• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Mine's Clefable, second place is a toss up between Weezing and Tauros.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
Dragonite. Simply cool.

And OP as anything in link battles if equipped with agility, wrap, and toxic.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 12, 2022
Probably Primeape I just like the design and its pretty good for a fighting type.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 18, 2016
Vulpix for me from Gen. 1. It's sooo pretty it's ridiculous.

Ninetales and Eevee are right behind.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Arcanine and Aerodactyl. I love dogs and dinosaurs, what else can I say? :P
Do you consider Arcanine more of a dog than a tiger?

The starters.
In a way, I kind of agree. The gen 1 starters are so well designed somehow, although one can argue that they are boring. The middle evos are simply larger versions of the base stages.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Do you consider Arcanine more of a dog than a tiger?

Do you consider Arcanine a tiger? I don't, personally, and it's never really crossed my mind. I mean, even though it has that kind of pattern, it seems pretty clearly to be a dog.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Do you consider Arcanine a tiger? I don't, personally, and it's never really crossed my mind. I mean, even though it has that kind of pattern, it seems pretty clearly to be a dog.
Yeah, I guess I always thought of it as a tiger because of its coloration haha. But it's clearly meant to be more of a dog c:

Years
Butterfree has always been my favorite Pokemon, Gen I or otherwise. Never really used it in game as a kid though- I always stuck with Pokemon like Zapdos and Lapras in-game as my main Pokemon.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I like many of them but my favorite pokemon ever is a first gen's Pokemon: marowak's line.
I love the concept, the desng, the stories about these Pokemon... and I even like Marowak even more with his new alola form! I just wish they get a boost for the competitive play...

Years
Magneton. Magnets and Electricity. It got even better with it's new Steel and Electric Typing. Using Tri-Attack was so cool. Muk and Minimize was pretty cool as well.

Years
Raichuuu. <3 Was a bit bummed I couldn't evolve Pikachu or get another in Yellow, especially since Raichu's sprite was so cute. I mean look:

26.PNG

Aw. I used one in RB but wanted to in Yellow especially.

Years
Raichuuu. <3 Was a bit bummed I couldn't evolve Pikachu or get another in Yellow, especially since Raichu's sprite was so cute. I mean look:

26.PNG

Aw. I used one in RB but wanted to in Yellow especially.

This irritated me as well. Raichu was vastly superior to Pikachu and it drove me nuts you couldn't get one in Yellow Version. I like Electric types and Raichu isn't the highest up on the list, but Electabuzz, Electrod, Magneton, Jolteon and Zapdos were all good choices to go with. I'm glad that they're finally showing Raichu some love in Generation VII.

Back