• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC > feather > sword

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
You have the default editor, word, notepad++, tons of sticky notes tools, pen and paper, an outright war between vim and emacs users and what feels like ten million other tools that allow you to take notes, copy links, keep track of stuff you need to do, etc.

What's your favorite text editor and what are you using it for?

Years
Notepad++ is probably the top text editor I'd recommend for anybody to use in Windows. It has a list of many great features I could talk about, but I'll mention all that I like. For one, you have a choice between portable install and full install, it recognizes the coding syntax you're using when saving, and you can set it up to highlight stuff based on whatever language you may be programming in.

Also, let's be real; any text editor that has spelling check is useful and handy. :>

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Can you really compare notepad with word processing software like MS Word and sticky notes?

I use Notepad for casual notes I need saved, sticky notes for things I need to get done, and Google Docs for writing documents (mostly for coursework). I also use Atom for casual coding; it's super customisable and has a lot of additional packages you can install, plus I find it much better looking than Notepad++.

Back