• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You Movie Airing on Disney XD November 25

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I intend to watch the first Kanto episode of the arc. Think of it as my "victory cigar" regarding Misty's return and impending encore (based on what was said in the ending of the second episode).

However, I will state this much: I'm gonna have to watch it online, since, due to my lacking cable, I cannot access Disney XD or even Disney Channel itself, let alone watch that episode via that channel. Does Hulu play Pok?mon Sun and Moon episodes? Because I may need to watch it there.

So far as the second Kanto episode, as much as I REALLY want to watch it as soon as it airs, that might not be a possibility depending on when it airs (if it airs on December 2 or even December 9, I won't be able to watch it online on those dates, or any days between November 28 and December 12, because I'll be busy with a MGSV event regarding nameplates, assuming they ARE doing nameplates during that time, anyway. Now, if they don't have nameplates, then I'll gladly watch it via Hulu as usual.).

Not sure about M20, though. I think I'll just stick with watching the end credits to be honest.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So they're moving up airing Episodes? That's news to me frankly. However... I had a feeling they'd be airing the new movie soon because XY/XYZ movies were on today(Hoopa or #18 and Volcanion or #19) and that's a rare thing. Suppose they need something to fill the Star Wars void while Rebels goes on Holiday recess(and that series has been really good so far in its final season).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
BTW, does anyone know when exactly the episodes air?

EDIT: Never mind, it's 9 to 9:30 AM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 26, 2017
For me this is the best movie since the sea temple one. The hate for this one is just silly.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Honestly, compared to some of the more recent ones, this is actually one I didn't feel was a shameless cash-grab. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the movies, but almost everything after the third movie didn't have the same quality overall. All in all, I'll give 10/10.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I couldn't watch any of them, since I don't even have Disney Channel, let alone Disney XD (since I don't have cable anymore). And it also doesn't help that for some stupid reason, Watch Pokémon TV's website doesn't even allow you to watch any episodes of Pokémon that are either prior to Episode 19 of Sun and Moon or after Episode 28 of the same series. And Netflix doesn't even have access to the dub of Pokémon Sun and Moon, just the Japanese version. And, to be honest, I'm actually angry and saddened that I couldn't watch them, especially Episode 42, since I was genuinely looking forward to watching that episode.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
The movie wasn't bad, but wasn't the main point of the movie supposed to be a relook at Ash and Pikachu's beginning and what happened after he sees Ho-oh? It wasn't really that big of a thing, the movie had a whole new series of events and characters and didn't really have much to do with the first episode/season. The only real connection apart from the retelling of episode 1 is Ash wearing his original outfit.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
This movie makes no sense to me. Why are there so many random Sinnoh references? The new companions are both from there, their mascots are both overexposed Gen 4 Pokémon, and the new girl's main plot point is even being the daughter of a certain overrated blonde Champion from there.

(Which, as an aside, makes her not only a punch in the gut to Misty and Dawn, but also Lance. The girl literally only existed to shoehorn in a reference to a certain already overexposed Champion from an unrelated region that could've instead gone to the actual Champion from Kanto and Johto, who is a very ignored, neglected character.)

Why so much Sinnoh? It doesn't appeal to OS era nostalgia, nor does it promote the current generation. And, remakes are still a few years away and probably won't happen any earlier than 2020. It's just an old, irrelevant gen that nobody but diehards really care about right now.

If they wanted to "celebrate more than just Kanto and Johto," then why not just set the anniversary movie in Alola and use the SM cast? And, why give all of this attention to Sinnoh, specifically, but not Hoenn, Unova, and Kalos?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I decided to get this movie but i do think it is a cash grab and a rip off of episode one. Plus it does not exist in the universe as the other movies and of the anime.

Mainly getting it because of Marshadow being partly in it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I agree BettyNewbie, I really didn't get it. Cross seemed to be a composite of Gary, Paul, and Damien the guy that gave away Charmander in season 1 also. I think the movie should've been Ash and the SM crew going to Alola rather than the two episodes of the series, where basically Ash tells everyone about his beginning and we get a look at the SM cast's pasts with the plot involving Ho-Oh and Marshadow.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
This movie makes no sense to me. Why are there so many random Sinnoh references? The new companions are both from there, their mascots are both overexposed Gen 4 Pokémon, and the new girl's main plot point is even being the daughter of a certain overrated blonde Champion from there.

(Which, as an aside, makes her not only a punch in the gut to Misty and Dawn, but also Lance. The girl literally only existed to shoehorn in a reference to a certain already overexposed Champion from an unrelated region that could've instead gone to the actual Champion from Kanto and Johto, who is a very ignored, neglected character.)

Why so much Sinnoh? It doesn't appeal to OS era nostalgia, nor does it promote the current generation. And, remakes are still a few years away and probably won't happen any earlier than 2020. It's just an old, irrelevant gen that nobody but diehards really care about right now.

If they wanted to "celebrate more than just Kanto and Johto," then why not just set the anniversary movie in Alola and use the SM cast? And, why give all of this attention to Sinnoh, specifically, but not Hoenn, Unova, and Kalos?

I kind of figured the DP references are in respect for Pokemon movie 10. Kind of like a 10th anniversary combined with a 20th anniversary. Movie 10 (a DP movie) did have the whole Pikachu the movie 10th literally at the beginning when it aired back in the day. It wasn't just any movie. It was the 10th film around the time and it was treated a little more special probably because it was a milestone. I think that's what makes DP just as significant. This year is movie 10 10th anniversary in japan.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years

Sinnoh remake confirmed.

Joke aside, I am not someone whom can sit in cinemas as I never liked sitting around somewhere for a long time and I am sadly the kind whom watched it online.

On the other hand, this movie confused me so much on why Marshadow has anything to do with the Rainbow Wing or even Ho-Oh.

I love the animation and all the classic important points in the first series put in, but that's it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I kind of figured the DP references are in respect for Pokemon movie 10. Kind of like a 10th anniversary combined with a 20th anniversary. Movie 10 (a DP movie) did have the whole Pikachu the movie 10th literally at the beginning when it aired back in the day. It wasn't just any movie. It was the 10th film around the time and it was treated a little more special probably because it was a milestone. I think that's what makes DP just as significant. This year is movie 10 10th anniversary in japan.

But, was it that big enough of a deal to warrant being shoehorned into a 20th anniversary movie? ~_~ The 10th anniversary was far more low-key, especially outside of Japan, and while Sinnoh has its fans, it has nowhere near the same level of importance and nostalgic appeal as Kanto or even Johto. It isn't even recent, either, since the last game it appeared in (Platinum) came out 9 years ago. When it comes to past regions, the little kiddies are far more likely to be familiar with Kalos (XY), Hoenn (ORAS), and even Unova (B2W2).

It feels so odd to seemingly have more Sinnoh than Kanto, Johto, and Alola in this movie, even though it's a Gen 7 movie inspired by the OS era.

Last edited:
Back