wait to be introduced to the partner that would be with him, so he hoped, for the rest of his life. The partner was not at all what he had accepted; when he went to Professor Birch's lab he was given a Caterpie. Angered by what he considered to be an unfair twist of fate, he got halfway between Sandgem and Jubilife when he tried to abandon the Caterpie. Despite his best efforts, however, guilt overcame him and he turned back before he got to Jubilife. Then he resolved never to be so callous again and to accept what was given to him. It was an important lesson that would stay with him.

When he reached Jubilife Ethan traded a Rattata he'd captured for Flare, the Vulpix. On his way to the next city he captured Maverick, who happened to be a Magikarp at the time. After his evolution he, along with his two teammates, became Ethan's most highly used Pokemon. This rings true to this day.

Ethan defeated the Sinnoh league and the Elite Four when he was seventeen, two years after he started. After that he returned home to his parents for a while to prove that he had brought glory to the family name. For the first time in his life his father told him he was proud of him, while his mother cooed over Verde, his old Caterpie evolved into Butterfree, and Flare. The next step, he decided, was to move to Hoenn and take that challenge as well. He would not rest until he had at least two Elite Four victories under his belt.

In Hoenn he acquired Oliver the Persian - a Meowth at the time - and Calix the Espeon, in that order. Oliver, he caught. Calix, he he traded for a Noctowl he'd caught in Sinnoh. The Noctowl, named Yoruna, had never been one of his favorite Pokemon. He used her for her strength, but seeing as she'd tried and almost succeeded in eating Verde when he caught her, he'd always disliked her. Calix was a much better addition to his team, primarily because he didn't try to eat anyone.

In the Hoenn league, Ethan was just as successful as he'd been in the Sinnoh league. He adored Hoenn, so when he was finished he settled down in Lavaridge. Training in this area helped his team to build a resistance to Fire and Rock types.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Through word of mouth Ethan had heard about the Ultima Cup over the years but he had never believed his team ready for it. However, after the rigorous training in Lavaridge he finally thinks they're ready for the heavy competition. Money is not his motive; obviously he has had money throughout his childhood and he knows that it is not as important as some may think. No, he wants entry into the Johto league without having to go through the gym battles. With that victory he would only have to challenge Unova and Kanto before he'd mastered every reachable area. That, surely, would make his father proud.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Current Team as of entry (species, gender, ability, 4 moves)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Verde
-Butterfree
-Female
-Verde was Ethan's first Pokemon. Received from Birch as a Caterpie, he wasn't a big fan of her at first. In fact, he tried to abandon her. But he came back for her, and since then their bond has grown. Ethan usually lets her stay out of her ball and if she can't perch on his shoulder, she grasps his back and folds her wings, making it look almost as though he has wings. She's wildly territorial and doesn't like other females of any species around him, besides the Pokemon on her team. Other than that she's docile and will only attack when ordered to.
-Verde looks exactly like any other female Butterfree, with dark spots on her lower wings, save for eight lighter purple markings on her right side. On closer inspection it is apparent that they are scars in the shape of talons. This is due to when Ethan's Noctowl from the Sinnoh league tried to carry her off and eat her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Compoundeyes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Quiver Dance, Solarbeam, Psychic, Bug Buzz

-Flare
-Ninetales
-Female
-Ethan caught a Rattata between Sandgem and Jubilife when he was fifteen. He traded that Rattata in Jubilife for Flare and has never regretted it. She didn't like him much when he first got her, but over time she's grown affectionate toward him. Flare evolved during Ethan's gym battle with Flannery, surprising him. As it turns out there was a fire stone laying on the ground and she accidentally stepped on it. Neither of them regret it, since it has caused a huge boost in her power.
-There is no real unique quality to Flare's appearance. If anything, her forelock is a bit longer. Around her neck she wears a brown leather collar with a little gold tag with her name on it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Flash Fire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Attract, Disable

-Maverick
-Gyarados
-Male
-Ethan caught Maverick as a Magikarp in a pond just outside Jubilife. He was a total accident; Ethan initially threw the ball at an Abra, that teleported out of the way just in time. When it evolved it became his powerhouse. For every tough battle he sends Maverick in first, because he knows that he is quite capable of winning through sheer strength. Maverick is like nitroglycerin. He is completely gentle, unless someone touches him. This is only unauthorized touching, mind. Ethan and his teammates are fine, but if other trainers touch him he will attack first and ask later.
-Maverick is about the same as any other Gyarados as far as appearance goes, but his scales are a slightly lighter blue than those of other Gyarados.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Intimidate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Hydro Pump, Thrash, Dragon Dance, Scald

-Kodona
-Lairon
-Female
-Kodona was Ethan's fourth Pokemon. Captured as an Aron, she has been an integral part of his battling team since. Often he will pair her with Maverick as a double battle team. Maverick will use Hydro Pump, Thrash, and other such vicious attacks, and Kodona will use Earthquake. Maverick is immune to it, so it is a devastating attack that doesn't affect her team mate. Due to all of their battles together Kodona and Maverick have developed a strong bond. It's difficult to have the two of them out at the same time, but whenever he can Ethan allows them to have time together.
-Kodona is meticulous about the cleanliness of her armor. She keeps it clean and shining at all times and prides herself on how strong it is.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Rock Head[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Take Down, Earthquake, Metal Sound, Iron Defense

-Oliver
-Persian
-Male
-Oliver was digging out of the trash outside Ethan's house when he found him. On a whim he sent Verde to incapacitate him so that he could capture him. The attempt was successful. Seeing as Ethan has not challenged a league since he captured Oliver, he has not seen much action. He has, however, seen just enough to have evolved into a Persian. Oliver's evolution didn't change his inherently sweet and gentle nature, nor his adoration of Pecha berries.
-Oliver's ears are floppy, almost like a dog or newborn kitten. One would think this would inhibit his hearing but it in fact does not. His tail is more curled than is normal as well, suggesting that he's very healthy and well cared for, but inexperienced.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Limber[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Slash, Power Gem, Screech, Swagger

-Calix
-Espeon
-Male
-A traveler passing through Lavaridge posted a sign at the Center advertising that he had an Espeon for trade. The traveler noted that he wanted a good strong Flying type. That meant Yoruna. Ethan went to the Center rooms and offered the Noctowl for trade. It was accepted immediately, which meant that Ethan had a new addition to his team. Calix turned out to be perfect. He and Verde worked well together, and are a perfect double battle team. Calix is quiet; in fact, Ethan had never heard him make a single sound, besides purrs. He is of the belief that he is mute. But Calix expresses everything he needs to with his large purple eyes.
-Calix is slick, thin, and lithe. His size allows him to move quickly, and he's incredibly graceful. His mannerisms are reminiscent of a dancer, even.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Synchronize[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Psychic, Future Sight, Last Resort, Protect[/FONT]

Years
Yay, another trainer with daddy issues XD

You're in but be careful not to make your character too good. That makes it full, sorry to the previous reserve but you took longer than you said and in my experience that usually means you won't sing-up at all.

-brooke

Years
I am sooooo sorry. My internet has been down for almost a week, which is why I haven't responded. Posting now.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Can you tell me when you have another spot ? I have my SU. I Was in a flight, so I could not post my SU.

here is my SU -

Name – Steven (Steve) Mckenzie

Age – 17

Appearance – With his spiky hair Steve looks pretty much like your average teenager. A
peculiar figure who has a massive 6'5 frame and a scrawny build. He has a dark complexion
but not overly dark. He has emerald green eyes and a deep scar on his right cheek .

Steve wears black shirts with dark blue jeans most of the time. He also carries a dark green
back pack and a belt in which he carries his pokeballs.

Personality – If you look at Steve from a distance he looks like a normal teen , but if you look
at his face closely you will realize that he has been sad for the early part of his life . Steve is
quiet most of the time but has a fierce passion for pokemon battles and can talk endlessly
during his battles. However, Steve cannot stand not losing; because he loves utter dominance
in each event he participates. This is one of the reasons he has never made it big. Despite
these flaws he is actually quite nice.

History – Steve was born to a rich family in Petalburg City in the Hoenn Region. Unlike most
people who are born in an upper class family, Steve was never happy even when he was 3-
4 years old. His parents felt desperate to make him happy and tried to get him into different
activities from painting to music, but all in vain. They finally gave up when he was 10 and all
was quiet for a week or so. One day while going on a jog with his father, he found a skarmory
being troubled by a machamp. The plight of that skarmory broke Steve's heart and he begged
his father to help that skarmory. His father sent out his togekiss and after a difficult battle, he
managed to rescue the skarmory. Steve looked after the skarmory for many days and when
the time came for it to leave, it refused to leave him. Then began the bonding of pokemon and
trainer, which later led to the start of Steve's pokemon journey. Steve was extremely talented
and easily beat all the gym leaders of Hoenn in 2 years. He tried the Hoenn league but was
beaten in the first round itself. This led to him being depressed and he spent the next few
years training like relentlessly. When he heard of the Ultima Cup, he immediately participated
in the qualifying tournament and went to the Ultima Cup with the intentions of winning it and
going to the international leagues qualifying rounds as he had no intentions of winnin the prize
money of 2.5 million dollars.

Pokemon –

Skarmory (Miser)
Gender - Male
Ability-Weak Armour
Moves – Swords Dance
Roost
Steel Wing
Fly
Miser got his name for the fact that he is too lazy to spend his energy unnecessarily outside of
the battlefield. However, he is a fierce contender in battles as he is an offensive skarmory with
enormous defences. Being Steve's earliest pokemon he is the highest levelled and strongest
member of Steve's team.

Salamence (Tessy)
Gender-Female
Ability-Moxie

Moves-

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Tessy is Steve's most dependable pokemon. In Steve's first match she being his last pokemon
managed to get rid of the other 5 pokemon before finally succumbing to that trainer's Flygon.
Extremely arrogant and bossy she loves bullying weaker pokemon. Other than that she is
extremely bankable.

Breloom (VIP)
Gender – Male
Ability -Technician

Moves –

Mach Punch
Spore
Close Combat
Seed Bomb

VIP is adept at throwing punches as fast as light. Likes to use Spore at the start of the start
of the battle and then breaks the other pokemon's bones with its punches. VIP is however too
sympathetic to leave a pokemon in its broken condition and many a times can be seen nursing
the pokemon that he has himself injured.

Magnezone(Magneto)
Gender- -nil-
Ability – Magnet Pull

Moves-

Hidden Power (Fire)
Flash Cannon
Thunder
Tri Attack
As soon as Magneto is sent into the battle he strikes terror into the hearts of steel types.
Since, most steel types have terrible SP Defence, they almost never escape safely. Magneto
was caught by Steve in Hoenn and has grown up rapidly ever since.

Zodiac (Starmie)
Gender - -nil-
Ability – Natural Cure
Moves –Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

Zodiac is able to use many different moves which make him one of the most useful members
of the team. Many a times the team was rescued by Zealot's heroics later on in the battle.
Zealot has one bad quality and that is the fact that he can suddenly spray water on everybody
in front!

Max (Excadrill)
Gender - Male
Ability – Mold Breaker
Moves –Drill Run
Metal Claw
Swords Dance
Brick Break

Max was found by Steve in a cave in Rustboro City. It is still a mystery as to how Max came
to be in Hoenn. But after Steve took Max as his own, he has not disappointed. The most
unpredictable member of Steve's team. He sometimes gets out early in the battle and at other
times rips up teams.

Last edited:
Back