• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SM2: Guardians Rising - predicitions

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
With the new set around the corner, what do you guys think it will change? What will be big? What won't?

I was really against Ninetales GX at first, thought it looked trash. But with Aqua Patch I think it actually has a place in the meta now. With Choice Band it will be dealing 190 to EXs/GXs a turn. 210 with a Kukui. With a weakness to Steel and the ability to continuously attack it sets itself apart from Lapras GX as a viable alternative Water main.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 2, 2017
I am getting a boosterbox to unpack from SM2 ^^ I a very excited to see all the new cards. I have unpacked the japanese version and the artwork was very nice :) I am more of a collector than player, but perhaps I will make a deck of SM2

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I am getting a boosterbox to unpack from SM2 ^^ I a very excited to see all the new cards. I have unpacked the japanese version and the artwork was very nice :) I am more of a collector than player, but perhaps I will make a deck of SM2

It'd be a good time to start. Rotation is just 5 months away now so a lot of older stuff is going, and SM2 brings a lot of great cards into the fray. Aqua Patch, Field Blower and Rescue Stretcher are three of the best cards in years and will really change up standard. Hala is a great replacement for Sycamore in slower GX decks too.

One card everyone's ranting about is Tapu-Lele GX. That card is going to be worth money when it hits Western markets. I'm predicting around £20 (€24, $26) for the regular art and around £30 for the alt. Rainbow will go for silly money (Easily £50-£70). This card will be the SM generation's Shaymin equivalent for cross deck play and for market value.

Years
Think all GX will be used, but not a big gamechanger like I see it.
Sylveon GX got a good move for deck using alot of turns building up energy when it puts 2 cards with all attackment back to hand.

But I think the Aqua Patch will be in all water deck after this, I will put it in mine.
Also I think the new stadium will be little popular

I have put in pre-order for:
1x Sun and moon guardians rising Booster box
1x sun and moon guardians rising Elite trainer

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Think all GX will be used, but not a big gamechanger like I see it.
Sylveon GX got a good move for deck using alot of turns building up energy when it puts 2 cards with all attackment back to hand.

But I think the Aqua Patch will be in all water deck after this, I will put it in mine.
Also I think the new stadium will be little popular

I have put in pre-order for:
1x Sun and moon guardians rising Booster box
1x sun and moon guardians rising Elite trainer

I dunno, Kommo-o GX is a legitimately terrible card and Wishiwashi GX isn't good either

Years
I pulled a Metagross GX and not really seeing a lot of potential for that eithter at the moment but I have never built a steel deck. I would say it's GX attack is a waste of a GX move though.

I really like Tapu Koko when using that at pre-release, works great in electric decks and if you set up all your pokemon with electric energy and play it from your hand, you immediately power it up out into active and lay down 130 damage with no after effects! It's GX attack will be very destructive to, I think I will deffo build a deck around mine.

Field Blower and Aqua Patch are already being planned into decks, especially my water deck :)

Years
I dunno, Kommo-o GX is a legitimately terrible card and Wishiwashi GX isn't good either

Yes they are not the best but I still they can be used in decks combined with other good cards I think (spesial maybe for people that dont run GX in their deck from before):
- Kommo-o GX can deliver 130 attack every round and also make one attack on 240 to maybe KO a M Rayquaza.
- Wishiwashi-GX can deliver 120 and at the same time discard DCE or other spesial energy from your opponent's Active Pokemon that can be good agenst some deck.
The GX attack here becomes more a endgame move becouse of the energy transfer, but if you got 2 pricecard left you can lysandre one of your opponent EX/GX and maybe KO that on 1 attack.

I dont think they will be normal in Championships and so on but I will not be suprised if people use them on some decks on TCG Online.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Yes they are not the best but I still they can be used in decks combined with other good cards I think (spesial maybe for people that dont run GX in their deck from before):
- Kommo-o GX can deliver 130 attack every round and also make one attack on 240 to maybe KO a M Rayquaza.
- Wishiwashi-GX can deliver 120 and at the same time discard DCE or other spesial energy from your opponent's Active Pokemon that can be good agenst some deck.
The GX attack here becomes more a endgame move becouse of the energy transfer, but if you got 2 pricecard left you can lysandre one of your opponent EX/GX and maybe KO that on 1 attack.

I dont think they will be normal in Championships and so on but I will not be suprised if people use them on some decks on TCG Online.

Wishiwashi would hold some use in a heavy waterbox because of it's bulky HP, it's GX attack and the addition of aqua patch. You could use the GX attack for a quick wipeout when it's on it's last legs and move the energy to the bench setting up a Lapras GX or a Palkia EX or something to take it's place. But it'd be quicker to just power those up in the first place.

Years
Wishiwashi would hold some use in a heavy waterbox because of it's bulky HP, it's GX attack and the addition of aqua patch. You could use the GX attack for a quick wipeout when it's on it's last legs and move the energy to the bench setting up a Lapras GX or a Palkia EX or something to take it's place. But it'd be quicker to just power those up in the first place.

Yeah, thats true.

Anyways I know easy what card I want most of the new set on IRL cards :)
The gold DCE card ♥

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Yeah, thats true.

Anyways I know easy what card I want most of the new set on IRL cards :)
The gold DCE card ♥

Yeah it looks insanely good. Fall art Hala and Mallow and rainbow Lele for me. I pulled rainbow Drampa GX on prerelease which was dope

Years
Yeah it looks insanely good. Fall art Hala and Mallow and rainbow Lele for me. I pulled rainbow Drampa GX on prerelease which was dope

Yeah, I will try to get a PSA 10 of the Gold DCE for my collection ^^

Alot of good arts, and rainbow Drampa GX is not bad on the prerelease, sadly no prerelese in the area I live, only I know of is that I did hear that it was going to be a release draft when the set's was out. :(

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Yeah, I will try to get a PSA 10 of the Gold DCE for my collection ^^

Alot of good arts, and rainbow Drampa GX is not bad on the prerelease, sadly no prerelese in the area I live, only I know of is that I did hear that it was going to be a release draft when the set's was out. :(

That sucks :/ It's a real good set, but a lot of junk made its way in :(

Years
Ninetails GX is gonna put in work with Aqua Patch. Lele is obviously good but I don't think it should be competing in price with Shaymin, as Shaymin is just better - though there is risk of it getting rotated out. Water and fighting got a serious boost with the new stadium that searches out the basics. The -2 retreat stadium for Dark and Psychic is great too. Field blower was a much needed card that is finally released. The Lycanroc GX cards along with Machoke give fighting an added boost.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Ninetails GX is gonna put in work with Aqua Patch. Lele is obviously good but I don't think it should be competing in price with Shaymin, as Shaymin is just better - though there is risk of it getting rotated out. Water and fighting got a serious boost with the new stadium that searches out the basics. The -2 retreat stadium for Dark and Psychic is great too. Field blower was a much needed card that is finally released. The Lycanroc GX cards along with Machoke give fighting an added boost.

Shay is definitely going to rotate and Lele is definitely a better card. Lele has no weakness, has two great attacks, bulky HP and a staple attack that will always be good. Shaymin has a very easy to exploit weakness, terrible HP, an awful attack and 9/10 will give your opponent essentially two free prizes. DDRox mentioned in his article how Vikavolt GX can 1hit shaymins on the bench, in a deck like M Rayquaza which often runs 3-4 Shaymin you'll be taking all 6 prizes with one hit from a wide lensed Vikavolt GX.

Draw speed will be less important this format. Slow burners like Lapras GX, Solgaleo GX and Sylveon GX just don't need it, Turbodark will likely die off for a few months thanks to field blower and the new Garb too.

Years
We're just past the weekend of release now and I've been seeing chatter about Trevenant in a handful of places over the weekend, including from Hands, so chances are that will probably at least see some experimental play if not outright heavy usage over the next couple of months, I'd imagine. It did pretty well against me in the Prerelease I went to, since I did go heavy on items to try to get a good setup.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
The non-GX Tapu Koko seems to be making a splash in Japan (although they're currently in an extended format).

Double Colourless for 20 damage to benched mon means making that Tapu Lele GX susceptible to the 150-160 damage attacks that seem to be common.

Ninetales GX seems to be pretty good with Aqua Patch and the fact that it doesn't use as many items as other decks so Vileplume and Garbodor don't ruin it's day as easily as other decks.

Might have to buy a few of these packs...I do like the GX art works and Turtonator GX/Oricorio Baille could be great for a Fire Deck I'm thinking off.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
The non-GX Tapu Koko seems to be making a splash in Japan (although they're currently in an extended format).

Double Colourless for 20 damage to benched mon means making that Tapu Lele GX susceptible to the 150-160 damage attacks that seem to be common.

Ninetales GX seems to be pretty good with Aqua Patch and the fact that it doesn't use as many items as other decks so Vileplume and Garbodor don't ruin it's day as easily as other decks.

Might have to buy a few of these packs...I do like the GX art works and Turtonator GX/Oricorio Baille could be great for a Fire Deck I'm thinking off.

Ninetales GX and Garb are both making big splashes in Japan right now. Drampa GX has really set the tone for support GXs there as well, appearing as a prominent part of the new Garb build and also seeing play in various waterboxes

Back