Advertiser Content

Kyledove's Official Sinnoh tileset project Page 11

Started by Kyledove March 22nd, 2008 4:33 PM
  • 271 replies

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Age 24
In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
Seen October 17th, 2012
Posted April 9th, 2010
477 posts
12.1 Years
yea i was confused but its all cleared up now... its just they don't seem to fit with your old tiles...
~~~~

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Lover's Kite

the age of empathy

Age 27
Male
California
Seen April 9th, 2017
Posted September 4th, 2014
734 posts
12.4 Years
Danja - I didnt want to get into the legal side of it but as per the post:
"If you'd like, nothing is stopping you from implicitly stating your submitted content under a license term such as Creative Commons, etc."

My work is under the Creative Commons license term since It's up on deviant art which has its own Creative Commons license term.
I'm not trying to go against you. XD
But isn't that deviantArt only? :\ Not PC?

Disturbed

Age 26
Seen October 21st, 2019
Posted August 29th, 2019
1,913 posts
11.6 Years
Well, Kyledove... you must be going through a lot of stress now, and any decisions you make would most likely be fine with us, considering how generous you were to us all in the past.

Anyways, would you be able to add some of your older, non D/P tiles to that sheet? :D
I always have a troublesome time finding the older ones you made.
You can't beat the classics :)

Disturbed

Age 26
Seen October 21st, 2019
Posted August 29th, 2019
1,913 posts
11.6 Years
Sure I can try to find them and put them up if you really want them!
Thanks a load! I love your old tiles. I would use your newer ones, but everyone's been using them, and it'd be somewhat unoriginal.
Thanks though :D

TB Pro

Old-timer

Age 25
Male
Midwestern USA
Seen March 6th, 2016
Posted October 4th, 2012
2,738 posts
15.1 Years
Wow, man, this whole deal sucks. I hate that people aren't happy enough with what you give them, that they have to steal your private works. It's really sickening, if you ask me. Anyways, off that dreary topic, onto a nice one. I absloutely love you dude. Thank you so much for all the tiles and OWs you have made, for us to use, it's really awesome. I agree with Disturbed, I would really like to see a nice big sheet of all your old tiles because, like he said, they are a bit had to find :P Keep up the great work dude, and remember, there are some honest people here on the internet. Please keep it up, and keep a cheery attitude:D Hopefully we will never have to go through this again.
--I'm a creepin'..

mulch_ar

What should I type here?

Male
Jakarta, Indonesia
Seen February 27th, 2012
Posted December 6th, 2010
162 posts
11.1 Years
Oh Kyle you didn't have to do this, It's awesome! You have worked very hard to make it. The OW's are perfect, I just love the swimming OW's
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers aren\'t allowed in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Age 24
In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
Seen October 17th, 2012
Posted April 9th, 2010
477 posts
12.1 Years
Hey kyle, mabey you could put the public stuff on the first post? you know, so it is easier to find and understand waht we can/cant use.
~~~~

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Seen March 7th, 2016
Posted December 28th, 2009
224 posts
11.7 Years
Hey Kyledove. I just saw the big image of all the public tiles we can use, and I noticed there were so many that I didn't see from before! Like the cave tiles and half of those houses. I think maybe you should put that image on the first post because that way it would be way more effective.

Thanks again Kyledove, and just so you know about 98% of the people here support you and hate anyone that steals from you. Keep it up man.

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.

sab

Now too much of a life.

Age 23
Male
Midgar
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 17th, 2018
997 posts
11.4 Years
I agree with disturbed. The older tiles are so hard to find... It would be so cool to know "you can use everything on this sheet and nothing else" because when I do find other tiles of yours I can never tell whether I can youse them or not. antway lets hope that this never haappens again and try to put this all behind us.

Surf

Age 24
Male
Rust
Seen July 30th, 2011
Posted December 29th, 2010
1,198 posts
11.4 Years
Kyledove never posted his Private tiles on PC.
Which makes what Waudby and the others did Illegal.
They were never showcased here, only on DA
I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Male
Australia
Seen September 27th, 2019
Posted June 15th, 2014
5,852 posts
13.5 Years
Look guys, it's nice to see all your support for Kyledove, I'm sure he appreciates it, but any further discussion would just lead to more drama. If you want to discuss the morals concerning pixel art theft then take it to the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread, otherwise you should only be posting here to critique Kyledove's tiles.

Cubuole

Member of the N.O.G Society

Male
Noggy Noggish Nog World
Seen February 23rd, 2010
Posted December 20th, 2009
6 posts
10.8 Years
Kyledove, your tiles are awesome!
you are the best tile creator ever and i think your low saturation idea is great.
I really need you to make a full set of the Pokemon Platinum Battle frontier tiles or a
full set of the diamond and pearl battle tower tiles.
Thanx, Cubuole
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Micheal Jackson says...
come here, little boy.

Alucus_Of_Borg

Random tile/map artist

Seen April 28th, 2019
Posted December 5th, 2011
511 posts
12 Years
hay kyle id just like to thank you before i found your tiles i was always terrible at making tiles coming up with ideas and stuff but cus of you iv started creating my own tiles and a wide range of them which your game inspired and iv enen started work on incorperating them and some of the tiles in this thread into a pokemon flash game that iv began working on for a flash animation breaf for collage but without you non of this would have been possible your a massive inspiration kyle massive i cant wait to see the game you have amazing maping skills as well they look natural and just amazing thanks again kyle thanks so much

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades

Age 27
Male
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Seen June 18th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2018
814 posts
12.4 Years
Kyledove, your tiles are awesome!
you are the best tile creator ever and i think your low saturation idea is great.
I really need you to make a full set of the Pokemon Platinum Battle frontier tiles or a
full set of the diamond and pearl battle tower tiles.
Thanx, Cubuole
Talking
this
is
r
e
a
l
l
y
annoying.

You NEED him to make a full set of Battle Frontier tiles? Why, so you can re-create the same old Battle Frontier with the same old tiles? Way to be original! And besides, making requests in these threads is very much against the rules.

"Best" tile artist ever? The term "best" is a very subjective concept. Yes, he is a really good tile artist. However, so are Alistair, Saurav, Wichu, and the rising star WelseyFG. Can any of them be described as "best?" Can any of the professional tile artists that work on games be considered "best?" I don't see how.
Pokémon: Battles of the Past
Site Thread
Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪

An igloo in Canada
Seen December 17th, 2014
Posted July 20th, 2011
1,772 posts
12.6 Years
Talking
this
is
r
e
a
l
l
y
annoying.

You NEED him to make a full set of Battle Frontier tiles? Why, so you can re-create the same old Battle Frontier with the same old tiles? Way to be original! And besides, making requests in these threads is very much against the rules.

"Best" tile artist ever? The term "best" is a very subjective concept. Yes, he is a really good tile artist. However, so are Alistair, Saurav, Wichu, and the rising star WelseyFG. Can any of them be described as "best?" Can any of the professional tile artists that work on games be considered "best?" I don't see how.
It's not that annoying, InMooseWeTrust. He rights a line of a good amount of words, and then spaces it a bit more than most people, which I think makes it a little easier to read in my opinion. Also, I understand what Cubuole is saying when he says that Kyledove is the best tile creator ever. He may not be the best (he wasn't stating that it was a fact), but he's possibly the best that I've seen.
That was his opinion, and that's my opinion as well.

Yeah, I would love to see some Battle Frontier tiles added to this project, but I understand that you're busy with your MMORPG and all, and your life. I also understand that the Battle Frontier tiles are huge, and they could take a while. I just can't wait to see whatever's coming next from you, even if it has nothing to with this project. Good luck!
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_

Rabbit

where is my mind?

Age 27
Female
BC, Canada
Seen February 1st, 2012
Posted May 24th, 2011
488 posts
11.1 Years
^o^ Fantastic overworld sprites! I've been looking for some of those. You don't plan to do front & back poses for all of them, do you?

As far as credit goes...here's something strange. I've been using your grass path, sand, and street tiles in my personal mapping experiments without realizing they were yours. I found them in the Autotiles folder of one of those pokestarter kits I picked up, and I thought they were official D/P tiles. I don't think there were any obvious indications otherwise.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Advertiser Content