• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Elite Four

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
hqdefault.jpg

Which Elite Four member gave you the most problems when you challenged them? Was their a specific member that was the easiest against your team? Did you have a favorite Elite Four member?

Discuss, y'all.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
if I have to pick the most difficult: Lorelei
(although I train my Pikachu to get there, her pokemon seem to have a quite long HP bar, also I used to pick Charmander everytime so . . .)

the easiest: Bruno
(considering you get a Lapras during the game which can learn also Psychic the battle is an easy game)

the favourite: Lance
(due to his badassness and for the fact he uses dragon-looking pokemon)

Years
I remember Agatha being the easiest since most of her team was Poison type. I have a Hypno on my E4 team in VC Yellow to easily KO them, though I still have to grind most of my team to get their levels at least up to the high 40s. So glad the remakes added the Vs. Seeker to help with this!

I remember the Champion being the hardest, but I think that's why he's Champion and whatnot.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Lorelai: Water/Ice with a Psychic/Ice in Jynx.
Burno: Fighting with Rock/Ground in Onix
Agatha: Ghost/Poison with a Arbok and Golbat for good measure.
Lance: Dragon with a Water/Flying in Gyrados to lead things off.

If you're sufficiently level'd, none of these Trainers pose much of a threat. If I had to pick one though, it'd be Agatha. She's the only one that does Confuse Ray, Minimize and moves that make it difficult to hit the Pokemon she has out.

Years
Tfw this thread exists :(
I'd say Lance would the one I have the most trouble with, considering he has some pretty strong Pokemon with high base stats and decent movepools. Blastoise and Jolteon/Raichu were pretty helpful in this battle. For me, Bruno was the easiest, it was pretty easy to take down his 2 Onix, and a good psychic Pokemon can sweep down Hitmonlee, Hitmanchan, and Machamp. I don't really have a favorite, since I like them all in their own ways. However, I wish their Pokemon could have had better moves to make them more challenging.

Last edited:

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
I think Agatha since I never had Psychic types in my original playthroughs...

Bruno was by-far the easiest for me, no matter what playthrough...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
I always have a hard time trying to beat Lorelei , specially her Lapras.
As my fav i have to go with Bruno , even though he is easy to beat i love that he mixes rock pokemon with fighting types.

Back